[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winrar protected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: WinRAR-icon.png (78 KB, 401x313) Image search: [Google]
WinRAR-icon.png
78 KB, 401x313
Dear /r/ i have a question,

i am having a rar i ripped of some guys computer. The file is password protected. I really want to extract the data on the file but as i may guess... i dont have the password. Lately i am trying to crack it with passware kit forensic 13.5 but no results so far... the prog ran for like 20 hours by now. i allrdy tried passwords the guy could use but it didnt work out.

my question is. is there any different way to bypass the password or something? so far the internet told me "no, but use by funny programm".
An alternative would be to search the comp of that guy... which i did! no results there.
does winrar somehow log passwords anywhere?

open for any suggestion here.
>>
>is there any different way to bypass the password or something?
no. bruteforcing will probably take years.
>>
>>13971425
depends on the strength of the password really. it can take decades or centuries and op will probably die before he finds the password.
>>
>>13971437
well i could search trough that guys comp once more... but it ll take a while until i have access to it again... is there any winrar log?
>>
no, just bruteforce. unless the file isover 15 years old, cryptographic attacks are not viable. zip was weak for a long time, but rar was pretty good even early on.

no logs that i know of unless the guy noted the pass somewhere deliberately (but pros don't do that and noobs put it on a post-it beside the screen - so you probably won't find it among the files). just bruteforce your way through. if you know any details about his passwords (topic, structure, etc) - masking and dictionary attacks can vastly improve speed (especially if you can safely exclude special characters or captial letters or something). if he's not a noob (and a modern CPU bruteforcing for 20+h tells me the pass length is over 8 characters which is beyond noob level in my book), you could literally be here for the rest of your life (in the unlikely event of a 20 char pass) unless you want to pay for amazon cloud computing or something.
>>
>>13971516
well. didnt start with bruteforce so. right now im brutforcing numbers to 8 characters. im letting my gpu join so i get a pretty decent time of 2 hours for that process to take..

i dont know about his password habits. i dont think he uses sings like )/&"$ยง but maybe lower- uppercase and numbers... and i dont think it lll be just 4 characters long so... yeah... fuck that shit :/
>>
>>13971211
And what might be in said file? Just wondering
>>
Post the file and have someone try to crack it. Its it pics or something?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.