[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have the edited version of this picture with us measurements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Does anyone have the edited version of this picture with us measurements as a middle finger and rest of the world as hannukah candles?
>>
>>13981050
I have always had issue with the last part.
Month = Maximum number of 12
Day = Maximum number of 31
Year = Infinite
So that little triangle is just bullshit.
>>
>>13981079
From the most variable info : day,month and finally year. Year/Month/day would also be locial in the other way.
>>
>>13981108
Fair point.
>>
>>13981079
It's ordered by length, not by maxima.
For instance, for the time, it is "hh:mm:ss".
Wouldn't that be weird to use "hh:ss:mm"?
>>
>>13981108
>the most variable info

the most relevant data should be presented first, not the most random.

"A large, shiny, blue, Kenworth, 18 wheeler truck, going very fast, is about to hit you, look out!!!!" kinda defeats the purpose of communication.

Almost every language on the planet recognize, and observe this imperative. Except for English who insist on using descriptive modifiers prior to the relevant nouns or verbs.

The important message you're trying to convey should utter instantly.

Saying "Look out!" will distract the person from observing their surroundings and get them to focus on the speaker who at this moment should be pointing at the "danger" which in this case is a truck, that is moving towards them, and happens to be shiny, and blue. Now the nonverbal communication kicks in seeing the finger pointing at the truck, the person can focus their attention on the truck, just in time to get that horrified look on their face before impact.

We all agree that in the instant cause, the year is least relevant, as most people already know what year it is presently when the message is being conveyed.
So which is most important month, or day.
Once again we can assume that most people are aware what month it is currently. One could even say "party at my house on the 13th"
and the listener could fill in the blanks themselves, hence they are not only less relevant, but irrelevant most of the time.

Thus I am inclined to side with the world on this one, rather than America. 27/11/2015
>>
The metric system is still in it's infancy, and has a long way to go before it is ready to be implemented universally.

Whereas an inch will always be an inch, and an ounce will always be an ounce, the American system is reliable. While on the other hand, the metric system is based on the "Meter" TM, which is variable, regulated by the crown, and wholly unreliable for "fair trade" purposes.

Granted, the metric system is far better than previous Europen systems of measure, such as the cubit, or the infamous "stone".
It was wise for Europeans to adopt the metric system as an improvement over what they had, but the same cannot be said about America.

One day they will work out the bugs in the metric system, removing the queen's finger from the pie, and it will be better for everyone, but it is not this day.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (48 KB, 350x461) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
48 KB, 350x461
>>13981237
>>
I will just claim ignorance on this one.
I am too fucking old to learn something new & forget the old.
>>
>>13981295
>I will just claim ignorance on this one.

Ignorance is the absence of knowledge, not one's capacity to learn.

For example I am ignorant when it comes to Malaysian culture, regardless of my many PhDs.

Having learned one system, you cannot claim ignorance. Preference or reluctance are more fitting.
>>
>>13981377
>my many PhDs
>4chan
Something just doesn't click here.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.