[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people still use paper checks? I know some places still accept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1335475252-check.gif (21 KB, 530x271) Image search: [Google]
1335475252-check.gif
21 KB, 530x271
Do people still use paper checks? I know some places still accept checks and they'll check you off your list as having paid. Checks still seems like a somewhat obsolete system and people only pay bills and business expenses with checks. Older people would pay for groceries with checks, and even when I worked in high school at a restaurant we accepted checks. Only old people paid with checks though. It's easy to get away with checks fraud which might be why the new world order discourages people from paying with checks.
>>
>>4485222
good trips
I use checks to pay my rent and that's it.
>>
File: check.jpg (7 KB, 530x271) Image search: [Google]
check.jpg
7 KB, 530x271
Checked lol
>>
>>4485222
>the new world order
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>4485222
>>4485244
>>4485266
Serious repeating digits in this thread
>>
>>4485272
none for yew, sorry.
>>
i used a check to pay a plumber earlier this year because there wasn't any other way to pay him
>>
>>4485222
>>4485266
check these tbh
>>
>>4485222
I use em alot, usually as collateral for loans. I can't finance as much as a candy bar because of medical bills from 2012 fucking up my credit.

I bought my first vehicle last year from a guy and part of our agreement for me to make payments on it was to write him a check for each payment, they were $250 every two weeks, to a total of $1500 so there were 6 checks. Every other Friday I would bring him $250 and he would give me one of the checks back which I would tear up.

Apart from that, I use them at Amscot for cash advances when I need to. I'm currently in a cycle with them where I pay back and then borrow the next day but I have some side-work plus a possible bonus coming up which will bail me out of the cycle and hopefully I would get into it again. Their rate is that I pay back $1 for every $10. So if I get 200, I pay them back 221, which isn't very bad.
>>
>>4485222
Yes. Sometimes to pay for things if it's convenient. Occasionally I write a check for "cash" to withdraw from my bank if I run out of cash monies.
>>
>>4485681
And before anyone questions that; u can't ask the atm for $2 bills please.
>>
>>4485492
You could have sucked his pipe if you know what I mean.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3058x2415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3058x2415
>>4485222
Good triple.

I'm old and remember when it was
" Cash or Check?" not "Debit or Credit?"

It was fairly common practice to " post- date", write a check dated a few days ahead , say pay day, and ask the person to hold it till then.

Sometimes, they were dated
"Never, lol! " and you would have one written to you returned from the bank
" Account Closed."

Pretty obsolete, but not quite gone yet.
Had checking account for 20 years, just started using debit card/ATM last year.

Last week ATM machine ate my deposit and lost it * poof *. Took three days of exploratory surgery to digitally extract it.

>>4485626
Hi, Captain, from Sho ( Miami Cat Lady ). It was my understanding- tho I may be wrong- that medical bills are not a consideration in credit ratings bc it is not a "voluntary " expense / debt.

I have no credit either, cause I once had a joint checking account -don't be funny:^) -with someone who wrote those paper puppies a little too creatively.

pic not related
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.