[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to read some papers from 1927, but I'm really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: never seen this before.png (697 KB, 1137x635) Image search: [Google]
never seen this before.png
697 KB, 1137x635
I'm trying to read some papers from 1927, but I'm really struggling with the way Tsiolkovsky presents information here, I think probably just because I am not used to it.

Can someone explain what exactly "f" is here?
>>
Physically or mathematically speaking?

I mean it's some factor, and the answers depends if v is volume or velocity, and how it's related to the length L, or hopefully something of the same unit as it.

Your question is pretty half-assed
>>
>>8208929

I guess whats really throwing me off is how it could be plus or minus the logarithm, and how it could be raised to plus or minus 1.

How come its two things at once, and how do I know which one to use?
>>
>>8208934
Its called an 'ambiguity factor', it was developed by the Spanish mathematician Juan Hernández Valdez.
>>
>>8208948

thanks, this is all i needed
>>
>>8208948

um, i had a look and i cant find anything about Valdez.

Are you fucking with me?
>>
>>8208972
I think you'll find him along with the skyhooks and tartan paint.
>>
>>8208934
usually when you see two +/- signs in the same expression, they take the same sign if they're both +/-

IE: if you see +/- and +/-, the possible values are usually
+x+y or -x-y
and if you see +/- and -/+, you get
+x-y or -x+y

as for which sets to use - can you figure it out from context? my guess is that you'd want to use the -ln() term if your v was larger than l so that you still have a positive term, and then take the inverse of that to represent that it's a small value
>>
>>8208955
>>8208972
>>8208919
Ambiguity factor: https://fileteadotme/t1sO2RxLTYLSJCNwucJpuB5xA
>>
>>8208979

you sure that URLs right?

I replaced the dot with . and it still doesnt work for me
>>
>>8209055
That's strange, I'll try a different host.
Here: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/586249/buerger1948.pdf
>>
>>8209058

perfect. thanks
>>
>>8209070
Perfectly fine, OP.
>>
>>8209072

no wait

fuck you
>>
>>8209076
What's wrong, friend?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.