[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain to me how the response to Donald Trump is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Can anyone explain to me how the response to Donald Trump is any different than how Ronald Reagan was received? I feel like every one felt the same level of fear and hate-spiel towards Reagan. There was even a really pathetic assassination attempt.
>>
>>73457137
I don't think anyone here is old enough to have seen Ronald Reagan when he was alive, yet alone in office.
>>
>>73457291
I'm not old enough to have seen him hold office either. I was born in 1989. I'm a young conservative, maybe even a nationalist, not a white supremacist as many here pretend they are. I support Trump for legitimate reasons and because I love his cult following. My beef is with how obvious it is that we will enter a golden age with this arrogant douche bag and every one is afraid of him because he's not a loser like Bernie Sanders or an generic democrat politician like Clinton.

Why do the youth fear prosperity? Is it because it will eliminate their excuses for being parasites?
>>
>>73457712
Because average IQ increases with each generation
>>
>>73458100
did you just make this up
>>
>>73457137

Well, I remember the climate at the time and it was nothing like this.

Democrats were attacking him as the next 'Herbert Hoover'. That was about as heated as it usually got. Nothing like the screaming riots we see from the left today.

So yes, it was very different.
>>
>>73458406
I think the left has gotten much more radical, especially because Communism isn't as despised as it was in the '80s.
>>
>>73458100

You retarded or something?

IQ doesn't increase. They're just used to gadgets from a young age that we never had and are learning how to manipulate them, program them, etc - because they're growing up with them.

But I sometimes work around kids and they are dumb as all fuck. Just like we were. Just like the generation before us.

We haven't changed, tech has.
>>
>>73458536

Certainly seems like it. More like the sixties than the 70's/80's these days.

Probably took them a couple of decades to recharge their batteries after all of the riots back then.
>>
>>73457712
We are not pretending to be white nationalist. You will be one soon enough.
>>
Because people like to romanticize and purposefully misremember Reagan's administration. They like to ignore things like the time Reagan imposed a 45% tariff on Japanese motorcycles because they were hurting American motorcycle companies. Or the time he put literally a 100% tariff on Chinese semiconducters. Or when he raised tariffs on Canadian lumber. Reagan was actually pretty protectionist overall.

But we're not allowed to remember that because it disrupts the "free market" narrative the cuckservatives have fabricated.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
339 KB, 680x680
>mfw you realize Trump is gonna get assassinated by the jews and the shooter is going to be some fucking christcuck patsy who says something like hurr durr trump dont believe in g-d
>>
File: 1462761215174.jpg (51 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1462761215174.jpg
51 KB, 850x400
>>73457291
Really bro?
I'm 38
>inb4 wtf are you doing here at your age?!
Life goes fast bro.
>still feel 21 at heart.

I remember people loved Regan, and everything about him
>>
>>73458819
free market doesn't equal free trade tho
>>
>>73457291

Speak for yourself Anon.
RWR spoke at my college commencement.
>>
>>73458819
These tariffs did wonders for the US, but Friedcucks won in the end. friedman's arguement was that tariffs work, obviously. but the benefits of free trade are invisible but better. That arguement worked.
>>
>>73457137
Reagan was a beloved movie actor, and Governor of California.

Honestly Arnold is the better comparison to be made, because he's literally followed the same path. Only difference being he can't be president, although we all know he'd win a landslide if he could.

Trump sort of stopped being a relevant pop culture icon in the 90's, despite the Apprentice lasting quite a while. That became the only thing he was associated with. that sort of loud bragging personality and whatnot. if he had run with the more soft spoken calm tone he had in the 80's and 90's, he'd be seen as incredibly presidential.

Telling, that letterman once commented that he looks like he's running for something, and he's been asked by talk shows before if he'd run.

so it is different because he isnt nearly as beloved as Reagan was- Reagan had that wholesome family man religious cowboy thing going in addition to experience and acting rep.

the political landscape was also not nearly as harsh back then. Politics sort of sanitized at the turn of the last century. and all throughout the 20th century, politics became a sort of image game of who can present themselves as the better perfect man and hide all his flaws and shit. people forget that politics in the 19th century and before, were fucking brutal. Presidential contests especially. Jackson and Adams was a good example- they threw so much mud at each other. IIRC, Jackson, or his supporters- said Adams plump features made him look like neither a man nor a woman. nowadays though, with how partisan washington has gotten, politics have devolved back to what they were before the 20th century. With all the shitflinging and ad-hominems
>>
>>73457137

I don't remember man I was only two at the time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.