[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This soldier threatened my bro's life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r/ - Adult Request

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I am not an expert in unpixelating, i did some blurring and it helped a bit, but not good enough. I know /r are the experts in photoshop. I am not asking for perfect de-pixelation, just enough of a good image that I can ID him
>>
I'll do it but i need the back story
>>
>>13943308
My bro is a soldier who reported that a few other soldiers beat up a detained kid who was blindfolded and handcuffed. Now this soldier posted anonymously with that pic that he wants to do in my brother.
>>
File: 1447566313245.jpg (104 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1447566313245.jpg
104 KB, 640x960
How to De-Pixelate Photos in GIMP

Step 1
Launch GIMP using the Start menu or desktop shortcut. Click "File" at the top of the main window, then click "Open." Double-click the photo that you want to remove pixelation from.

Step 2
Click the "Filters" menu at the top of the screen, then click "Blur." Click "Blur" again on the expanded menu. This softens the entire image slightly, making the pixelation less evident.

Related Reading: Why Are Photos Pixelated on the New Firefox?

Step 3
Click and drag the mouse pointer from the upper-left corner of the most pixelated area of the photo to the lower-right. This creates a selection box. Press the "Ctrl" and "C" keys simultaneously to copy the selection to the Windows clipboard. Click the "Edit" menu at the top of the screen, then click "Paste As" and "New Image." This creates a new image from your selection. Click the "Filters" menu, then click "Blur" and "Selective Gaussian Blur." Adjust the "Blur Radius" and "Max Delta" fields to modify the amount of blur applied. The Selective Gaussian Blur tool can blur a photo much more than the Blur tool, but it works well for repairing badly pixelated images.

Step 4
Click the "Filters" menu at the top of the screen, and click "Enhance" and "Despeckle." Adjust the "Radius" slider to change the amount of blur applied to the image. Generally, the "Black Level" and "White Level" sliders should be left alone for best results. Click "OK" to apply the filter. The Despeckle filter in GIMP produces best results with a photo that appears pixelated
>>
>>13943353
I tried. I am looking for help from someone who is good at it
>>
What you're requesting isn't possible.
>>
>>13943480
i got it a little better with just me attempting to blue, it should be possible to get it better.
>>
File: 1447566313245.jpg (246 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1447566313245.jpg
246 KB, 640x960
Before you say anything "You are welcome"
>>
>>13943564
thats not exactly what I meant...
>>
Everyone's too busy with pron?
>>
He's everywhere
>>
>>13943353

Impressive and distinct skillset.
>>
>>13943292
It won't happen. In a pixelated image the original pixels are lost, the true image isn't hidden somewhere with the photo. Once pixelated to this degree there's nothing you can do that won't stop this guy looking like a Minecraft character.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.