[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone understand this reference, what it means, or why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: re_banned.jpg (62 KB, 768x289) Image search: [Google]
re_banned.jpg
62 KB, 768x289
Does anyone understand this reference, what it means, or why I was banned?
As it stands I still do not know what I'd done to provoke the ban, and risk doing it again by not know what the ban was for?

If a mod didn't like a post, I still don't know??
>>
File: Cool Shirts Guy.jpg (23 KB, 234x342) Image search: [Google]
Cool Shirts Guy.jpg
23 KB, 234x342
After 11 years of work, I finally finished the ultimate meme. His name is Cool Shirts Guy. It's ridiculously amazing and has all kinds of epic jokes. Only I can post this meme because I am the best memer in the world. I am the best. No one is better than me, because, as previously stated, I am the best in the world at meming. I know I'm being modest, so I should say this meme was easy to make, because, as stated, I'm the best there is. This meme is perfect, hands down. Anyone who says it isn't perfect will have their comment deleted, blocked from my account, blocked from 4chan, computer destroyed with a hammer, and you will be killed by my millions of fans at the snap of my fingers, because I can demand that much respect, because I'm the best. Hope you enjoy my meme. His name is Cool Shirts Guy.
>>
>>4119768
Gee golly shucks, i sure don't know nothin' 'bout none of that there bannin' and such
>>
It means you accidentally left Reddit open in another tab while you were logged in on Reddit. 4chan now has secret NSA XSS scripting functionality to see if you're a pleb or not, so better close all those tabs before posting on 4chan. Don't bother searching the source code either because 4chan hid it under the firewall settings.
>>
>>4119775
The Greys are at it again.....
>>
>>4119775
I didn't have that site open. I did point out that someone else had done a screen cap of the site, and I mentioned it.

That's the ban? Mentioning that someone else uses that site?
>>
>>4119774

Not for this re___boogeyman shitpost?
I don't use that website. I pointed out that someone else took a screen cap with it. That's the banning?
>>
>>4119768
It mean you got banned for acting like you have the intellect of a 13 year old.

What to do to prevent this happening again: pretend you are an adult and, if you are on any other board than [s4s], only make posts that are attempting to engage in honest, productive conversation.

How to know when your post is doing it wrong?:

1. Its only one sentence or two sentences.
2. It addresses the poster you are replying to, not an idea in group discussion

There. I wish you the best of luck now.
>>
>>4119786
Apologies suh, I ain't go no reckonin' as to why theys bannin' y'all. Sometime da moderation be spooky n mysterial
>>
>>4119781
Play the first route (Fate) of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel.

Watch the currently airing adaptation of the second route (Unlimited Blade Works) of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel.

Watch the movie(s) of the third route (Heaven's Feel) of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel.

Watch Fate/Zero.
>>
>>4119793
You forgot to mention in which order to watch the Jelly Lions!
>>
>>4119797
I'd rather watch you're Fat Hog if you know what I mean xP
>>
File: animo.gif (877 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
animo.gif
877 KB, 400x400
>>4119791
tbh this post doesn't seem like a funpost or #swag at all, it fact it seems #unchill, even #rude. It's okay tho pleasr just maybe you didn't know your tone. :^)

Your fortune: You will meet a dark handsome stranger
>>
>>4119791

>1. Its only one sentence or two sentences.

Sometimes only one or two sentences are needed to respond.

>2. It addresses the poster you are replying to, not an idea in group discussion

What? We're not supposed to address individuals directly? That makes no sense to me. People responded to one another directly, that is what we do in message boards?

>There. I wish you the best of luck now.

Thanks, but your guidelines are still vague in regards to message boards.
>>
>>4119802
You're right. I'm sorry.

While I still believe it to be true and good advice, my tone was way off and the intent of the post was duplicitous at best.

I want to apologize to God and all of [s4s] for stepping out of line.
>>
>>4119821
I accept your apology. Hopefully we can move on from this traumatic incident and remain the closest of friends.
>>
>>4119802
I swear it is my honest attempt to understand what provoked a banning so as not to unintentionally repeat it.
>>
>>4119812
who are you quoting?
>>
>>4119829
OP here. I was responding to Garlic Salt's message, and advice about not getting banned.
>>
>>4119768
Faggot mods bans pretty much anyone they feel like it tbh
That makes their loser life better i guess 'MOD' in an indian web comic imageboard
>>
>>4119768
It means hotpocket man has pain in his anus
>>
>>4119812
You CAN do whatever you want. I'm just trying to give you advice that may be valuable. If one or two sentences are "enough" they probably aren't necessary at all. The response is probably obvious. While sometimes this isn't true, my guess is that at least 75% of all 1-2 sentence responses are completely meaningless or superfluous.
As for addressing the poster, the simple act of linking their post number in your response is evidence enough that you are "addressing" them. *IF* you spend the rest of your post examining the idea in discussion, and not any extraneous trappings of "ego" or "personality" in the dialogue, you will find yourself making better posts and having more meaningful exchanges. Again, I not a mod and *YOU* can do whatever the fuck you want, I'm just trying to give advice.

And of course I'm speaking of this all in the highly deluded and misinformed perception that the majority of people come to 4chan to actually have meaningful exchanges and not make scores of 1-2 sentence post responses where they can look down on other people in some vapid attempt to make themselves feel momentarily better, but there you have it.
>>
>>4119827
In all honesty it sounds like you got auto banned for just typing the word "Reddit" or some mod was just on auto pilot banning every post with the word "Reddit" in it and you are just an innocent casualty. If thats so, it sucks and its unfair but it happens from time to time. I would just avoid talking about Reddit altogether for a couple of weeks until this shitstork dies down.
>>
>>4119768
8 autists & 20 posts, & not 1 srs answer.
for shame, faggots. for shame.
basically, mods are cracking down on people saying 'hell o reddit', etc. you can confirm this by trying to post only 'back t o reddit' without the extra spaces. you will see that the system thinks your post is spam.
>>
>>4119849
see>>4119848
>>
>>4119849
>>4119853
see>>4119771
>>
>>4119853
my answer's still better and it took you a whole lot of boring babbling to reach that conclusion
>>
>>4119840
OP, again. Thanks for the advice.
As for short, or brief sentences that tends to be something I've desperately trained myself to do from experience on the web since it seems most people do not appreciate reading bulky paragraphs.
Summarizing is something I try my best to do as a usual practice in any and all exchanges as courtesy. Brief, and to the point seems best.

I believe I'm understanding some of what you're suggesting, but I'll have to re-read.
>>
>>4119859
*places an elegant crown upon your precious head*
you are the winner
>>
>>4119867
If you come across any bridges into consciousness-- no matter how fragile-- please alert "me" ASAP.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1600x990
>>4119833
>dubs
nice
>>
>>4119768
it's a highly collectible ban card.
>>
>>4119874
*sends Yuji a personalized telepathic message*
>>
>>4119876
>>4119879
>>4119880
some strange time dimension
>>
>>4119884
Teach me.
>>
>>4119867
Cool. Sorry for sounding accusatory or preachy, I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

And you're probably right. Most people on 4chan don't want to think too hard see this guy>>4119859 so if you're looking to please people (what most of these one or two sentence posters would categorize as "acting like reddit" ) then you're better off acting like those people and only posting one or two sentences.
>>
>>4119884
that's pretty dank, memeing so hard we disrupted the flow of time
>>
LITERALLY LE REDDIT
BACK TO LE REDDIT
REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT

HELLO LE REDDIT
WELCOME LE REDDIT
HOW ARE YOU LE REDDIT
HI LE REDDIT

REDDIT LITERALLY LE REDDIT REDDITORS
>>
File: cooter.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
cooter.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>4119899
check'd
>>
>>4119775
Pretty sure being rude to reedit is illegal on this board too
>>
>>4119768
the mod considers responding with "hello r*ddit" or "gb2 reddit" or whatever a form of shitposting, in that ur not actually adding to any discussion.
also >>>/qa/ ;p
in fact "hi r*ddit" gets flagged as spam
>>
>>4119887
OP, umpt time

I don't go to reddit (but seldom 2 to 3 times a year if that) so I don't know. I don't really like reddit at all to be honest. Based on what I've read others saying about reddit posters my impression was reddit users usually type lengthy long explanations. So my understanding of reddit users has been completely opposite of yours.

My impression was that reddit users use inflammatory memes, and shitposts (huge copy pastes) to make 4chan undesirable.
But regardless thanks. Just be nicer, seems to be what you're suggesting.
Unfortunately /tv/ seems to be a hellish place to discuss movies, or TV which is probably why I sound mean there. The reddit related comments get very confusing there for me.
>>
>>4119791
reddit
>>
>>4119908
hi lolo
>>
>>4119908
i sed this first u stupit hore wats it like being a solid 3 lol rekt
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.