[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm online dating and I've posted my profile. Maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: me.png (240 KB, 931x840) Image search: [Google]
me.png
240 KB, 931x840
I'm online dating and I've posted my profile. Maybe you've got tips on why I'm so terrible at online dating, maybe you're local, or maybe you just want to put me on blast!
>>
File: Me2.png (19 KB, 962x423) Image search: [Google]
Me2.png
19 KB, 962x423
>>22617173
>>
>>22617176
The thing with online dating is the thing with everything else in the Internet too: you don't show what you are but you show what you want to be.
Women on these sites know that they are really rare and especially when they look at least a bit good they know that they can choose everybody, so a normal looking dude like you has no chance.

My advice? Either ignore that online dating stuff completely or lie in fucking every point
>>
File: Me3.png (41 KB, 885x843) Image search: [Google]
Me3.png
41 KB, 885x843
>>22617173
I know I'm not attractive and unphotogenic. But personality wise, I like to think I'm pretty awesome. I've had a lot of women fall in love with me on the DL.
I'm extremely counter-culture, but I don't have tattoos or dress like a kid, so counter-culture won't fuck with me, but normal people don't fuck with me either.
So feel free to rate, give feedback, be local and want to hang out/smoke one, or just talk shit.
If you're local I'm down for whatever, my best friends moved away.
I'm awesome and I just need to get off pof, right?
>>
>>22617184
Probably the best advice I'll get.

I was thinking that any woman trying online dating hasn't had her heart crushed by a sleazy online fucker, so anyone not naïve isn't on there. I should prob just avoid. Thanks.
>>
>>22617173
question is what in that profile would make anyone want to contact you. What do you have to offer besides defeated eyes and a boring 9 to 5. you have to make your profile say "contact me" not "gloss over and maybe have a peek and maybe if you like me contact me. have some humor and some less lifeless photos
>>
>>22617254
Hahaha the defeated eyes is a fair point.

But I guess with my little write up from: >>22617192
I thought I was showing I'm semi-funny, smart, like to do shit. If I try to be more specific I come off as even more counter culture, but maybe I should try and make it a little funnier. Haha and get someone to take some more pics of me.
>>
http://jornaloide.com/cosplay/
>>
>>22617254
This guy has a point but you don't want to flat out lie if you ever intend on meeting IRL ( and why else would you create a profile? )

Just be honest and try to enhance your strenghts and not bring up less desirable traits

Saying you job is boring for example sends out a negative vibe. Makes you sound like you had to settle for something because you were not good enough to find something better.

It's fine if that's what you think, but there is no reason to bring it up... I am not saying you should lie if she asks you about it either, but I think it's an example of something that shouldn't be on your profile
>>
>>22617479
Yeah okay I will try and purge out some of the general negativity in there. Good points! I hate people with profiles that say:
"Here's what I don't want:
- negative bitchy thing
- players
- another neg comment"

So I should prob clean that stuff out of my own.
>>
>>22617537
You got some great advice in the thread. It says that you're a free thinker in the profile but then everything else you posted seems counter to that. Put some more upbeat positive things in your profile, some humor, and you may get some more bites.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.