[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
19 F, Crippled with anxiety since early childhood. Only people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: 30VALIUM-SUB-articleLarge-v2.jpg (92 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
30VALIUM-SUB-articleLarge-v2.jpg
92 KB, 600x324
19 F, Crippled with anxiety since early childhood. Only people on 4chan are fucking normal.

I'm looking for someone lonely, anxious, who'd like to be friends with me and my boyfriend (and housebound with skype would be nice).

Sex with you would repulse us.

We love you all.
>>
Absolutely yes, i got depression and anxiety and want exactly that, im 21 m uk high average looking my kik is WhiteNYT
>>
>>22765638
>[CRIPPLING DEPRESSION]

Why are you here?
>>
Thread King here with important notification.

We only accept skype.
>>
>>22765651

I love thread king.
>>
Ok its crygnome
>>
>>22765638
>Crippled with anxiety
>my boyfriend

lyl, regardless I'm a severely agoraphobic 22 year old man in the Midwest. Skype is 'onoxmode'
>>
>>22765638
>lonely
>anxious
>me and my boyfriend
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>22765668

not you.
>>
>>22765678
As in the account not mine or you didnt pick me?
>>
>>22765638
Same deal here. 35 years old now and it's worse than ever. I had to go on disability last year, miss working so fucking much, I'm fucking bored out of my mind.
>>
>>22765692

I'm sorry
>>
>>22765677
>>22765727
This
>>
>>22766132

friends, you've won the contest
>>
>>22765677
>>22766132
If you haven't had anxiety and depression (only anxiety myself, I'm as fucking happy as it possibly could be with severe anxiety), you don't know.
You can easily feel alone and depressed being in a relationship. I've actually cut off an engagement because I knew it would be too complicated in the long run, and happy about my decision to do so.
My anxiety made me close up and stay by myself for long periods of time to handle it
We're still friends and hang out now and then, but less and less since we both still have feelings (but have a friends-with-benefits arrangement as long as she's single).
I just don't feel I can be in a relationship the way I am now. It hurts her and it hurts me hurting her.
>>
>>22766152
I decline
>>
>>22766154
Nobody is saying you can't be anxious or depressed in a relationship. We just have a lot less sympathy since you have been lucky enough to have someone committed to you. I think we save our sympathy for the people who are anxious and depressed and don't have someone willing to commit their life to being with you. Kind of like if I'm going to give some money away I'll give it to someone who doesn't already have a trust fund.
>>
>>22766158
It's a two-edged sword. If you're in a relationship and you know you're hurting your partner, it can be even worse.
Breaking off the engagement was the best I could do. We both feel much better, even though we miss the shit out of each other.
Living with someone with anxiety (and probably depression) is not easy and often you're better off alone.
I've pretty much set my mind to be alone forever from now on, unless I by some miracle gets better.
But that's not going to happen. And I'm fine with that now. I've had my share of love, I think I can handle living on my own from now on. At least I was lucky enough to experience true love.
>>
>>22766158

That's completely fair, but we're the ones who want to offer that to someone.

Thoughts didn't go that far, and that's okay.
>>
>>22766164
Even if you leave at least you had the choice. My sympathy is more with the person who is alone and didn't even choose that.
>>
>>22766164

Reading this, we're both terrified it'll happen to us.

We wish you the absolute best man
>>
>>22766171
If you just want to offer friendship to someone else who is really lonely to help them, that's great.
>>
>>22766172
Fair enough. I do feel sorry for someone who haven't felt love at least once, OK, I can agree on that.
Better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all and all that.
>>
>>22766179
Especially when it isn't lost but chose to end it yourself.
>>
>>22766177
Depends a lot on the severity. My anxiety is at the level I think I'm going to die a couple of times a day and I always have prepared some water in case I go into complete panic mode and have to sit in a corner and ride it out.
If it's not that intense and your partner understands, you should be fine.
We had 3 wonderful years together before I put my foot down and said this is just hurting and frustrating in the long run and doesn't seem to get better.
I love her to death, but it was for the best. She didn't agree, but understood and I think she does agree deep down.
Again, we're still good friends so I haven't lost her completely and we actually do quite well as friends now. A little heart-ache, but it's not killing me and I was genuinly happy when I heard she was dating again.

Though honestly, also happy when I heard it didn't work out, hehe.
>>
>>22765638
>be friends with me and my boyfriend
lol'd
>>
>>22766194

That's heavy, I'm really sorry. Do you just have generalised anxiety or is your panic specific to a phobia?

Both of us have pretty severe anxiety, and his is yours almost word for word, while I phase in and out of panic and just avoid everything, agoraphobia etc.

Do you ever see getting back together, whether you get better or otherwise? She might feel it was cut short with little reason.
>>
>>22766224
Generalized anxiety, mostly health-anxiety.
I like to work out and swim 4 times pr. week, but I can get into panic just from getting my heart rate up, so yeah.
I've kind of gotten better when it comes to death fears. Ever since I was a kid I had panics due to that, and I just thought everyone had it like that and didn't understand how people dealt with it.
Well, seems they don't, hehe.
Long walks with a good podcast on my ear helps ... as long as I'm walking and listening to podcasts. As soon as I get back home the anxiety comes back at full terror.
But again, I'm not depressed. I absolutely fucking love life. I've had several psychologists and psychiatrists and they've asked me if I could please meet up with their groups to show that you can be happy with anxiety. But I have too much anxiety to speak to big groups, hehe.

Nah, we're not getting back together. I don't see me getting better without hard medication, and I don't want to take zombie-drugs. I will much rather deal with the attacks and constant fear and enjoy the small things than being a fucking zombie.
>>
>>22766234

Health anxiety is my boyfriend too and I had it for most of my childhood, panic about death, illness etc. We completely understand.

I completely see breaking up with someone who didn't understand for 101 reasons, that is feeling like a burden to them. I would start to feel detached.

Walks are great. Everything you've said is fair.
>>
>>22766245
Well, she DID understand, but there's only so many times you can look into your loves eyes and sees her trying to hide her tears from seeing you having a horrible time.
>>
>>22766256

I understand that she understood, I was just feeling out how I would react in your situation.

I'm sorry that you had to go through that.
>>
File: storm.jpg (49 KB, 778x778) Image search: [Google]
storm.jpg
49 KB, 778x778
>>22766265
Ah, again, better to have love and lost, than never have loved, and I believe we will be friends forever.
We both share a strong passion for animals. She is quite active in dog exhibitions (which would freak me the hell out to participate in) and I love birds.
I have a couple of extremely intelligent parakeets and considering getting a bigger parrot at some point.
I am also the only one she trusts to take care of her dogs if she's busy, so we kind of can't cut contact, hehe. One of her dogs just won a couple of regional awards as well, she really knows her stuff.
Pic related, our little baby.
>>
>>22765638
is your bf hot?
>>
It truly sucks that people think it's as easy as just finding a partner and then everything magically fixes itself. That there's nothing to worry about in life other than having someone to love, or since this is /soc/, fuck. Yeah, nah, if you've ever gone through anything truly hard you'd know that's not what it's like.

With that said: F, 24, in a relationship but seriously severely depressed. Also finding it even worse now that I'm in a relationship and living with someone for the first time 'cause I need to care for so much more than just myself even though I spend most my energy on thinking about dying or trying not to think about dying.

I, or we maybe, could probably need some friends. When ignoring my shitty brain and its issues I'm pretty fucking funny and nice and totally friend material.
>>
>>22766412
Should probably add that the idea of having friends without having to leave my apartment is appealing as fuck, so yeah.
>>
>>22766412
I actually found having friends even harder. I have a good bunch of really good friends, but then it's hard managing your energy to keep up with them.
Luckily, I have the best friends in the world that understands my shit, so I try my best to visit and get visited and I never hear a bad word, quite the opposite.
I'm fucking lucky.
>>
File: 1423810260892.png (249 KB, 1400x680) Image search: [Google]
1423810260892.png
249 KB, 1400x680
>>22765638
>like to be friends with me and my boyfriend

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>22766432
My boyfriend is amazing and all but I guess having a relationship and sharing a home with someone is more demanding than hanging out with friends, I don't know. I find it more exhausting trying to keep a straight face at home and take care of him and us, you know? Then again I don't really meet friends often either though, but they really do understand why.
>>
>>22766504
>and take care of him and us
you are girlfriend or caretaker?
Very hard to be both, imo.
>>
>>22767211
Both, kinda? We (I) do joke about me being more of a mum for him, heh. It is hard in a way, but I love him so it's worth it.
>>
>>22765638
Idk about depression but I've been extremely anxious and sad lately. My skype username is blushjng
>>
>>22766439

I'm just here to say this crudely rendered drawing is a work of art.
>>
Heyy op. I'd love to make some new kik friends. I've been dealing with a lot of recent losses and stress and to be open with someone would be great. Kik: katemcconkey
>>
I'm so depressed and only function because I have 2 friends that drag me around. They take me to work and make me cook and eat with them. I'm suprised I haven't gotten fired from my job, I don't have the motivation to do anything lately. Nothing really motivates me anymore. I only keep going because there are people I love, and I don't want to hurt them. Have had a few nasty suicides in the family, and that's not how I want to go out. It's ironic that the main reason I interact with people is because I tried to make it look like an accident last thanksgiving, crashed my car, came out without a scratch, and got a dui. So now I'm on everyone's radar cause they want to drive me around and shit. I'm from a small town and own guns and shit, but gave them to a friend to hold for me so I don't do anything impulsive. I really used to be happy and enjoy life, and hope to get back there somehow. Kik: found.waldo
>>
>>22765638
Winstoncurlyfries
>>
>>22765638

>who'd like to be friends with me and my boyfriend

what the fuck? your boyfriend can't even fill that void? why are you even with him?

holy shit go the fuck away fucking retard
>>
>>22770502

No void, can't read.

I love you anyway, yeah?
>>
>>22769186
i second this assessment
>>
>>22765638
>with me and my boyfriend.
That's called real fucking life.
No one wants to be friends with you
...and your boyfriend.
Our entire purpose in life is mating, we just want to fuck you.
Your boyfriend is no different.
fuck off.
>>
>>22765638
Don't have a skype but I'd like to wish you luck, it's always good to try and make friends.
>>
>>22770740

Who says I'm looking for men, or you, you pathetic 'I'm insightful' fuck.

How often do you mate? haha
>>
the-joxter
21 F and weak against cold weather.
I also have a really weird, when-i'm-online schedule.
>>
>>22766412

We're totally up for skyping with you if you want :)

We're good friends too.
>>
>>22770772
Look chica, you're going about this all wrong. 99% sure you're a troll but just in case you're just a retarded autist lets get some things straight.

Most people with crippling anxiety can fake it well enough to make friends, it's much less risky and can be achieved with relatively little effort. But to take it a step farther and look for companionship is incredibly triggering. You have to actually open up to someone and deal with rejection head on, and you have to try and prove yourself to them. Then when you have someone interested in you you can only see bad things happening down the line, because that's what anxiety does.

That said, to say you have anxiety problems then to close with "Oh but me and my boyfriend just wanna talk you guys are repulsive XD" is incredibly moronic way of trying to reach out these people who have so much trouble in and fear of connecting with people.

tl;dr: You're either a horrible person who's trying to get some sick satisfaction out of people's disabilities or you're a literal autist who can't even empathize with people whom share the exact same condition with you.
>>
>>22770931
Cool beans, my Skype is motelface. :) Heads up though, I'm in Northern Europe so timezones might not be on our side.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.