[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you grow up and move beyond hedonism? I really want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1460745307721.png (427 KB, 385x644) Image search: [Google]
1460745307721.png
427 KB, 385x644
How do you grow up and move beyond hedonism?

I really want a career and to have value via to others through wealth, but it's hard to escape hedonism and the resulting self-loathing.

>inb4 religion
>>
>>4460058
are we talking about your mom's vaginal cavity again?
>>
File: le hostile fast mover.png (12 KB, 448x345) Image search: [Google]
le hostile fast mover.png
12 KB, 448x345
>>4460062
hey that's pretty cool. everybody told me though when i had a mustache i let it be too wide. do you have a grooming guide for them
>>
I know I'm hopeless if I'm not even told to flip my [s4s] interface
>>
>>4460058
war of art
>>
recognize the false consciousness and synthesize it with all your insecuritieies in a dialectical fashioon to create a new world order
>>
>>4460111
nice trips
>>
That's the secret, you don't
>>
>>4460123
Are you supposed to watch your hopes and dreams crumble while accepting your low status and worthlessness?
>>
>>4460148
yes, you must realize that hopes and dreams are meaningless ploys developed by the system to ensure your continued reliance on it. status and worth are subjective phenomenon created by humans. transcend this pitiful state of being and realize that it don't matter, none of this matters.
>>
File: 1464241397901.png (473 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1464241397901.png
473 KB, 600x800
>>4460471
forgot my pic
>>
>>4460485
>>4460471
underrated post(s)
>>
>>4460485
nice argument brah, which subreddit did you find that epic meme pic on
>>
>>4460494
/h/
>>
>>4460058
with the power of guilt
>>
All anime front page :DDD
>>
>>4460058
religion
read nietzesheze and become zealous atheist who wants to make a duperhuman
>>
Soon they will undertand. They will understand everything about the all anime front page.
>>
>>4460058
throw expensive parties itll be fun for everybody th-they said!
>>
>>4460471
Go away /r9k/
>>
>>4460529
My dream is to make anime real. Then I will be God.
>>
>>4460058
>How do you grow up
By not assuming to know the answer before you've arrived at it logically

>and move beyond hedonism?
If you don't know the path then you haven't yet reached your answer logically
>>
>>4460471
basicaly this tbhdesu
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 512x512
>>4460111
ナイナイナイスチュリプ!

You will only escape Hedonism once you find the one and only true pleasure, dubs.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 1354x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 1354x768
>>4460865
>>
wew been away for a while
wats up with le moving beyond hedonism meme
>>
>>4460880
Wew lad
8s now
>>
>>4460885
calm down ayano
>>
>>4460058
Tell me if you find out :|
>>
>>4461655
I'll tell you about those dubs
>>
>>4460058
To answer this question we must first answer why the hedonism is there in the first place. Speaking for myself, who too has this problem, it probably is the result of one single factor. This is that I hardly think ahead more than a week or so. As a result abandoning hedonism appears not really appealing as all I can see myself doing that is the work that lies ahead, but not its longterm benefits.
Now how can this be fixed? Motivational guides often propose to picture the benefits over and over in your head. Ask yourself what it is that you want from life and then how you will get there and as a result you should want to take that path.
I however found that to be rather ineffective as I was unable to answer either question sufficiently.
Another approach would be to ask why I don't think ahead in the first place. And I think it is mainly due to fear what the future might hold, which focuses especially on failing in life - Ironically this fear might just be the reason why itself becomes true.
So what do - it's a vicious cycle. In the end despite all the only way out is to man up. At some point this circumstance should annoy me sufficiently to a point where I might scrap together enough motivation to break out.
>>
page 11 save ave
>>
>>4460865
this. also um ... don't worry about it eventaully you'll get bored and come up with another meme and pls share further informations as situations develop kthx :^)

Your fortune: Bad Luck
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.