[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some simple questions concerning Brexit (Britain leaving the EU)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: EUUN0001.gif (4 KB, 388x260) Image search: [Google]
EUUN0001.gif
4 KB, 388x260
Pretty much decided to obviously vote for the UK to leave the European Union, however I've got a couple of questions concerning what would happen if the UK does leave.

>#1 - What would happen to all the EU immigrants that are living in the UK currently?

There's a lot of immigrants from EU states that have been living in the UK currently, so what would happen to them if Britain does leave the EU? Would they be deported, would they still be able to live here but maybe harder conditions? Would they be given British passports or what?

>#2 - What would happen to all the legal immigrants from outside EU states

Pretty much the same exact question as the first, however concerning immigrants who are not from the EU, and do not have a British passport either, but are living in Britain legally.
>>
>>73534157

I hope I don't have to go.

t. Kraut
>>
>>73534157

1) Firstly, it would take years to sort that out. Secondly, I honestly don't think anything would happen to them, and I do personally believe it would be unfair to penalize them when their actions at the time were perfectly legal. It would probably be a "get fucking deported if you break the law" deal.

2) Why would anything change regarding that? That has nothing to do with us being in the EU.
>>
>>73534429

1. I guess it wouldn't make sense deporting millions of intergrated europeans living in the UK, when we can barely deport the illegal pakis living here.

Would the conditions for the EU immigrants that have lived in the UK for a while not become tougher though? E.g. harder to receive welfare, harder to purchase a home and that sort of stuff.

The "get deported if you break the law" does kind of make sense, but at the same time what happens to someone who has been living in the UK for 10-15 years, has probably raised his family here, has a mortgage etc and then gets charged for something pretty petty and does maybe a couple of years in prison and then gets deported back to his homeland even though he probably don't even have family or opportunities left there.
>>
>>73534157
1) They will be allowed to remain most likely, To penalize them for something which was legal won't go down well with the EU, and considering we will most likely be trying to broker some sort of FTA with the EU, we won't want to unwillingly piss them off more

2) Theoretically, nothing although Brexit could be seen as a good opportunity to go full authoritarian on our border controls. I can see "incentives" being given to get people to move out of the UK

Not to hijack but reasons why you're voting leave
Im sitting undecided right now, leaning more towards remain
>>
>>73535781
>Would the conditions for the EU immigrants that have lived in the UK for a while not become tougher though?

Yes, but amendments and stuff would have to go through parliament first, unless Brexit immediately puts all EU immigrants and non EU immigrants in the same boat
>>
File: not in London, m8.png (203 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
not in London, m8.png
203 KB, 600x550
>>73534157
All the Polish white meat goes out.
All the Paki and other dark meat is here to stay.

Hooray for independence.
>>
>>73535964

what are your main concerns
>>
>>73534429

> 2) Why would anything change regarding that? That has nothing to do with us being in the EU.

Yes it has. The European Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights make expellations very hard to perform. Moreover once an immigrant gets a residence visa of 1, 2, 5 or 10 years, the courts prevent it from being cancelled except under extreme circumstances and makes renewal almost automatic. That is why immigration in Europe is massive. So leaving the European Union would enable the UK to control immigration, IF IT WANTS TO. Unlike now when it is powerless.
>>
>>73536828

My senpai has lived in the UK for 12 years, so I'm just mainly worried that if we do leave the EU, then it might become harder for me to let's say get a loan/mortgage in the future, receive benefits (dont now, and dont plan to but still a concern) or even harder to find a job etc.

Don't really see myself still living here in 10 years eitherway but still wanted to know a bit more about it before I do vote.
>>
File: map.png (568 KB, 1029x555) Image search: [Google]
map.png
568 KB, 1029x555
>>73534297
You won't have to go, krautm8.
It's just a scare tactic put out by the remain bastards.
Where do you live? I hope it's not the Caliphate of Londonistan.
I live on a Scottish island (pic). It's comfy.
>>
>>73537914
>living on arran
how
is there actually anything there besides sixth form students on geology field trips
>>
>>73535964
If we vote to stay we're basically giving the EU a mandate to walk all over us. Ever closer union and all that shit.

That should be reason enough to not vote remain, it sure scares the shit outta me.
>>
>>73534157
Britain will never leave EU, on the contrary, soon countries like Sweden will join too.
>>
>>73537832
At the very least, we get 2 years anyway after we have invoked Article 50 (i.e. voted to leave) to negotiate our terms with the EU. It's not really practical to deport millions of people to Europe, and Brits back here, so something is very likely going to be negotiated. What exactly the terms will be remains to be seen and details such as mortgage and benefits etc. would probably be a tit-for-tat thing dependant on how harsh the EU is on us (after we've set a leave precedent, they may just choose to be difficult)
>>
>>73538670
>>73535964

That's pretty biased 2bh so Ill give my POV too

We have easy access to the largest single market having achieved special snowflake status in it, being exempt or having op-outs from a range of things including the Euro and Schengen as well guarantees of exemption from being part of the "ever closer union" and further political integration. We also are represented quite fairly in it.
>>
>>73538073

whisky
>>
File: 1462113891477.gif (151 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1462113891477.gif
151 KB, 300x300
>>73534157
I'm sure your Muslim PM,.. I mean mayor and your cucked government find a way to deport more whites than any other if there is a Brexit
>>
>>73536828
The economy - jobs, trade and foreign investment in the UK would probably be the main issues

I suppose its not helped when leave campaigners say some pretty stupid shit
Gove saying we would have access to the single market without having to abide by EU rules, something which no other country has done sounds too good to be true. A vote to leave and keep access to the single market to me sounds like, we're gonna remove our ability to have any say on future EU rules while still having to abide by them

>>73537713
The EU and the ECHR are 2 separate things, leaving the EU won't take us out of the ECHR
>>
>>73539608

london mayor is pretty much just in charge of public transport and housing
>>
Please Britbros, help us destroy the EU. I want my country free from Europe's chains.

EXITALY NOW
>>
>>73539917

we don't want to be in the single market though, we can't control immigration unless we're out, we can get some kind of trade deal anyway, remain campaigners comparing us to canada is dumb since our regulations are all harmonised with the eu already so we are starting from a better place
>>
File: britistan.png (926 KB, 981x500) Image search: [Google]
britistan.png
926 KB, 981x500
>>73534157
>>
>>73538073
>is there actually anything there besides sixth form students on geology field trips
There's a lot of students studying geology here.
It's because the rock formations are unique.

I'm a plumber. It's a nice job. I also catch crabs and lobster and sell them. I've got a boat.

VOTE LEAVE.
>>
>>73538670
>>73539123
This one really gets me, If our economy and gov't is apparently so strong, how would the EU be able to "walk all over us"
How is it walking all over us now, why are we unable to use a economic strength within the EU?
3rd strongest economy in the bloc with the largest financial centre in the world
>>
>>73540709
They can walk all over us because EU law supercedes our own. You could have Donald Trump in power and short of just leaving the EU - he would get buttfucked to oblivion and back by the EU courts.
>>
File: David-Cameron-009.jpg (707 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
David-Cameron-009.jpg
707 KB, 2060x1236
Why are you voting to leave OP? Don't you realize doing that could start World War 3!?
>>
File: hqdefaultLQU8CZ92.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefaultLQU8CZ92.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>73540332
>>
>>73539917
yea you're pretty much bang on with that. Norway for example, in being part of the EFTA to get access to that sweet sweet single market, still has to make monetary contributions, still has to follow some EU regulation and as you said, having no say in it since they have no seat at the table. But none of that matters since the EU still insists on freedom of movement, one of its pillars, and so Norway is in Schengen whilst not even being part of the EU.
>>
>>73538670
Chum I've been to Arran a few times, always stay in Lochranza. Tis comfy as fuck
>>
>>73540181
>we don't want to be in the single market though
>We don't want to be a part of the largest free trade area in the world
Can I ask why?

>we can't control immigration unless we're out
Immigration is unfortunately not high on my issues list, advent of high speed communication and whatnot, the world is becoming more globalized anyway

>we can get some kind of trade deal anyway
Not gonna deny we will almost certainly work out a trade deal but who with, will it be better or worse? how long will it take nigga

>>73541138
True, but if the UK is as strong as is supposedly claimed, why is it always the UK getting supposedly fucked over by the EU, Laws are only decided at EU level when all member states decide to do so and after passing through the national parliaments, then when its matters of taxation and foreign affairs, there needs to be complete unanimity while other issues it is a qualified supermajority (I think 3/4)

In my head, this says a few things
1) Either the UK isn't getting as fucked over as it is made out in the press, or the blame also lies with our sitting gov't or
2) The UK isn't as strong a global power as is made out and will not come out of Brexit stronger
>>
>>73542380
again EU law supercedes our law. The UK government CANNOT fight the EU laws and regulations. Every vote inside the EU isn't a unanimous vote and therefore other countries are capable of fucking us over for their own benefit while our government - not matter how strong they are - is bound and gagged and has to sit there and take it or face fines (of which could be ticking daily).
>>
>>73542380
>We don't want to be a part of the largest free trade area in the world

it's a shrinking trade bloc with which we trade less and less every year, plus continental europe is cucked and doomed to oblivion

>globalised

>not fighting the false song of globalism that is destroying our cultural identity

>Not gonna deny we will almost certainly work out a trade deal but who with, will it be better or worse? how long will it take nigga

whenever we decide to trigger article 50 of the lisbon treaty we have 2 years, during which we will retain full access to the market, to negotiate a new deal
>>
As if anyone on the mainland would miss your rat infested island. Enjoy your independence while Londonistan slowly spreads to every single corner of your great nation.
>>
>What would happen to all the EU immigrants that are living in the UK currently?

>What would happen to all the legal immigrants from outside EU states

Nothing would happen to either. Why do you care?
>>
>>73544535
we would miss them though.

but then again, relations with britbongs are way better then our relations with any other individual country or Europe in general.

>mfw brits set an example and the Dutch follow.
>>
File: refugee.jpg (57 KB, 580x305) Image search: [Google]
refugee.jpg
57 KB, 580x305
>>73544915
The Netherlands has Muslim stabbings in broad daylight since 2004, guess Amsterdam will have a Muslim mayor soon.
>>
>>73545682
erm, ok Gunter
>>
>>73540620
that sounds comfy as fuck my nig
>>
>>73535964
>>73536138
>>73539917
>>73540709
>>73542380

LeSmilingMerchant.jpg
>>
File: ChjYK6EWwAERKUY[1].jpg (97 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
ChjYK6EWwAERKUY[1].jpg
97 KB, 600x803
>>73546392
>I can't counter these arguments
>post le memes
I wish it were true, I don't consider the EU to be anywhere near perfect and certainly needs to held more accountable to the public but like I said, the leave camp has done nothing to convince me that it would be better out of the EU

We've had Gove and his complete lack of understand on how the ETFA works
Bojo basing his arguments on how we export french knickers to France as a viable reason for Brexit as well as flipflopping about as much as Trump on the EU (Bojo was singing the EU praises less than 2 years ago in his books)

Leading economists, business leaders and people well regarded in their respective fields come out and say Brexit would be bad for the economy and business andprobably put us back into recession, does the Leave camp come back with their own studies?
No, they call it all nonsense and propaganda while appealing to peoples patriotism by implying voting leave is the thing to do if you truly love the UK
Nah mate, fuck it
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.