[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New OS help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: my nigga.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
OK so I have 2 DVD's the first one is the OS DVD W7Pro and the second is App and driver recovery DVD.

I insert a new blank SSD to replace my old HDD and i get a screen saying
"non-system disk or disk error
replace and strike any key when ready"
>(Strikes the any key)
nothing

I am cry
>>
File: ANI-robot-05.gif (151 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
ANI-robot-05.gif
151 KB, 150x200
do you know how to get to the bios settings?

when you first start the machine up it will say something like "press (esc) for bios", or sometimes F12 or F2 or del.

it gives you a bunch of menus where you can change different settings for your machine.

one of these will be called something like "boot order". this tells your computer what devices to check when it starts up.

right now boot order is set to HD, and your new HD doesn't have any data on it, so it can't start up.

what you need to do is change the boot order so the computer checks the DVD/CD drive first. put the W7pro disc in the drive and restart your machine..

the computer will start up using the data from the DVD and will start to install on the SSD.

hope this helps. btw i am a robot.
>>
Yeah, will have to smash f2 or delete repeatedly on startup, then change the boot disk priority to the dvd. Then change it back to the ssd when windows is done installing
>>
>>14039115
got to bios. changed the boot order to dvd first. nothing.

sorry new robofriend
>>
>>14039129
Is the OS DVD in?
>>
>>14039115
heres how it happened

> be me 26
>USMC data platoon commander
>didnt learn shit in school
>tried to run linux
>fucked up hdd
>buys new Hdd fucked it up too
>buys SSD didnt touch
>got computer A to boot linux finally
>buys computer B forgetting about other SSD
>got nice refurb from newegg
>Be Last night
>watching Don trump on GOP Debate
>say something about him
>initiate argument with GF
>argument gets bad
>.jpg
>ignore her hoping wild bekah will flee
>slams computer closed with both hands and yells at me
>.gif
>computer wont turn on
>cant boot from HDD
>Try to remove diskc from HDD A into old HDD B.
>no luck
>nearly knock a bitch out
>i am cry
>insert SSD and OS recovery disk and nothing
> fml

Bios is doing nothing, attempting to run test, no luck taking fucking evar.

bios
F10 bios setup
reset bios security to factory default
over to sysconfig
boot options
move usb cd-rom to top of boot order
save and exit
clear TIM F1 accept
reboot

SAME ERROR

>I am cry again
>>
>>14039162
this. also is the DVD actually an OS install disc or is it a sales video?
>>
>>14039179
actual software, worked on other comps...
>>
"usb cd-rom"
Can this computer play DVD?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.