[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Petition: Show state flags on /pol/ and /int/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
Post in this thread to sign.

This would also have the option to just use American flag instead if you wanted,

Let's do this.
>>
We already have enough bants on countries, i sure as hell do not want 50 new availables bants to be made because a poster came from USA

>This would also have the option to just use American flag instead if you wanted,
How the fuck would i recognise an American if he uses his state flag? Even americans do not know about all of the 50 states and their flags. If you're going to show state flags show the country first because it's more important.
>>
Half of those are the same shade of dark blue with an insignia in the middle. Why is this?
>>
>>515750
OP is probably some inbred hick from the South that complains about "muh states rights".
>>
>>515753
Why not
>>
I could see this happening
>>
>>515750
Maybe if you hover over the flag it just tells you the state
>>
I want state to state bantz, hand em over. Also if nation states that are smaller than American states can be represented with a flag why can't we.
>>
I want to be called a spic and a cuck, anything for the (you)s
>>
No. Fuck off. Don't fucking do this.
>>
>>515750
I love the flags but seriously only about a half dozen US flags are worth it, that is, that few are distinguishable. Almost all have tiny heraldic and naturalistic represebration in a one-color field, usually blue.
So Arizona, Texas, Hawaii, New Mexico, Maryland, both Carolinas and Ohio will be cool and the rest will honestly all look the same.
We should be able to choose political flags though.
>>
>>515753
Because they're too stupid to come up with something original. Let's just take our state seal and stick it on a blue flag! Kudos to the states that do have original flag: California, Arizona, New Mexico, Ohio, Maryland, and Colorado.
>>
File: UP - Lake Superior.png (617 B, 16x11) Image search: [Google]
UP - Lake Superior.png
617 B, 16x11
upper peninsula needs its own flag if so
>>
>>515774
thats why you can scroll over the flag to see its name.
>>
Can we get those dank custom flags back which denote a posters political affiliation instead?
>>
>>515750
Nice suggestion, but why stop there? How much more fun would those boards be if we all had neighborhood flags.
Haha, imagine just shitposting and you see someone else from your neighborhood.
>>
We need this. New Jersey can become a fucking shitpost flag on par with 'Straya and >a fucking leaf.
>>
File: 1461815948760.png (310 KB, 459x637) Image search: [Google]
1461815948760.png
310 KB, 459x637
Bump
>>
File: d1791.jpg (236 KB, 960x1656) Image search: [Google]
d1791.jpg
236 KB, 960x1656
>>515750
I think we should.
>>
>>515750
Dont we already have scripts for that?
>>
Montana reporting
>>
>>515801

only works if the other person is running the script as well apparently
>>
>>515791
>New Jersey can become a fucking shitpost flag on par with 'Straya and >a fucking leaf.
>tfw nobody will lever take my posts seriously again
>>
>>515750
k
>>
>>515750
I'm signing this shit for the keks
t.MC
>>
>>515750
yey
>>
yey
>>
>>515750
No fuck off. /pol/ has already been shit up with /int/-tier banter and RARE FLAG threads. I don't want anymore.
>>
>>515866
Indian or Canadian detected
>>
>>515778
Where you from, yooper?
>>
>>515750
Fucking hell, Americans are so goddamn onboxious.

Those planes should have been packed with nukes and not jet fuel. Fuck me. You people are a cancerous growth on humanity.
>>
>>515948

very edgy my friend, i give you a complimentary hot topic "fuck school and parents" t-shirt

use it well :^)
>>
>>515948
How's the mudslimes?
>>
>>515806
Not with that wacky accent
>>
give the UK independent flags at least

I hate being associated with scots.
>>
No, get rid of flags altogether. They do nothing but promote shitposting.
>>
>>515766
I like this idea
>>
signed
>>
awful idea.

how many people in the us even know more than 2-3 of those flags?
>>
And why should this be limited to America? Why not have province flags for Canada, prefecture flags for Japan, state flags for Germany, and federal subject flags for Russia? Because that would be a stupid decision and nobody would care. Just because Americans represent a plurality of 4chan users and 4chan is an American website doesn't mean that giving state flags only to America would be a good decision.
>>
>>516790
Why should there be flags in the first place?
>>
>>515805
I literally came to /qa/ just now to ask about state flags because I remember hearing someone call someone's state out once and say there is a download for the flags. Can we confirm that it works like you say.

also signing petition
>>
>>515750
There's a script for this. https://github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-4chan

There's no reason for this to be added natively to 4chan.
>>
>>516812
it only works if the other person has it

stop making uninformed comments in my thread

kthxbye
>>
>>515751
>Even americans do not know about all of the 50 states and their flags

This, I don't know a single state flag, not even mine.

Showing both the country flag and state flag would work I guess, but it's unnecessary.
>>
File: kernow.jpg (11 KB, 333x222) Image search: [Google]
kernow.jpg
11 KB, 333x222
I DEMAND A KERNOW FLAG

KERNOW BYS VYKEN
>>
>>516881
>being so fucking egotistical that you need other people to have it

Suck my dick, cunt.
>>
>>517259
How do you not know your fucking state flag when someone literally just posted a picture of it as the OP and you could have seen it with far less effort than it took to type that sentence. This is the pinnacle of laziness and you should die for it.
>>
>>515750
Signed.
>>
>>515750
Just make a trip of your real name, faggot. Or link your fucking facebook and twitter in every post if you hate anonymity this much.
>>
>>515751
>>517259
Hovering over a flag tells you whose flag is it.
>>
signed
>>
>>515750
/sp/ too
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.