[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torrenting Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: tuition blows in america.jpg (75 KB, 578x420) Image search: [Google]
tuition blows in america.jpg
75 KB, 578x420
1. Does anyone have an idea of what will happen to torrents in the future?
2. Where can I find updates on torrent websites? (Preferably ones that aren't some journalist including his opinion on the subject matter)
3. One of my sources said that uTorrent is the worst of all torrent clients. Which one do you use/prefer?
4. Do you take any safety precautions when torrenting?

I'm planning to download thousands of dollars worth of software and I hope this software will keep me afloat for the next 5-10 years of my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>14082752
1. Nobody can tell the future (that I know of).
2. You can find updates on the torrent sites. Places get shut down without any notice.
3. uTorrent is just fine for doing what it is intended to do. I am not an advanced torrenter so don't just take my word as law.
4. Yes I do. I have use of a VPN with the cost of something else that I already pay for.
If you live in the US then you have a measure of protection by your ISP. They don't give out the personal information of their users but they do notify you that your IP address was one in a block of IP numbers that were tracked by a company that was monitoring the illegal download of their software or movie. Yes, the letter can be a bit scary to get in the mail & they do warn you that their protection can only go so far. They warn you that if you are caught as a habitual offender they MAY be pressured to break their silence & no longer stand behind you. There are other slower methods for finding everything you want such as file share sites (upload to, rapid gator). If you are so inclined, you could always pay for a month of premium access to one of these sites but always check out your links before you do because a place may post links to what you need but you might be too late to grab it. These companies report the illegal upload of their property to these sites & they are forced to remove the offending files from their servers. The good news is that they do not track who has downloaded what, they do however track who has uploaded the offending material & they may simply cancel that persons account.
>>
>>14082834
Thank you for this important information.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.