[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, my little bother accidentally drop my laptop to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Hey guys, my little bother accidentally drop my laptop to the floor, I checked it and it looked fine, except for a little detail, the Touchscreen no longer works and it's driver is not shown in the Device Manager. any ideas?
It is a Dell Inspiron 3421 with Windows 8.1
>>
Sounds like you're gonna have to replace it.
You can always call up a geek squad techie and get 2nd opinion.
>>
>>14014731
but what do you think was the problem? damage in the monitor as a whole? cuz the monitor do not show any kind of physical problem.
>>
try dropping it on the ground again to see if it fixes the problem if that doesn't work try throwing it out a window (geek squad techie here)
>>
>>14014745
How did it fall? Was it open/closed? Fall on the back or flat down?
Ypu probably knocked something loose and it needs to be resoldered back on. Orr. Possibly needs a reboot. Is there an obvious crack or change in the look of the screen? Could possibly be a shift in the touchscreen display if it hit hard enough.
>>
>>14014757
I was working with it on my studio, with the charger on, my brother just wanted to see what I was doing and accidentally sliped with the wire.
The laptop falled on it's side then on the back of the screen, turning itself off.
I opened it and everything seemed fine. Then I turned it on, everything was fine until I tried to use the touchscreen.
The image it's fine, nothing funky about it.
>>
>>14014777
Nice trips.

Yeah it definitely sounds like you shifted the screen. If there's a warranty on it I'd def cash in on it asap or talk to your parent(s) and see if they can take it to a repair shop.
My bros pop was a pro at that shit and charged fairly decent prices. Just look around your local area.
If not, well you can use the mouse and keyboard right?
>>
>>14014668
Just to be safe I'd go through the device manager and check under Human Interface Devices to see if everything is enabled.
>>
File: touch-screen-glass-panel.jpg (9 KB, 300x272) Image search: [Google]
touch-screen-glass-panel.jpg
9 KB, 300x272
the touchscreen is the part in front of the display screen. it's fragile, they break all the time.
you don't need to replace the display if it is still working, just replace the touchscreen.

there is a small chance that something disconnected when it was dropped. if so you can just re-attach the loose connector
>>
>>14014794
Well I buyed this lap one year ago, so the warranty already expired.
>>
>>14014808
I'm going to open the monitor later tonight and see if there is any problem there, I feel like an idiot for not having check it.
>>
>>14014809
Pro Tip: see if the same model is still sold in your local stores, back up hard-drive, delete everything, swap laptops, return broken one keep new one = profit
>>
>>14014809
>the warranty already expired.

my monitor shit 15 months after i bought it
i called to find an authorized repair center and was surprised when they told me I had a 3 year warranty. they sent me a new one, with instructions to send the old one back, and they even provided a shipping label with prepaid postage.
>>
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/vn/solutions/limited-hardware-warranties
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.