[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Gotham threads banned on /co/, but Legends of Tomorrow,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: Gotham_Cityscape_Hi_Res.jpg (2 MB, 3206x2048) Image search: [Google]
Gotham_Cityscape_Hi_Res.jpg
2 MB, 3206x2048
Why are Gotham threads banned on /co/, but Legends of Tomorrow, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Flash, Civil War, and Arrow all allowed?
>>
>>525751
Proof?
>>
>>525753
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/82616333/
The thread was instantly autosaged upon creation.

https://desustorage.org/co/thread/82619745/
Attempts at a Talkback thread was deleted in minutes of creation.

Meanwhile there is both an Agents of Shield thread
>>>/co/82616554
a live talkback thread for Legends of Tomorrow
>>>/co/82609871

and a million Civil War threads

>>>/co/82608144
>>>/co/82606709
>>>/co/82601154
>>>/co/82619129
>>>/co/82603790
>>>/co/82620066
>>
OP for both of them here. Can confirm. We were sentenced to autosage right after the episode started airing, and a few other people in the thread reported that the their attempts at a new thread were deleted.

I mean, if we're supposed to go somewhere else that's fine, but we've been posting live action show threads for years on /co/. So I'm just wondering what's going on.
>>
I too have to object. We've been doing these since it premiered.

Is someone just maybe making a mistake?
>>
Gotham is a shit show and you should fuck off to /tv/ with it.
>>
>>525761
>but we've been posting live action show threads for years on /co/

Not only that, but half the board is live action adaptations right now, so it's a bit suspicious that one is singled out.

There's also the fact that Gotham is a Fox show, and there's not a single X-Men Apocalypse thread either which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially with the onslaught of Disney-approved "BASED RUSSOS" Civil War hype threads.

>>525762
It's completely intentional, because they're avoiding anything that isn't gotha,
>>
>>525764
Gotham is objectively the best superhero show ever made.
>>
>>525762

If it's just a mistake, it wouldn't have kept happening

I would like some answers as well

Gotham is just as valid a comic book adaption as any other, if not more. So deleting it and keeping Agents of Shield or Legends of Tomorrow is ridiculous
>>
>>525765

Well if it happens again next week, I'm gonna be really annoyed.

I mean, fine, I could maybe understand Lucifer. Its barely like the comic. But Gotham is basically Gotham Central on crack. It deserves to be on here as much as everything on the CW.
>>
>>525764
hot pockets plz
>>
I also want to add to the list of people who are upset.
>>
>>525765
>There's also the fact that Gotham is a Fox show, and there's not a single X-Men Apocalypse thread

This is probably it. /co/ mods have always had a huge Marvel bias. It's why Laughing Chris Evans threads go on for four hundred posts but saying anything negative about Marvel gets you banned. The fact that Gotham is both a DC show AND a Fox show means it's backed by both of Marvel's competitors. Plus we all know /co/ mods have a disgusting habit of trying to force people not to like what they don't like.

>>525770
I mean, iZombie threads are allowed too. Gotham is the only one being singled out. No Agent Carter thread would ever be deleted.
>>
>>525751
Isn't /co/ supposed to be for western cartoons and western comics? Aren't western live action shows/movies supposed to be discussed specifically on /tv/?

Somewhat confused.
>>
>>526071
Gotham is a Batman show ("Gotham" as in "Gotham City.")

Comic book adaptations have always been discussed on /co/, because superhero fans want to talk about the characters they like, and /tv/ does not. This is the way it has always been.

And that's the way it is right now, too, for every other comic book show and movie EXCEPT Gotham, as you can see >>525758
>>
>>526071
No that has never been true ever.
>>
File: co - live action.png (544 KB, 1366x661) Image search: [Google]
co - live action.png
544 KB, 1366x661
I'm just going to leave this here.
I have nothing against live action being on /co/ but this multi-thread shit is overboard.
Mods do something, force some generals, put a sticky with rules or goddamn something.
>>
It would be nice to get an official word in a sticky. Or a message from Hiro.

Just autosaging a weekly thread without some explanation is frustrating.

Policies change, I get it. But please let us know what we are doing wrong.
>>
>Gotham
>superhero tv show
lol
>>
>>526108
>force generals

You're disgusting.
>>
>>526215
Blame people who think anybody cares enough about their opinion that they need to create their own Civil War topic to post their precious opinions.
Besides it's not like MCU discussion is that high brow to begin with.
>>
>>526075
>Comic book adaptations have always been discussed on /co/, because superhero fans want to talk about the characters they like, and /tv/ does not.
Why not just force the superhero fans to talk about their tv shows and movies on the board for tv shows and movies?
>This is the way it has always been.
Sounds kind of illogical.
>And that's the way it is right now, too, for every other comic book show and movie EXCEPT Gotham, as you can see >>525758
Wouldn't the double standard issue be solved if mods forced tv shows and movies onto the board for tv shows and movies, leaving the board called /co/ - comics and cartoons for, um, comics and cartoons?

>>526094
>No that has never been true ever.
So why is it called /co/ - comics and cartoons? Seems a bit pointless if /tv/ and /co/ can be the board that harbours the same content. Why not just combine them?
>>
>>526226
Adaptation work is board-related, that's how it is for all boards.
Same way you can talk about Spongebob toys or your best try at an Astérix origami on /co/ despite /toy/ and /po/ existing.
>>
>>526221
>Blame people who think anybody cares enough about their opinion that they need to create their own Civil War topic to post their precious opinions.
That is how the site is supposed to function, though. If enough people decide they want to discuss the topic in that thread, it will gain posts. If not, it will likely end up being pushed off the board with little discussion.

That's the point of 4chan in a nutshell. Discussion ought occur spontaneously, not something regimented by forced general topic 24/7 threads which are in a constant battle against the natural flow of the board in terms of content expunging. This is why m00t was outspoken against generals (too fucking lazy to make sure the mods deleted them), because it contradicts the ephemeral, anonymous nature of 4chan.
>>
>>526231
>Adaptation work is board-related, that's how it is for all boards.
What, not it's not. You can't discuss movies which have video game adapations or vice versa on /v/. You can't discuss video games with related anime on /a/. You can't discuss war video games on /his/ and you can't discuss tv adaptations of books on /lit/. How long have you been around, anon?

>Same way you can talk about Spongebob toys or your best try at an Astérix origami on /co/ despite /toy/ and /po/ existing.
Yeah, that's only due to shithouse moderation. On any decently moderated board it would be deleted for off topic.
>>
>>526233
But the problem here is that there are plenty of threads about that movie where they can post about it, the board is just flooded with material that's only tangentially related media (as in not actually comics or cartoons).
Let's not pretend it's not solvable, shit happened with plenty of cancer on /co/ (notatbly Frozen), they got contained to generals and it ended up dying off.

>>526234
http://www.4chan.org/rules
>/a/ - Anime & Manga
>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

>/v/ - Video Games
>All posts should pertain to video games, their consoles, and video game culture. Threads should remain on topic and stay in theme with the board. Don't post off-topic garbage.
>video game culture
Webcomics are posted and aren't against the rules, I'm sure if vydia had any worthwile adaptation to other media, they'd be discussed too.

>How long have you been around, anon?
Apparently longer than you.

As a general rule, tangential material is okay.
>>
>>526249
>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.
Never been to /a/?

>Webcomics are posted and aren't against the rules
They are and mods have gone through various stages of cracking down on it. They are just lazy and tend to allow LOL threads as a form of temporary containment.

>I'm sure if vydia had any worthwile adaptation to other media, they'd be discussed too.
No. Try to start a thread about the spiderman movies or whatnot and see how long it lasts.

>Apparently longer than you.
Citing rules is easy; knowing how the boards actually functions takes experience. Something you clearly lack.

>As a general rule, tangential material is okay
That's why thousands of people are banned for this very act over the course of days.
>>
>>526252
>Never been to /a/?
Only a couple of times, I've never seen live action threads there but it's explicitely allowed.
>Try to start a thread about the spiderman movies or whatnot
Are you retarded? Spider-Man isn't a character originating from vydia.
>That's why thousands of people are banned for this very act over the course of days.
Probably more to do with all the spamming.
>>
>>526226
>Why not just force the superhero fans to talk about their tv shows and movies on the board for tv shows and movies?
Because superhero fans are fans of superheroes, and superhero adaptations tie directly into comic books. Subdividing them is stupid since one will often feed into the other.

>Wouldn't the double standard issue be solved if mods forced tv shows and movies onto the board for tv shows and movies, leaving the board called /co/ - comics and cartoons for, um, comics and cartoons?

What would be the point in subdividing content based on the same characters based on what medium it is tied to?

>So why is it called /co/ - comics and cartoons?
Superheroes are a part of comics.
>>
>>526234
>You can't discuss movies which have video game adapations or vice versa on /v/.
You literally can. You can also discuss movie adaptations of video games on /v/

>On any decently moderated board it would be deleted for off topic.
Why would you ban related content from the board it's related to? Just to please some autists who are afraid of their peas and carrots touching?

Boards aren't meant to have their boarders set in stone. The board determines the topic. The topic is the theme. If it's comic or cartoon related, it's /co/.
>>
>>526252
>it's an /a/ shitposting episode

every single time somebody makes an ignorant dumbass statement on this site they are always, ALWAYS a weebshitter. It never fails.
>>
File: thankspresidenttrump.png (42 KB, 1172x316) Image search: [Google]
thankspresidenttrump.png
42 KB, 1172x316
OP of the Gotham threads again...just coming back again to state...I got a warning?

I mean, if I was endlessly posting threads that's one thing, but this was the first one I made AFTER our thread was completely gone from the catalog. We still had discussion since it was the end of the episode and without a place to do so, a new thread is created.

I mean, I'm not trying to be a dick but what the fuck guys.
>>
>>526270
Just post your stuff in the Gotham thread that's already up. l2catalog.
>>
>>525773
I concur
>>
>>>/co/82644286
>Agents of SHIELD Live Talkback

>>>/co/82642773
>The Flash Talkback Thread - RAAAWR Means I Love You Edition
>>>/co/82646372
>The Flash post-episode discussion

so why are these allowed and Gotham is not?
>>
>>526373
>Just post your stuff in the Gotham thread that's already up.
read the fucking post you replied to nigger
>>526270
> this was the first one I made AFTER our thread was completely gone from the catalog.
jesus christ
>>526270
There is literally no reason to pay attention to bans in 2016. The mods don't respect you so you have no reason to respect them.
>>
>>526645
Maybe he just doesnt like Gotham?
>>
I wonder if this was the same mod that was deleting Adventure Time threads.
>>
I agree with OP, LoT discussion should be banned too, it's objectively the worst cape show on tv.
I mean, besides Arrow.
>>
>>528354
pretty much. Mods are MCUcks
>>
>>528903
What the hell? Did you have a seizure while trying to write Muks?

And what the hell does Pokemon have to do with this anyway? Take your goddamn pills.
>>
>>528903
except the Flash threads were up you fucking faggot
>>
>mods banning RWBY
>mods banning Gotham

i wonder why /co/ is such a fucking hugbox
>>
Wow, mod is banning everything.
>>
>>528903
>Mods are MCUcks
Sadly true. I used to think that banning Laughing Evans marked the beginning of a new era, but...
>>
All live action should be moved to /tv/ after they moved the mobile games to /vg/. It's only logical.
>>
>>526071
This. Ban all the live action shit and the mods that enable it. I go to /co/ for comics and cartoons, not police procedurals with capes on.
>>
>>531302
>batman is not comic related

???
>>
>>531302
>Gotham
>procedural
you sure are dumb
>>
>>531334
>>531335
Boy, I sure am glad you worthless asswipes are posting your police procedurals on /co/ instead of /tv/. Come back when you have a comic or a cartoon.
>>
File: Capture.png (4 KB, 317x27) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4 KB, 317x27
>>525751
>/co/ - comics and cartoons
I'll bite: which comic or cartoon is this live action TV show?
>>
>>531334
So we can start posting movies on /v/ as long as they are related to video games?

Amazing reasoning there.
>>
>>532302
Actually, yes.
>>
>>531302
>police procedurals with capes on.

Brit detected.
>>
>>532320
Maybe he's Alfred?
>>
>>532301
Batman

>>532302
Are you new? You literally always have been able to.

They've been having tons of threads about that Ratchet and Clank movie.
>>
>>532302
>>>/v/337797901
>>>/v/337797261
those are in the catalog right now.

There's also
>>>/v/337778129
for an animated short.

Do you even use the boards you shitpost about?
>>
>>532356
To be fair about that last one, Overwatch shorts are essentially trailers for the game. Nobody calls a cinematic trailer "a movie".

That said, there will be threads for the Warcraft movie, and they will be allowed.
>>
>>526234
>this new
>>
>>532292
I liek スポングボウブ
>>
>>532381
I wager it would be closer to スポンジュボウブ. グ has a hard G sound so that's unfaithful to the original pronunciation.
>>
>>532292
>police procedurals
>>
This week's new episode thread has already been put into autosage.

I mean, if they don't want us to make it, then why are Flash, Supergirl and Agents of SHIELD threads allowed?
>>
And the Gotham thread is already autosaging.

Again, it would be nice to have a sticky explaining why a tv show with Bruce Wayne, James Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Harvey Dent, the Penguin, the Riddler, Selina Kyle, Mr. Freeze, and Hugo Strange doesn't belong on /co/.

And if Gotham threads do belong on /tv/ then why not move the other comic threads as well?

May we please have some feedback on this change?
>>
Gotham Talkback is autosaged again. Please sort this out.
>>
>>532835
Again? Come the fuck on. And I just got a 24 banhammer for making fun of MCU
>>
Mods still a shit.
>>
>>532832
My best guess is Gotham is on Fox, and Fox just had an Xmen movie come out to compete with the MCU.

We all know the bias mods have towards Marvel, and that's the only thing that makes sense.
>>
why the fuck are the mods even doing this? are they butthurt because some gotham-fags are shilling in arrow/flash-threads?
>>
Gotham was just starting to move away from being known as shitty. I saw it gaining more and more fans over the course of season 2 in those live threads but now it's just been squashed again. Hell even /tv/ has pretty good Gotham discussion threads.
>>
>>533413
Meanwhile, Agents of SHIELD is fucked. Hmmm...
>>
File: 1463516065948.jpg (220 KB, 1343x717) Image search: [Google]
1463516065948.jpg
220 KB, 1343x717
>>533800
Forgot pic.
>>
>>533224
>shilling
Do you mean liking it better than those shows, or comparing it to those shows?

>>533413
I noticed that the banning coincided with Gotham getting a lot more buzz on the board, yeah. It's pretty suspicious, especially when >>533805 is happening. And Agent Carter is dead too.
>>
Let's see if it happens again.
>>
>>535978
It has every time.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.