[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>According to Gettier, there are certain circumstances in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: abe.jpg (26 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
abe.jpg
26 KB, 498x412
>According to Gettier, there are certain circumstances in which one does not have knowledge, even when all of the above conditions are met. Gettier proposed two thought experiments, which have come to be known as "Gettier cases," as counterexamples to the classical account of knowledge. One of the cases involves two men, Smith and Jones, who are awaiting the results of their applications for the same job. Each man has ten coins in his pocket. Smith has excellent reasons to believe that Jones will get the job and, furthermore, knows that Jones has ten coins in his pocket (he recently counted them). From this Smith infers, "the man who will get the job has ten coins in his pocket." However, Smith is unaware that he also has ten coins in his own pocket. Furthermore, Smith, not Jones, is going to get the job. While Smith has strong evidence to believe that Jones will get the job, he is wrong. Smith has a justified true belief that a man with ten coins in his pocket will get the job; however, according to Gettier, Smith does not know that a man with ten coins in his pocket will get the job, because Smith's belief is "...true by virtue of the number of coins in Jones's pocket, while Smith does not know how many coins are in Smith's pocket, and bases his belief...on a count of the coins in Jones's pocket, whom he falsely believes to be the man who will get the job." (see[7] p. 122.) These cases fail to be knowledge because the subject's belief is justified, but only happens to be true by virtue of luck. In other words, he made the correct choice (in this case predicting an outcome) for the wrong reasons. This example is similar to those often given when discussing belief and truth, wherein a person's belief of what will happen can coincidentally be correct without his or her having the actual knowledge to base it on

Conservicucks btfo.

Trump fags on suicide watch.
>>
buy another banner loser
>>
File: 1467445561652.png (73 KB, 812x726) Image search: [Google]
1467445561652.png
73 KB, 812x726
>>
>>4565531
Keep impersonating other name-figs because you are too much of a coward to stick to yours, Sparkles.
>>
File: 1467380137197.png (256 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
1467380137197.png
256 KB, 480x472
>>4565548

ur the yellow box im the blue worm lol
>>
File: 1467514345464.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1467514345464.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>4565526
>Trump fags on suicide watch
What
>>
What the fuck does this even have to do with politics, this is basic epistemology of reason.
That being said, I've always been skeptical toward this rigid division based on 'justified' and 'true' belief, and this example does well to prove some of its flaws.
>>
> I: Could you define the word paranoiac? Could you define it in more detail? S.D.: Uhhhh, is when uhhhhhhmpuh le name is uhhh 'Paranoiac Crrrrritical Method' because is one spontaneous method of knowledge based in the instantaneous association of delirious material. Everything appear in my life delirious, antagonistic, impossible, which together, my method, instantaneously create this miracle. It's two completely different kinds of imagination. One is the romantic imagination in your country is represent by the 1:(merilous?) painters of 2:(Raphaelite?) 3:(Bourganes?) 4:(Rosetti?), these people live in one dream but this dream is completely subjective, neurotic. Immediately, uhhhh, 5:(youse aware???) of this dream, this dream disappear, is no possible proof, that this dreams exist. In my case is absolutely of the contrary because my kind of imagination is the contrary of 6:(???), there's an inconsistency, 7:(?) one rock of piece country, is construed 8:(heavy?) material and classic is not romantic is completely classic for this is necessarily proven in one book, relationship between this classical Mediterranean landscape 9:(???) landscape of grace 10:(???) fantastic mythology in the Greek antiquity and my monstrosities, imagined monstrosities is the same kind of solid rock 11:(shed?)
>>
>>4565548
No, dude, sparkles totally left last night
I mean it would be totally pathetic if he kept coming back after saying he was leaving forever so many times
totally pathetic
>>
>>4565532
how can an anarchist qt be molested by something that can not logically exist. like anarchocapitalism?
ancaps on suicide watch
>>
>>4565699
>What does philosophy, more specifically the nature of knowledge, knowing and understanding as it pertains to the human condition, have to do with a branch of human activity whose main action is to move society forward based on a (presumptuous) state of knowing and understanding that which is important and relevant to the human condition

Uh, I don't know. Guess I screwed up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.