[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the absurd a dogma? Is being hopeless all the time even possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: Albert-Camus-.jpg (106 KB, 900x613) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus-.jpg
106 KB, 900x613
Is the absurd a dogma? Is being hopeless all the time even possible?
>>
I do think so, at least it seems obvious that the human condition is indeed the greatest example of absurdity. Neither do I think it's that bad of a thing either, Camus has a pretty good point in saying that, as long as you're capable of embracing the absurd, you will be free from the constant struggle of searching for inherent values.
>>
>>3983178
Thanks for your answer.

Do you think there is any link between Camus' concept of absurd and depersonalization?
>>
>>3983205
Well, Camus does use depersonalisation as a recurring theme in his works, but to be honest, I'm not seeing how it could intrinsically correlate with his concept of the absurd. I presume you're getting into the mind-body problem here?
>>
>>3983239
you're mom is getting into the mind-body problem here
>>
total absurdity is what suits me best
>>
>>3983239
I suppose. I just finished reading The Myth of Sisyphus this Saturday. I liked it, but I didn't really get the "rebellion and passion" part of the absurd. The one thing that puzzles me is, how is the absurd supposed to be an opposite for nihilism? The only difference I can point is regarding the person activity on its environment, where the absurdist says "why now" and the nihilist "why bother". But for me they seem virtually the same.
>>
>>3983312
Perhaps, but when we take the time to study the ideas of the self and those near, perhaps a better question would be why nihilism as a construct continues its prevalence, at least in the microcosms of pocket communities. The ideals of a loner in total isolation, you might even consider, would result in a self-fulfilling prophecy. Being alone. Perhaps being absurd is a nihilistic view of what it means to be sociable, as it must be absurd to associate with figures that don't "matter".

Après moi, le déluge.
>>
cum us was a mistake
>>
>>3983810
Time to associate with these dubs.

"Dubs sure matter" -A. Camus
>>
File: 1429558128942.jpg (46 KB, 630x475) Image search: [Google]
1429558128942.jpg
46 KB, 630x475
>>3982947

Your fortune: Good Luck
>>
>>3983833
nice dubs!!
check these btw ty
>>
File: rip.jpg (15 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
15 KB, 277x182
rip
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>3982947
Hopelessness is not something you can wear on your sleeve but it can show through from time to time. It comes from within and is almost certainly something you put inside yourself, possibly by continuing on a path you know isn't right for you but tuning out or overturning that subconscious wrong way emotion to continue in a daily daze of numbness might of brought you to this breaking point.
three meals a day get some exercise wash your bed sheets and shower. Sleep during the night and wake tomorrow and say to yourself "I'm going through some hard times right now but I will look back and remember the strength I had today, things will get better"

This time of year is always stressful but light comes after winter
>>
>>3983844
>might of

anon, I'm disappointed
>>
>>3983847
someone knock my door, but that's no excuse tbf (to be frank)
>>
File: 1442955266387.gif (109 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
1442955266387.gif
109 KB, 728x426
>>3982947
Being hopeless can be a way to release yourself from the preassure and stakes of life, and therefore makes you feel better and feel more free.
>>
>>3983854
>why don't you cry, you will feel better after

Tumblr
The Post
>>
>>3983927

Projecting
The Post
>>
>>3983952

Posting
The Project
>>
>>3983959

Posting
The Post
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 540x540
web Cam Us

Your fortune: Good news will come to you by mail
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.