[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm on 30mg of cipralex daily and it's a lot better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
i'm on 30mg of cipralex daily and it's a lot better than the alternative but i do have some gripes.

the mental state i was in without medication was not livable, and while this is livable, it's also a bit dark and unsatisfying at times.

although before i was extremely emotionally unstable and i would either be a) hyperactively excited b) sexually excited c) livid d) depressed e) suicidal infinitely due to extremely high emotional responses.

i couldn't keep jobs and i couldn't keep relationships and i didn't want to live, finally after being re-dosed and switched around by docs and medications this has some effect.

my emotions are mostly at a standstill, which as i said, is a definite improvement. but it's also detrimental. there are many things that i no longer have anxiety with, and things can be self destructive in that way.

which is the lesser of two evils, i want to talk more in depth about it but to someone who may know. has anyone been on long-term medications and gone off of them? how did you do so?

has anyone been on medication for a long period and feels dependent on it to be stable enough to function?
>>
>>23942264
i was on an SSRI for ~two years and then went off it, but i don't know how much my perspective is worth. i don't really think i should ever have been taking the drug
>>
>>23942272
what made you go on them to begin with, and what made you think you didn't want to be on them any longer?

not to pry, and you don't have to be too detailed if you don't want to, but i'm just curious
>>
>>23942279
young and emotional. being without friends/family support for a little while and spending way too much time on 4chan/the internet... kind of messed with me and made me think my just being young and emotional was a mental issue. describing being young and emotional to a couple of doctors led to a diagnosis.

i didn't want to be on them any longer because i hadn't made any progress. i realized i was feeling better than i had before but only because i was taking something and going to therapy. i wanted a more solid foundation that i thought would be a better way, so i started making lifestyle changes. exercise, eating right, found a job, went back to school, all the while pushing myself in social settings gradually. it has been a long process and i'm still working at it, but at this point i figure i'm doing better without medication than i ever have.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.