[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /r/ I dont know if this belongs here, but this is a request
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Okay /r/
I dont know if this belongs here, but this is a request of despair
A few months ago I bought an imac from a friend of mine for a pretty acceptable amount of money.
Since I absolutely dislike apple software for its weird surface I decidet to bootcamp the shit out of it and I continued using windows on it from the first day on for about 6 months now.

Now the problem. a few weeks ago things started to get weird.
Every now and then the mac decidet to just switch itself off. Thats it. No blue/white screen, no error display even after restarting the device it wont mention any issues, it is like someone is just pulling out the plug.

This happens from once a week up to 3-5 times in only 6 hours.
I have searched the web, asked in a bunch of forums and even went to apple support, but they just told me that if i dont have a guarantee (which has ran out lately) I would have to pay (a lot) for any kind of support.

The things i was able to find out are:
-a lot of people share the very same problem
-it appears to happen to factory new systems and systems that have been in use for a time (my case)
-no fix yet
-apple plays deaf for any support requests threatening this problem, unless you have guarantee on it and you send it in
-if they send it in, they would have their RAM or Harddrive replaced
-for some people it fixed the problem
-others keep complaining about the very same issue even after replacement of both components

-there are 2 fractions concerning about the problem.
1: It is Hardware related
2: It is Software related

>cont
>>
Well and this is where my wisdom ends.

I completely deleted all data and OS from my Harddrive and reinstalled diffrent versions of both mac OS and Windows (only 64bit versions possible because Bootcamp bitches about it) 7 and 10

I already try to work with the Mac OS where the issue didnt happen yet, but my performance is very bad under mac OS
It is like, when i am ingame, even with high fps the whole thing is stuttering and feels unfluid.
Also there is some very weird mouse acceleration i cant disable, no matter what i try.

Info about my System: late 2013 mac

If this is wrong here redirect me to any other board

I am grateful for any advice and help you guys can give me /r/
>>
If you have tried to delete all your data and reinstalled your OS it shouldn't be software related.
So now you need to figure out what part of your hardware that's broken. I don't know if you can change parts in it yourself, but that would be the solution.
>>
>>14051336
I basicly can replace all relevant pieces of hardware.
The thing is that now there is the cost factor.
If i would know that i had to replace the GPU i wouldnt bother to buy a new one, but i cant afford to replace all my hardware.

Yet i have not heard of a method to make out the issuing hardwarepart
>>
You can try to take it to a hardware store and see if they want to do it, although that would cost you a service fee, and the price of what they put in it.
Otherwise google is your best bet to find out what is broken.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.