[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever wonder why there are always other countries or even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: sound_0.jpg (87 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
sound_0.jpg
87 KB, 960x960
Do you ever wonder why there are always other countries or even domestic groups of activists continuously being portrayed as the "ultimate enemy" in western "news" outlets? (Iran, gun rights activists, etc) What do those "enemies" have in common, other than not conforming to the wishes of the current dominant superpowers?

Instead of having to rely on the risky secret off-the-books indirect funding (hidden behind a staggering wall of deception, misinformation and damage control PR news stories or "official explanations" to divert questions concerning the inevitable slip-ups involving transfers of arms and funding) of an opposition group masquerading as a grassroots civilian movement, used as a proxy army against the current government, (see Syria currently, foreign-funded opposition forces being labeled "freedom fighting rebels" in our newspapers) like ISIS/ISIL/IS, formerly known as Al-Qaeda, why not just full on invade them and occupy their power void directly?

What truly matters is how their real motive for international intervention is hidden from the public. Direct intervention with no justification would be seen as an act of aggression in the eyes of the civilian world. The powers that be are truly dependant on public opinion, especially in nations where the illusion of public freedom must be kept alive. No matter how much they like to pretend they have total control over the "sheeple," they still rely on our support to remain in power, and still must abide by the constraints of a civilian government, or at least appear to do so. Which is why the popular politicians and elections exist in the first place: to carefully monitor and manipulate the discussion of civilians to warp the public opinion to fit their agenda.
>>
>>74102761

Are you thinking/preaching out loud or do you want feedback from anons?
>>
File: Business_as_usual.jpg (30 KB, 441x336) Image search: [Google]
Business_as_usual.jpg
30 KB, 441x336
This brings us to today's threat of local legitimate grassroots movements organized by motivated individuals, aka "domestic terrorists," "looney conspiracy theorists," etc. Other than constantly being demonized by the supposed "unbiased, independent" news outlets, the attempts of sabotage and delegitimization go way beyond what most of the average citizens could imagine. So intricate and well planned that any attempts of bringing them can easily be shrugged off as impossible, paranoid, crazy, etc.

Imagine an entire community of people who have been given the task of feeding false information and blatant lies to the general public, while masquerading as a regular unbiased citizen, playing the part of providing an honest opinion, when that "honest opinion" is nothing more than the prepackaged product of the person or group of people who hired them. Be it government, corporate, or even something as harmless as a movie studio pushing for favorable reviews on a recent production, these PR companies exist and are changing the discussion through brute force bullying of dissenting opinions. Now imagine these manipulation techniques being applied to the online discussions of just about every popular website with the ability to post a comment in the public forum. Imagine how much work and planning must go in to making these commenter seem like regular Joe or Suzy providing a rebuttal to anything being discussed. This is where things get scary.
>>
File: old_man_with_gun.jpg (19 KB, 381x355) Image search: [Google]
old_man_with_gun.jpg
19 KB, 381x355
>>74103893

Of course I want feedback, I'm posting on a very high traffic scandinavian archeology forum, with the hopes that anons will bump this while I continue to spew words, because I accidentally deleted the other relevant copy paste I had planned but now I gotta go off the top of my head God fucking dammit I wasted like an hour typing up this big wall of text and now I gotta redo it with a time limit

Original pic in OP is how I feel desu senpai so any input is welcome
>>
File: 1431863013190.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1431863013190.png
1 MB, 513x1117
>>74103974

These people are organized, down to a script. They've condensed the basic diversion, delegitimization, denial and defamation techniques used in current popular media manipulation for decades, and fused it with everyday discussion. These people are paid to monitor a specific topic or subject, given a copy/paste list of retorts and comebacks, with no real short term goal other than the quantity of discussions successfully derailed or diverted to a desired conclusion. They could be deployed to push any agenda relating to the social life of a popular celebrity to the actions of a large corporation or government agency, or even to cover up their own actions by providing an "outsider" opinion, which consists of nothing more than the press of a button, generating a brand new social media identify complete with a backstory and profile picture. Endless sockpuppets popping up, posing as opposing opinions, when in reality they are all the same person.

You don't even have to be a part of the discussion to be influenced. Many of these websites with a rating scale for comments or user profiles are artificially inflated to always get a good reaction from the onlookers or passive readers, who see the big gold star or highlighted name next to the high-rated sockpuppets and automatically assume "wow this person must be smart they have good user feedback, I should believe them and not that crazy guy arguing with him"

And even scarier is when you realize the moderators and owners of all of these websites have to be in on it in one way or another, whether or not they know it.
>>
>>74102761
Nuclear superpowers don't wage hotwars. They wage tradewars and employ agents provacateur to destabilize national security by stirring up division with domesticate groups like student organizations and community organizations and massive protesting. Now that media is no longer the private realm of elite broadcasters, the propaganda machines of all nations can potentially reach all populations and agitate them into insurrection.

Employ that ol' nutmeg, Hegelian dialectic, play the ends against the middle, watch the upshot to see if you get a spark. If you do and that spark finds oxygen and fuel you get a blaze of civil unrest. Chaos initiated, begin phase 2.

#BLM and Occupy were both feeble attempts by BRICs interests to replicate American subversion and destabilization operations in Egypt and Libya. It failed and it's getting harder and harder for them to affect that sort of control as Americans galvanize once more under the leadership of someone who promises to put us as first priority if elected.
>>
>>74102761
Enemies drive industry and allow governments to control people
Pretty simple senpai
>>
>>74105819
Continue

What do you mean by bric? Is Brazil and China funding Black lives matter? Not impossible and actually makes sense, but if you have a little bit of sauce for that pasta then I'd be 100% on board with you
>>
>>74106636
Man, I just work at Wendy's to support my wife and her son.

None of that shit is sourced, it's all pulled straight from my ass.
>>
File: 1456680485027.jpg (57 KB, 603x412) Image search: [Google]
1456680485027.jpg
57 KB, 603x412
>>74102761

Getting back to the original topic of public opinion, we can assume that if celebrities and relatively small corporations can hire these "perception management" groups, then it's guaranteed that your government is doing the same thing, in one way or another.

You already know how websites such as reddit or even most high traffic boards on 4chan react to politically incorrect comments, yeah? There are people paid to moderate those forums not not only through direct censorship and removal of comments, but to provide a "debate" between two "participants" with the goal of publicly shaming a particular point of view in a popular thread, keeping it bumped, allowing as many lurkers as possible to glance through the thread and read the public bashing of the simplistic strawman point of view. This sounds like healthy behavior for an Internet forum, until you realize that both of the participants of the debate are the same person, and one was set up with the intent of being publicly shamed and therefore dismissed in the eyes of lurkers.

You see all those anti-X or anti-Y threads or topics every day, always with the same upvoted or praised comments, but did you ever wonder what is happening behind the scenes to allow this to happen over and over again?

Its not until other real observers start participating in these discussions when they start to get interesting. Almost immediately you'll notice every comment made against the opinion which was originally intended to win the "debate" will each receive equal amount of attention and immediate dismissal, usually directly insulting the intelligence of the other users and generally deflecting all legitimate criticism of "their" paid opinion without second thought. Because the second they let one reply go unresponded to or show any sign of caving, then they have to call in backup.
>>
>>74106636
germany is funding black lives matters and the sjw movement in general
>>
>>74102761
Just because it is a dominant idea doesn't make it right or wrong.
Gravity is a dominant idea... That one is not so bad to believe in ....

Maybe the problem is in your acceptance of anyone else's narrative without testing it yourself, or questioning why it concerns you enough to spend time on it.
>>
File: 1456315408362.gif (3 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1456315408362.gif
3 MB, 250x188
>>74107306

Scenarios such as these are especially noticeable on forums with a public rating scale. Sockpuppet accounts spread out over various IPs inflating the rating of the desired opinion and burying the dissent with the intent of making it appear as if the public is more convinced by one side, triggering the bandwagon of lurkers to vote up the "obviously correct" comment without even reading it. In the end, you have an entire discussion existing, while no real discussion took place.

Now let's take this away from online forums and focus on ASTROTURFING

The idea behind astroturfing is simple: you, a major corporation or government, have a large, easily motivated opposition group, just waiting to be given a purpose. You hire someone or a group of people to pose as a fellow citizen and start to gain a following of all these motivated members who identify as enemies of you. From here on out, assuming you're one of the larger, more influential groups of activists, you have control of your opposition down to their core.

Now you can get those "activists" you originally hired to feed the followers false information, get them to participate in useless activities, even get them to donate $$$ to the very cause they have been against the entire time, all without anyone suspecting a thing.

The main benefit of this, especially if you're a government agency, is to catalogue and flag all of these willing activists for future reference. Now you have a pretty good idea of who will or won't be on your side after "shit hits the fan" and they can be marked for blacklisting or worse.
>>
>>74108486

God dammit I had that worded so much better before...
I gotta go rewrite this improv, maybe take a nap and try this whole thing later

>>74108043
I am in no way meaning to imply that the dominant idea is always incorrect, only the suspiciously unspoken/underreported ones that always have official explanations along with an army of comments bashing dissenting opinions on command
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 236x236
>>74108486
Kek, my polisci instructor who is simultaneously liberal and super based (impossible, I know) spent a whole lecture railing against George Soros and AstroTurf groups. Shit is fascinating.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.