[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any disabled people on soc?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Any disabled people on soc?
>>
Plenty of mentally disabled
>>
>>22735861
heh
>>
>>22735861
/thread
>>
>>22735861
Literally entered this thread ready to say that, kudos to you.
>>
Had a knee replacement in '12 'cause of bone cancer and now I have to walk with a fucking cane everywhere.
There is literally not a second in my day where I am not in some kind of pain.
YAY BEING DISABLED
>queue sarcastic clapping
>>
>>22735913
that sucks, I'm sorry : (
>>
>>22735913
Is there a chance you'll ever regain full mobility or no?
How old were you when the procedure was done?

Now this question may seem insensitive, but I'm genuinely curious, would you have preferred it if you hadn't "made" it? You said in your post that you're in some kind of pain every moment throughout the day, that plus the decreased mobility seems like it would have a pretty negative impact on your quality of life.

Also how long was your recovery?
>>
>>22735963
Honestly I'm calling my doctor as soon as I get to a working phone and telling him to cut the fucking thing off.
It's been three years and it's still just as bad as when I first started physical therapy. Nothing is helping it get better and I honestly want to fucking kill myself because of it.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't "made" it. Cancer ruined my fucking life.
>>
>>22735969
how old are you?
>>
>>22735969
Man, that's rough. I would feel the exact same way though. If he agrees to amputate it, at least you'll get a nice prosthetic and be able to go about your life in a more normal way.
Please don't kill yourself though, it shouldn't have to come to that.
>>
>>22735976
21. I was 17 when I was diagnosed with cancer.
>>
>>22736050
Ye, not really feeling it anyway.
I got a dog who really cares about me and who is gonna take care of him if I'm dead?

I hope I get a sick prosthetic. A 3D printed one would be amazing.
>>
>>22735849
Yes
>>
>>22736061
You should get that depression sorted out before it becomes a real issue
>>
>>22736118
It's been a real problem since I was 13.
Cancer just made it worse.
>>
>>22736127
You need to get it sorted my dude. Being disabled isn't as bad as people that aren't disabled make it out to be. trust me, I've been doing it a lot longer than you. Yeah, there's a lot of shit that you used to take for granted that is a fucking mission to do these days, but you'll find ways to do them again. Yep, they'll take longer, but you'll figure out shortcuts and shit that make it easier in the long run. You just gotta get through that initial shitty mind set that you're life is over. Pity is the worst thing about being disabled, and if that's all you feel for yourself, that's all anyone else will give you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.