[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the lizard saying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1400646201333.jpg (3 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
1400646201333.jpg
3 KB, 126x122
what is the lizard saying?
>>
it's POcKEt MONster
>>
>>4458081
You're faggo
>>
>>4458081
>>4458091
>>4458095
why would he say that?
>>
>>4458081
>What anime is this?
>>
>>4458081

"The Warren Commission hid the facts"
>>
>>4458091
That's great, and all, but there's very clearly an ‘é’ in ‘Pokémon’. There's no ‘é’ in ‘pocket’, so the term simply cannot be a contraction of ‘Pocket Monster’. Please do not provide misleading information like this in the future.
>>
>>4458081
cock and also dick and balls
>>
"I can't communicate at a high level due to a defficient vocal apparatus particular to my species."
>>
>>4459229
that seems almost paradoxical
>>
File: ghost wolf pup.png (52 KB, 340x333) Image search: [Google]
ghost wolf pup.png
52 KB, 340x333
>>4459220
So I googled it and it seems the accent is there as a pronunciation guide, so that the 'é' is not silent as in 'poke', but it still is based on the idea of "pocket monsters", as can be checked in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Name

>>4459239
And yet it makes sense.
>>
File: 1458563630491.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458563630491.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>4459288
using Wikepedia for your sources
I shiggy donatello maymay
>>
>>4458081
my weanis beanis must licked cleanis!
>>
>>4459288
but nice dubs
>>
>>4459308
See, that's where you low-efforts fail epicly. See inside that section, see that [13]? If you click it you go directly to the source of that statement, namely a 2007 article explaining all of the naming shenanigans, and even a lawsuit that occurred over it!
http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6531

Wikipedia is a credible source as long as the article is equipped with all the needed references.
>>
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.