[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone recommend me some good sci fi animes? (pic unrelated)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: poop_golem.gif (11 KB, 108x120) Image search: [Google]
poop_golem.gif
11 KB, 108x120
Can someone recommend me some good sci fi animes?
(pic unrelated)
>>
>>13949634
Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, the entire Ghost in the Shell franchise, anything with Gundam in the title. I hear Planetes is good, but I haven't seen it.
>>
>>13949726
he said good
get that Cowboy Bebop shit out of here
it doesn't deal with anything close to the same issues as Ghost in the Shell
Also what the fuck kind of scrub would need you to recommend any of that shit? Those are all the most entry level anime
>>
>>13949726
>Trigun
>sci fi
you can't be fucking serious
>>
>>13949861
you recommend some shit then nigger
>>
>>13949895
anime is for children

I recommend sitting down with HG Wells Time Traveler and proceeding from there
>>
>>13949726
Planetes is excellent, especially if you lean towards hard sci-fi. Also check out Space Brothers for such.

Ghost in the Shell
Planetes
Time of Eve
Steins;Gate
Knights of Sidonia (3d graphics, varying between garbage and awesome. sound is consistently amazing, though)
Cowboy Bebop
Seikai no Senki (I don't remember if this was finished, but it was pretty great)
Psycho-pass
Kaiba (fantasy atmosphere, but technically sci-fi)

Don't have any good mecha recs so look up some /m/ recommendation charts I guess.
>>
>>13949861
>Cowboy Bebop
>not good
>sci-fi equals cyberpunk
You could argue it's not futuristic (it's decidedly old-fashioned and that's the whole point), but it's still sci-fi.
>>
>>13949941
I'm not saying sci-fi equals cyberpunk
I'm saying it doesn't even begin to deal with any regular common sci-fi themes, eg the consequences of advancements of technology and the human reaction to new possibility
>>
>>13949963
I get what you're saying, but I think that exploring how some things WON'T change is actually a fair take on the matter.
>>
>>13949967
alright I can agree with you there

still seems like a completely unnecessary recommendation tho

>>13949940
I totally back Time of Eve
>>
>>13949634
Psycho pass is a must.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.