[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come across the tip every once in a while on /r/askreddit threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1465881060909809809.jpg (8 KB, 239x207) Image search: [Google]
1465881060909809809.jpg
8 KB, 239x207
I come across the tip every once in a while on /r/askreddit threads asking about life hacks: If you go to McDonald’s, ask for your fries with no salt. That way, they have to make a fresh batch, guaranteeing that your fries won’t be sitting around under the heat lamp, that each French fry you put in your mouth will be as made-to-order as possible.

Let’s talk about you. “No salt on those fries.” You know what you just did? You just added like five minutes to your wait time. Others are not ordering, even though you already ordered. Because you’re not moving. You’re just standing there. It doesn’t make sense, because fast food etiquette dictates that you order your food, you get it – here’s where the fast part of fast food comes in – and then you get off the line and leave.

But no, you had to make a special order, some sort of lame French fry tip you read on the Internet, and now you’re still just standing there at the register. People are starting to get annoyed, nobody knows what’s going on, that you’re waiting for some ridiculous side-item special request.

This is what you’re not getting by insisting on doing it yourself. It’s an immediate application of salt. They have a giant shaker, like it has its own giant handle. And that salt they use, it’s not your average table salt. It's super fine, it’s distributed evenly throughout the shaker’s broad opening, emitted in a briny cloud, perfectly and evenly coating every inch of those fries.

It’s all done right there, as it’s being shaken, one fluid motion just seconds out of the deep fryer. So you think about your fries, your super fresh, made-to-order fries. By the time you get them to wherever it is that you’re going to apply your own salt, those things have already cooled way down. Sure, it’s only been a minute or two, tops, but that’s all it takes. Guess what? Most of that salt is going to bounce off of the fries and land at the bottom of the bag.
>>
Fuck no-salt fry havin ass lunatics/sheep.
>>
>>4562255
dub dubs nice
>>
test
>>
>>4562255
real talk
>>
>>
>>4562255
You sound... salty!!!
>>
I always ask mcdouble no pickle extra onion so it fresh and I like onion I would like pickle better on a burger if they were diced like relish that way when u bite one u don't just drag out the whole thing with all the condiments and get a mouth full of pickle but that no how they do it so when I do get pickle burger I open it and eat the pickles first then eat the burger
>>
test
>>
I worked at McDonald's and people did this alot. Funny thing is, if you asked for fresh batch, we would just do that instead but people think they are being sly.
>>
>>4562255
>work
>smoke break
>good dubs
>55

Your fortune: Godly Luck
>>
Protip: Life Hack: I love poopgirl the most
>>
>>4562877
dubs

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン
>>
File: SALTY.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
SALTY.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>4562255
>>
ok. if i work at mcdominalds this is what i would do. when some of these dum dum order "hi i want fries no salt" and you see that dead pan expression hiding a little smirk then i would have a special french fryer in the back in a special room that is 1,500 degrees. I would use special fries that have a special coating that repels salt. Then i would take 20 minutes to make them and every so often pop out and smile and go real loud "WE ARE MAKING YOUR SPECIAL BATCH OF FRIES WITH NO SALT SIR, PLEASE BE PATIENT!" and say this several times so the whole restaurant knows this one guy is ordering them. Then, finally, I would put the fries in the bag with tongs and gloves and walk very slowly to the counter holding the bag out in front of me like a royal ring and i am the ring bearer for a special ceremony. I would kneel down on one knee and proclaim loudly "HERE ARE YOUR SPECIAL FRIES SIR, WITH NO SALT, JUST AS YOU HAVE REQUESTED, I TRUST THEY WILL SATISFY YOUR EXQUISITE TASTE IN FINE FOODS". Then i stand up, salute, and go into the back and wait. When he finally sits down and pours the salt packets directly into the bag the salt will bounce off the fries. Then when he jams his greasy, stubby little digits into the bag to get a handful of these fries (because by now he is hungry and mad) he will burn his fat hands. Then I will apologize very loudly and tell him i will call the head of McDonalds immediately. I will get the phone and pretend to dial and talk very loudly in a concerned voice and say "I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE PRESIDENT IMMEDIATELY, THE SALT FREE FRY PROCEDURE IS APPARENTLY NOT WORKING AND WE HAVE UPSET A VALUED CUSTOMER!" And just sit on the phone pretending to request help until he finally starts screaming and stomps out, threatening me. Then when he gets to the parking lot I will lean out the door and say "SIR YOU FORGOT YOUR FRIES". Then when he drives away I will record his license plate and call the cops and report a speeder and reckless driver.
>>
>>4562255
a lot of salt is bad for you
>>
>>4562930
good plan
>>
>>4562930
to much salt is rude
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.