[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First off, I apologize if this doesn't exactly belong on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: actual_redditor.jpg (39 KB, 558x419) Image search: [Google]
actual_redditor.jpg
39 KB, 558x419
First off, I apologize if this doesn't exactly belong on this subreddit.
I was thinking about getting a Wii U this year, and Target/Walmart had a deal with Smash Bros and Splatoon. I was going to go with that deal, but I found on another subreddit that this startup company called joinem were selling Wii U bundles cheaper through their 30% off promotion on their website wepowershop. I made my order and the total came out to about $189 for a Wii U Deluxe with Nintendo Land and Super Mario 3D World. Not exactly Smash and Splatoon but I reasoned that I could get those separately during Black Friday sales and come out on top.
Days pass and my order status is still "Processing", so I ticket for clarification. Since I live in Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory, orders usually take a little longer but otherwise arrive just fine, we use the same currency and have the same postal service. Would I get confirmation? What carrier would they be using? I read about some fellow reddit users just finding their package at home one day, so wondered if the same would happen to me. The rep gets back to me a day or so later telling me this:
"I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this. Due to a system error it appears that during our GET50 special international shipping had been enabled for some countries.
Unfortunately, we are only able to ship within the continental United States.
As such, all international orders had to be canceled as we cannot fulfill them.
I do greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let me know if you need any additional information." (CONTD)
>>
dude do you have ANY idea how hard i lold................................
>>
(CONTD)
Surprised with the answer, I inquired further about it. They had screwed up, sure, but my information had been submitted, card used, funds on hold. I gave alternatives: "We use the same common carriers, we're a territory, shipping is not an issue, I can pay the difference, and, failing that, you can just change the shipping address to a family member in the continental US, and that would work fine."
I waited the amount of time it usually takes to get an answer, and then waiting a little longer, thinking the Black Friday sales would have them swamped. I found out last night that my ticket had received no answer, and had simply been marked as "Solved". What. So I immediately posted again to re-open it. They'd messed up with their system, but I wasn't being unreasonable, and gave very real solutions. Perhaps it was a glitch. Instead today I find this:
"[NAME],
I do greatly apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but as previously stated we cannot ship outside of the continental United States. Our fulfillment centers are unable to do so and there is nothing I can do to force that to happen. Unfortunately the orders are cancelled when reviewed by others and there is nothing I can do to process these as they have already been cancelled."
Obviously I was not happy about this. And the kicker was that my Wii U order was still penned as "Processing" until this helpdesk rep posted. It was manually Cancelled. They screwed up, ignored my suggestions to fix the issue smoothly, and, after I replied back one last time, they once again just ignored me and re-marked the issue as resolved.
I apologize but...isn't this absolute bullshit? This seemed very unprofessional, and their TOS never states that shipping is ONLY to the continental U.S. (which I suggested a shipping address change for), just "Shipping and handling within the continental U.S. is free for all orders $50. (CONTD)
>>
Any order of $50 or lower will be charged a $5 flat shipping and handling fee. " Is there something I'm missing here reddit? And...is there anything I can do?
>>
File: reddit gold.png (177 KB, 301x249) Image search: [Google]
reddit gold.png
177 KB, 301x249
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.