[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck even is rum raisin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: 1448567627992.jpg (31 KB, 436x428) Image search: [Google]
1448567627992.jpg
31 KB, 436x428
What the fuck even is rum raisin?
>>
>>4447697
I really loathe you fags. You know who you are. You post the same shit everyday, not even for the negative attention you crave - you do it because it's all you know.

You're not funny or interesting, so you just spam your waifu or your fetish..it really fucking bothers me this board could be what /b/ should've been but instead it's /trash/+ some irony.

Fuck you. I'm not mad in the slightest - and that is how deep my hatred of you is.
>>
>>4447698
delete this
>>
File: 1444501831327.png (641 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444501831327.png
641 KB, 1280x720
>>4447698
Okay.. but what is rum raisin?
Seriously guys
>>
>>4447700
>rum raisin
rum + raisins
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>4447697

If classic vanilla ice cream can be bested, it's only by iconic rum raisin. How the latter combination first came to prominence is anyone's guess, but it may have reached its apotheosis in the 1980s, when it became Haagen-Dazs's ultimate cult flavor. Anyway, the combination of rum and raisins has long elevated all kinds of desserts; you'll find them together in bread pudding and rice pudding, in dessert sauces, candies, and cakes. But when applied to a vanilla custard base, the flavors truly shine: a concentrated burst of dried fruit cut by the boozy kick of rum, all cushioned by creamy dairy. It's kid-friendly sweetness and grown-up complexity, all in one bite.
>>
File: rum raisin2.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
rum raisin2.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>4447715

Ingredients:

1 cup raisins
1 cup dark rum
3⁄4 cup sugar
6 egg yolks
2 cups milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
>>
File: rum raisin3.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
rum raisin3.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>4447717
Instructions:

Place raisins and rum in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until raisins soften and absorb rum, at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp. rum, and set raisins and rum aside.
Place sugar and yolks in a 4-qt. saucepan, and whisk until pale yellow and lightened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add milk, and stir until smooth. Place over medium heat, and cook, stirring often, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Pour through a fine strainer into a large bowl. Whisk in drained raisins along with reserved rum, cream, and vanilla; cover custard with plastic wrap, pressing it against the surface of the custard, and refrigerate until chilled.
Pour custard into an ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturer's instructions until churned and thick. Transfer to an airtight container, and seal. Freeze until set before serving, at least 4 hours.
>>
>>4447718
I can't find a qt pan, can i use an ugly one?
>>
ok NUMBER 1 i dnt eat dessrt n-e-more so if u culd pls REFRAIN 4rom desert postin that would b GOOD thnks!!!
NUMBER 2:::
rm raisn is coonfusin n not evn tht good like cmon
th best icecreams r as follows:
PISTACHOI
MINT CHOCO CHIP
STRABERRY
PUMPKIN

sry 2 b loud but its importnt u no this stuff so u dnt make EMBARRASING mistakes like ths thred again
>>
>>4447715
very nice and detailed response.
>>
>>4447949
I dont care who you are thats fuuuuunny
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 900x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 900x296
Is this girl cute?
>>
File: goodman.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
goodman.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>>4447697
The Goodman® GSX13

>R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
>Energy-efficient scroll compressor
>High-pressure switch
>Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
>ARI Certified
>>
>>4447718
>>4447717
>>4447715

rly great postin
>>
>>4447697
it's my cock in ur tight pussy
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.