[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to do a critical analysis of one of the most underrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1409428664009.png (16 KB, 211x197) Image search: [Google]
1409428664009.png
16 KB, 211x197
I wanted to do a critical analysis of one of the most underrated s4s memes, "Introducing" .
Why is it underrated? There is so much here to discuss, but let's go through the basics.

1. The Title:
The name of this meme is "Introducing" . This serves two purposes. On the surface, it suggests that the meme is being presented as something new.
The second purpose of the title is meta. Because the title of the meme itself is "Introducing", we are constantly subjected to an introduction every time it is posted. Yet with repetition, we are left wondering, "Have we been introduced yet? What is this asshole waiting for? Is THIS the meme that is being introduced?" But the meta part here is that the title is a satire of the way in which people present their new memes. It is as if, by saying that we "introduce" memes, we are thus showing them off, or something along those lines. But memes are special because of their repetition, and no one really remembers where they begin. Something memorable doesn't need a fancy introduction, it merely needs to be served straight up, over and over again like we're dogs waiting for our lamb and beef. The "Introducing" meme makes this point clear, while also poking fun at the people who think good memes need introduction.

2: The Image
Once again, there is a dual purpose here. Yes, it is a monkey who appears to be saying "introducing" as we might read from the shape of his/her lips.
However, there is also some doubt as to whether or not this is really the case. Monkeys cannot talk. So is the monkey the meme? Is someone introducing the monkey, rather than it being the monkey introducing someone/thing else? There is no clear answer here.

3. The Message
Ultimately, the message is unclear. And Introducing proves that this is just AOk. It proves that meme-making is at its heart a simple endeavor, and we should all just have fun with it, rather than try to create the next big thing.

I might provide some more thoughts on this later.
>>
>>4019891
Interesting Points You Made, Yuji.
Truly An Intellectual's Meme For It's Meta Humor And Subtle Quirks.
>>
>>4019891
dude..................do you have ANY idea how hard i lold.................................................................
>>
File: soda-originstory.png (410 KB, 695x702) Image search: [Google]
soda-originstory.png
410 KB, 695x702
upon scrutinous perusal of the resources available, the origins and intentions of this meme became clear to me not more than a month ago. the answer lies in the first-ever three (3) appearances of this indelible s4s icon. the process is here for all to see. clearly, soda is the name given to this monkey by its creator, and he wishes to introduce him to you. the simple disconnect between filename and comment text was enough to perplex any and everyone. a simple colon and a space could have served to de-obfuscate the intention. but alas, such an amendment was never made to the original formula. also see breakthrough posts numbered 3379418 & 3379453 granted that one or both may be imposters we can never be quite certain although they and their respective contexts do reveal a bit more about the reasoning behind this seeming unreasonable meme
>>
bump

Your fortune: Excellent Luck
>>
shit ass meme
>>
Did you know that, on the "Sh*t 4chan Says" board of imageboard website 4chan, this is called a "thread?"

Your fortune: キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.