[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of becoming a luddite after watching more of my smartphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Technologu.jpg (73 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
Technologu.jpg
73 KB, 600x341
Thinking of becoming a luddite after watching more of my smartphone obsessed friends turning into sheep.

What steps should I begin to take?
>>
If you could comprehend irony, you'd be pretty pleased with how entertaining your post is.
>>
>stop watching tv
>stop smoking
>don't buy a smartphone
>stop trying to fit in
>do the opposite of what the average person does
>don't buy a house unless you can afford it
>don't get a credit card
>don't borrow money
>don't eat fast food
>Learn to fish
>get a hunting license
>grow a garden
>read books about stuff you are interested in
>stop coming here
>>
>>74003041
Checked off everything there except the hunting this year. Feels good man.

Its time to become Ubermensch.
>>
>>74002529
To become a luddite?

Stop posting on /pol/ you fucking retard.
>>
>>74003041
>Don't buy a house
>grow a garden
>>
>>74002529

You don't have to get all extreme, just ditch the phone it is for niggers.
>>
>>74003041
all except hunting, fishing, and coming here
>>
File: CCkiuxoXIAIScnL.png (778 KB, 1024x451) Image search: [Google]
CCkiuxoXIAIScnL.png
778 KB, 1024x451
>>74002529
>What steps should I begin to take?

Read:
* Unabomber Manifesto
* Early Retirement Extreme
* Ran Prieur essays section
* Evasion by Crimethinc

Watch:
* Consumming Kids documentary
* The Persauders (Frontline PBS episode)
* Alone In The Wilderness documentary
* Koyaanisqatsi (art house movie / doc)

Buy:
* Friction shifting touring bicycle
* Books

Do:
* Cancel all television services
* Delete facebook
* Get desktop computer
* Build standing desk so you can't just sit there all day
* Learn about minimalism / minimalist living
* Sell everything you don't actually need to live on craigslist
* Learn to cook
* startbodyweight.com -

you'll be bored and wanting to read / cook / work out all the time

The bike will be useful for long weekend trips because you have energy and motivation to get outside and see stuff while exercising
>>
>>74004230
The books look like tinfoil material
>>
>>74002529
Turn in your smartphone into an oldschool phone. None of this Wi-fi or snapchat crap, just a phone. Don't upgrade it to galaxy or Iphone if you still have one, I don't know how to get one at this point since I don't think your service will accept it.

Point is, you should use the computer at home for all your internet needs, if you need a computer on the go, bring a laptop or a table. Having the ability to go on twatter or kikebook in less than a second in your pocket is going to turn you into a brainless sheep. If you're bored, just bring an ipod and play some music, read a book
>>
>>74003221
Obviously you didn't stop coming here either
>>
>>74006124
I have a smart phone and I just don't have kikebook or twatter or any of that shit. It's useful to look up something while not at home and I can keep a to do list on it to check what I need to get done that day. If you have self control you can own a smart phone and not use it like a sheep. If you have poor impulse control then you should probably do away with it until you can control yourself.
>>
>>74006486
That's the problem, most people these days don't have any self control

Also, if you're outside you might as well socialize or read or something, not look up stupid bullshit or go on 4chan because you are bored. That's what neeting around at home is for, don't mix neet with Outside life
>>
>>74005736
I can confirm that they are good reads. Their purpose is to give you ideas, not to prescribe any single course of action. I highly recommend http://earlyretirementextreme.com/ too (just read through the site though, no need to purchase the book.)
>>
>>74006677
The looking up something was more that I could look up places to eat in an area I've never been to. I could get directions or say if the supermarket had mark down meat look up a recipe and buy the other things I needed.
>>
Is owning an am radio acceptable for keeping up with the news, I intend on removing all modem electronic devices from my life, apart from the washing maching, fridge and cooker. Though some contact/keeping up to date with current affairs would be needed, hence an am radio, your thoughts?
>>
>>74007518
I don't think that's a bad thing, but I would rather get lost and think on my feet if I have been in an area I haven't been to before, looking for a market or a place to eat. If all else fails, you can ask for directions
>>
>>74007757
Keep the computer, just abandon all websites aside from maybe /pol/ and few others that you know of that aren't kike obsessed

/pol/ is your best news source
>>
File: 1462441384237.png (40 KB, 133x164) Image search: [Google]
1462441384237.png
40 KB, 133x164
>>74003041
>>stop coming here
Almost got it
>>
>>74007757
Go for it, Charles
>>
>>74007845
Yeah I'd do that but if I don't have time to ask people and risk getting an answer that is bullshit then it's good to know I can look it up.

Another thing my friends don't seem to get is if they ring me and I'm busy I don't answer and then ring them back later or text. Even strangers see this as weird. I was ordering food and my phone rang and I didn't answer it I just kept doing what I was doing. Guy gave me a look like I was odd. I find it rude when someone stops to answer a phone or text when I'm talk to them.
>>
>>74009146
>Get Weird Looks for Trying To Act Decently In Public

Why you care what a bunch of cucks thing about you?
>>
>>74003041
Oh boy, now instead of playing hearthstone on the toilet I can dig a hole in the woods and shit in it for the off chance you get to murder an animal. Sounds like a real improvement... not.
>>
>>74002529
>What steps should I begin to take?
I just cancelled the deal i had with the phone company. You know like 49 usd per month for unlimited calls, smg and X GB of data and went back to a refill sim card. I don't even use my phone that much so i save a lot of money and now i can only use it to browse the web when its connected to the wifi.

Considering going back to some old stupid brick because of the longer battery life but i probably stick with a smartphone because of the camera.
>>
>>74002824
>Posted from my iPhone
>>
>>74009407
I don't answer a phone call or look at a text while I am talking to someone. The only exception is if they ring more than 3 times. Then I know something fucked up has probably happened and if it isn't serious I berate the person he rang me more than 3 times like some kind of spastic because I didn't pick up.

I have manners and I use them when I'm out in public interacting with people.
>>
File: goodmood.jpg (38 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
goodmood.jpg
38 KB, 480x640
>>74006677
>living in fucking shithole NYC
I decided I would make a real fucking effort at socializing when out and about, but it turns out the only people who start conversations with strangers here are the schizophrenics. Only older folk actually get into it. I used to think I had lost all my social skills, but I'm starting to think I'm one of a handful in this city that actually bothers to use them. I've found saying things like "Oh shit I didn't realize this place had a rule against talking to people" can get some to lighten up a bit. But really, asking someone about recommended BOOKS in a BOOKSTORE when they're in the same isle as you shouldn't startle people as much as it does. It never feels this way when I spend time down south, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>74012249
Your lucky there is actually other people interested in reading around you, every time I pop in to my local book shop, it's only me and the store owner, gets kind of awkward after a while, I even force my self to read slower now so I'm not in there as often as I've run out of books to read
>>
>>74013393
Bookstores>Online
Fuck Amazon, man
>>
File: everythingsFine.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
everythingsFine.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>74002529
>>
>>74002529
Well, you should probably stop reading newspapers and books, too then. But you probably don't have any friends, or else you wouldn't be crying on 4chan all day.
>>
>>74004230
>The Persauders (Frontline PBS episode)
I showed this in my class. Students thought it wa boring. The average comment is that it was long and dull.
>>
>>74004230
Finally, a ran prieur mention on pol. Good stuff. I recommend the "how to drop out" and "the age of batshit crazy machines" essays
>>
>>74004230
>>74019763
>and my favorite thing to do is get really high and listen to music. Unfortunately marijuana gives me lingering fatigue so I can't use it more than once a week if I want to get anything else done.
Uh huh.

Read the about me page first - guy has changed his mind (read: faced reality) on a few things (almost ALL of his views).

Moderately interdasting otherwise.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.