[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone hate memes as much as i do? i know i sound like a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 214x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 214x204
Does anyone hate memes as much as i do? i know i sound like a bitter old man, but sure i use to do it but got over it after a year or so, it was that you dun goofd that made me say fuck it leave /b/, when chan culture became public in 2011 i could understand as it was all new to many, but it just seems to be getting progressively worse over time, i remember seeing the first rekt thread on here, i thought nothing of it, until i saw youtube comments with rekt, i then realized some kid who still lurks /b came here and said it, doesn't matter if it was slightly funny at first like doge, or not funny whatsoever like ayy lmao or the newest one, dank memes.. it just gets overused to the shit, even the term meme has been raped, i just can't get my head around it, like these generic terms like lel, top kek or le instead of the, are these kids seeing this shit and thinking, well everyone else is saying it, therefor i must also say it to fit in? or saying it just to be ironic (i don't get this whole saying shit just to be ironic thing) i had to explain to my brother that a meme has to be a well known picture, not just any random picture with text and tell him meme history as even though it hasn't been long, nobody seems to remember trollface was called coolface, and he had never even seen the original 4 panel fuuu guy comics, just those redtit ripoffs..
>>
File: MossCost.jpg (529 KB, 1604x848) Image search: [Google]
MossCost.jpg
529 KB, 1604x848
when the first few drops of food color enter the clear glass cup, it looks brilliant

as more are added, other colors are added, it begins to jumble together and lose the beauty of being new

is not memory of the original beauty enough to smile despite whatever it looks like now?
>>
You can't even mention you hate memes without a million of dumb arse kids thinking ohhhh im gonna type lel 8/8 gr8 h8 m8, others replying top kek rekt, i don't even fucking understand what kek or lel is, or why they put top in front of it, what is it suppose to be like the new lulz? i don't know why they say it, like they somehow thing saying it will make me mad, when im just laughing at how pathetic it is, ill give you one example when i attempted to delve into the psyche of one of these people, i replied to someone saying damn, all this lel you mad bullshit is pathetic and old, go learn some decent insults, he replies with u med Lel its k cause I dox u Lel u mad faget? and of course people are like ohh man you rekt him so hard, he actually replies to the guy with tnx m8, someone else says wow you keked the shit out of him, and said hey m8 fuk u to me, the kid replies with dinner at my place guys lel the food is my mums pussy lol guys IMA savage, i just said holy shit, learn to troll, seriously, insulting mums is like the lowest and most unoriginal form of insults, then he replies with this... suck me cock cunt, now i figured it was just some guy posting the most unoriginal shit just to piss me off, but just the fact he said cunt i knew it really was some kid, im aware that yanks tend to say cunt because there its viewed as worse then fuck, someone else replies with me 0, kid 1 and the kid replies again with thx m8 when he was clearly being sarcastic, i reply with well shit, calling me a cunt? now you are just grasping at straws, do the world a favor and take a long walk off a short cliff you pathetic 12 year old yank
>>
>>3914731
>redtit
Your not gonna trick me bird poster. BANTI
>>
>>3914731
>>3914738
i am not reading these unformatted posts
>>
It makes me wonder where this meme/facebook generation is heading, will they grow out of it? what about all these people in their 20s who only discovered this shit because of facebook or redtit or whatever, will they move on? i was watching this series on youtube called deep web exploration and im not kidding you, the guy actually says memes seriously, even calls aliens "ayy lmaos", the thing that really scares me is if i happen to see someone wearing a fedora, meme t-shirt, a brony or hear someone actually say like top kek in real life, i dunno if im just gonna laugh at them or see them on the wrong day and start punching them and not be able to stop...
>>
I wish our species were still living under the survival of the fittest. The rampant idiocy of our current societies is directly related to the ability of people to be dumb fucking idiots and still survive off the labor of others.

"Internet culture," is a great example of what's wrong with our species. Here we have an information super highway, hundreds of millions of individuals connecting ideas instantaneously, and yet the majority would still prefer to use it as a means to regurgitate poor humor and destructive social tendencies. It's so easy to be stupid. It's so easy to give time and effort towards fruitless ends.

Facebook is another good example of what's wrong with our species. The entire purpose of Facebook is to expand a self image. Uniquity doesn't play a very big role in thought processes these days. Everybody wants to fit in and be accepted, but instead they come out psychotic and schizoid because they spend all of their time circlejerking for social acceptance using washed up phrases that they learned on the internet.

I'm not going to say that the majority of human beings weren't idiots, but today idiocy is celebrated in large numbers. The internet could be the greatest tool ever invented by our species, but it's being misused. It's used for the ego, and used to spread meaningless ideology.
>>
File: i'm disappointed.jpg (40 KB, 569x548) Image search: [Google]
i'm disappointed.jpg
40 KB, 569x548
>>3914731
>redtit
you mean "reddit", idiot
>>
I hate memes that get exposed to Facebook.
But I can always rely on /b/ to make a new one
>>
>>3914758
I see the userbase of this board has changed
>>
There are three levels to understanding the memes.

1) Memes are funny so you laugh at them and repost them to take part in the still-young internet culture.

2) Memes are tiring and boring because they're humor at the lowest level and feature little creativity.

3) Memes are the essence of what separates us from the rest of the species on this planet; they are to culture what genes are to our biological selves. By disseminating our memes, we become "father" to humanity. So we should embrace the memes and be one with the memes. /s4s/ as a communal entity, whether it is aware of it or not, is the first great community of stream-of-consciousness at the center of the memeverse, and has become One with the Meme.

Embrace the meme. Surrender to it, and find your freedom.
>>
File: benis tower.png (23 KB, 400x702) Image search: [Google]
benis tower.png
23 KB, 400x702
>>3914863
benis
>>
no dubs in the entire thread
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.