[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: trash.png (47 KB, 1570x322) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
47 KB, 1570x322
>>
>>3893291
le test
>>
>>3893291
smh i cant namefig

but i saw new mot with a namefig so that means that feature was disabled earlier or something
>>
>tfw /trash/ > /s4s/
>>
File: cec.png (26 KB, 771x686) Image search: [Google]
cec.png
26 KB, 771x686
>>3893291
tbh lad
>>
>>3893626
The "thing" about /trash/ is that it's showing off the new feature of moving threads. Earlier today, a thread was moved from [s4s] to /trash/ as a demo of this. It's possible that you saw that thread, and saw new mot's post moved along with that thread, in which it probably would have kept the name attribute.
>>
>>3893959
How exactly does it handle the post numbers when it moves a thread there?
>>
>>3893995
From what I've seen, the act of moving just allocates a bunch of new post numbers, then substitutes everything in as appropriate, although it keeps the timestamps the same. So in a moved thread, all the post numbers will be sequential.

Moreover, it does correct replacement in quoted post numbers, so that the replies will be coherent.
>>
>>3894011
Hmmm... I wonder what will happen to moved threads on the archives... sounds like it will be counted like a 404 and so it will not get the rest after the move archived.
>>
>>3894128
It depends. If you mean the unofficial archives, they're just treating the thread as 404'ing on the original board and being spontaneously recreated (albeit with odd timestamps) on the target board. On the official archives, similar behavior is happening: the thread shows up on the original board's archive just fine.
>>
>>3894143
For reference, here's the move I observed that I've been using for reference:

Starts on >>>/a/133221545 , is then moved to >>>/jp/14324841 . Is then accidentally duplicated at >>>/jp/14325029 , which is quietly deleted a few seconds later.
>>
>>3894011
Doesn't that mean some post number will be skipped? Unless it assigns and re-allocates as new posts are made, it would probably have to reserve something like 300 (or whatever the bump limit is) for each thread. It really seems very complex, this can't be something they just added overnight.
>>
>>3894156
Not really. At the moment that the mod presses the "move" button, there are N posts in the thread to be moved. It would just immediately allocate N post numbers on the target board.

It certainly would be complicated, though. It's been asked for a few times in the past, and I'm honestly surprised that they bothered doing it. Perhaps the code leak a while back prompted them to do a full overhaul of the backend, and in doing so they planned ahead for this.
>>
>>3894185
Actually, on thinking of it more I'm not terribly surprised. Over in Glorious Nippon-Land, they have a place called /vip/. If you funpost too hard over there, you're banned from every board but /vip/ for a while. The unbanned can interact with /vip/ normally, of course. Mootwo might be intending to ultimately allow a moderation style of "This thread is shit, everyone posting in this thread is shit - let's just quarantine them to /trash/ for a few days." Then those posters can still continue their funposting, but without bothering anyone on the board they started at.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.