[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r/, I'm having some trouble here and I mistakenly went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: running.png (10 KB, 257x346) Image search: [Google]
running.png
10 KB, 257x346
/r/, I'm having some trouble here and I mistakenly went to /g/ first (my bad) and hope this is the right place

I just built a computer from scratch and am truly in love with my build. The only problem I have is that whenever I try to launch a game from steam, all I get is >pic related. There is no separate window that opens, there's no crash: just nothing happens.

Does anyone know why this is? Am I retarded and just didn't install the right drivers that I need to for a fresh computer?
>>
>>14015736
Is it running? Can you find the games process in the Task Manager?
>>
>>14015742
I found the process running in the task manager, but there is no window at all for the game itself. The weird thing is that MGSV has the same problem, but TF2 runs fine
>>
>>14015745
Drivers and OS up to date? WIN10?
>>
>>14015757
OS (Windows 7) is completely up to date, and I don't know what drivers I could be missing. I double checked to see that I had my GPU driver, PhysX, and DirectX installed

For some reason, Rust starts running when I run it in DirectX 9 mode, but it crashes shortly after. Could my DirectX be corrupted?
>>
>>14015761
Not missing drivers. Are the ones you use up to date? like all of them. (most importantly graphics)

You could try uninstalling DirectX. Also check games cache integrity
>>
>>14015781
I checked the integrity, and it said one file failed to validate and will be reacquired. After that, it still does not work.

I made sure my graphics card driver and physx were up to date
>>
File: fuck.png (35 KB, 742x540) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
35 KB, 742x540
>>14015781
So I ran dxdiag and switched to x64, and it crashed. I reopened it and this happened. Could this be the problem?
>>
>>14015812
That is very likely. Try installing directx again.
>>
>>14015824
So I tried reinstalling it, but it just said that I had a newer / up to date DirectX

so I ran the System File Checker, and it said that a corrupted file was found but could not be fixed, so I tried to go to my CBS log but it says access is denied.
>>
did you run steam check?

google: can-I-run/?valve/steam

it will tell you what's missing
>>
>>14015831
Maybe try a fresh install of win7. Fixing problems with directx is a pest.
>>
>>14015831
Try uninstalling all Graphics Driver Components and then reinstalling them. Could be a Problem with the driver not allowing direct3d access in certain instances.
>>
>>14015854
>>14015843
neither of these worked, unfortunately

>>14015846
Could I do a repair install, or should I just reinstall altogether?

Also, I'm hoping to avoid either of these at all costs.
>>
>>14015876
is it a legit win7 or is it a bastardized version from a chinese torrent?
>>
>>14015924
This is a cracked version that my friend uses, and he does not have this problem
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.