[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you here were raised by a single mother? What was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: grants-for-single-mothers.jpg (25 KB, 425x421) Image search: [Google]
grants-for-single-mothers.jpg
25 KB, 425x421
How many of you here were raised by a single mother?

What was it like?
>>
don't know im not black
>>
>>73132869
/thread
>>
>>73132632
Parents divorced and both of them were from an Irish Catholic background. My mother was a red headed drunkard with borderline personality disorder. She drank 6 beers a night and then stumble around like a fool. Every few months she would have a new boyfriend most of the time they were abusive. Dunking yelling would turn into physical beatings. I witnessed my mother beaten several times (sometimes bloodied) she once broke a glass ashtray over her boyfriends head and called the police thinking she murdered him "inadvertently".

She also told me that God didn't exist when I was like six years old. On top of this highly degenerate behaviour she repeatedly told me she was going to commit suicide. She described various methods jumping off a bridge, slitting her wrists (I have a memory of her sitting in a room with me whilst she held a steak knife describing how she felt) she also beat the shit out of me.

My father was an upstanding man who fought tooth and nail to get me away from her. He placed a very high value on education and tradition. He barred me from watching television, and made me read a book every week. In retrospect, though I loved my mother deeply, it was my father who shaped me into the man I am today.
>>
>>73132869

fpbp
>>
>>73134176
They also both voted for trump. My father is a highly educated psychiatrist, and my mother is a working class cashier. Weird huh?
>>
was raised by single father. it was pretty cool
>>
>>73134525
I agree.
>>
>>73134176
She recently told me she never wanted to speak to me again. Good riddance desu because she is a selfish cunt, but I am kind of sad that she holds grudges so tightly. It's sad how childish some people are.
>>
>>73134176
That sucks on what happened to you, Anon. I hope your enjoying life now under your father's influence.
>>
fucking sucked. she filled me up with all her anxiety and emotional instability.
>>
File: 56724265121.png (80 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
56724265121.png
80 KB, 231x218
>>73134176
>My mother was a red headed drunkard with borderline personality disorder

I am a redhead too. I also seen another anon say his ex gf was a redheaded borderline personality disorder case too.

I took the personality quiz on here not too many days ago and got that.

IS THIS A THING?
>>
>>73132632
My dad died when I was 8 in a scuba accident.

I didn't think too much about it at the time, but now I think about how much he could have taught me that my mom wasn't able to teach me. I'm a little bit crippled because of it.
>>
>>73134907
Baby boomers are exceptionally childish.
>>
I am male and I was born in 1982.
My first real memory of fear was waking up to being left home alone when I was so young I was still in diapers.
My mother beat the fuck out of me and her boyfriends did too.
I remember starving while trying to open the front door to our section 8 apartment, after figuring out the lock finally I knocked on the neighbors door and asked for a sandwich.

They called CPS and my mother barely got me back.
After my sister was born things got a bit better until she got married to her new husband.
She didn't need me for welfarebux anymore so she sold me to my grandmother for $1500.

I stayed with grandma until she passed in 98 and then went out on my own, life was Fucking hell for me until I broke free from family.
>>
>>73134176
I'll share another story of single mother degeneracy just to give you lads some entertainment. She once showed up to my father's house in a drunken rage threatening to drive the car through my father's house if he didn't let me leave with her. Typical batshit behaviour that makes me feel ashamed of her side of the family. I could say that neither my father nor mother were saints. I was once very resistant to my father's conservative ways, but as I age I have grown to have a deep admiration for his sense of honor and tradition. He helped shape me into a strong man, and now I have a woman of my own and I will keep in mind that sense of tradition. Hope to have at least 5 kids and teach them all to play violin, piano, etc. Teach them to think critical, and most importantly teach them about their western heritage.
>>
I can elaborate if anyone is interested but long story short - mom gets pregnant, parents marry, I'm born, dad dies when I'm 2, spend the next 8 years being abused (sexual and otherwise), never speak to mom again. Pretty shitty experience, I wouldn't suggest it.
>>
>>73135747

>real life SS
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>73134176
did you ever ask your mother why she was the way she was later on?
>>
>>73135204
Antonio Vivaldi was one of the greatest musical composers of all time. He was known as the red priest because of his bright red hair. His music (listen to the winter movement or summer) was filled with fire and passion. You will be fine. My gf has red hair. Hoping I can make some redheaded Celt babies.
>>
Hearing these stories makes me feel so blessed my mom and dad stayed together, or didn't die.

I am sorry for all the hardships you all faced. We can all learn from these experiences though.
>>
>>73135882
No clue what you mean, but it wasn't fun. I'm 20 now and I still cringe whenever I see younger kids that remind me of myself.
>>
>>73136500

Straight Shota
>>
>>73136500
do you remember what your dad is like at all?
>>
>>73136146
Thanks, m8. I'll definitely check out his work.
>>
>>73136671
Gas yourself.
>>
>>73136052
I've asked her but she is unreasonable. I tried to maintain a relationship but it recently fell apart over familial grudges. Just the other year she got engaged to man from cork ireland. My mom is super into muh heritage. They beat the shit out of eachother. My mom said he spit in her face, so she punched him until he had a bloody nose. The police couldn't believe a little woman did this. The apartment complex saw this as typical irish degeneracy (they were in boston) and my mother's red hair and his accent accentuated the stereotype. Honestly the guy was a walking stereotype who drank in the morning. Sad, if I ended up with her I'd probably be in jail now. Because of my father I appreciate classical music, literature, and great art. I am always trying to improve and work hard.
>>
>>73137164
I'm sorry to hear that your mother wasn't very open to you.

Your dad seems like a pretty good father, it's weird how so many decent guys end up with a psycho wife huh?
>>
File: 1461944785775.png (99 KB, 1238x652) Image search: [Google]
1461944785775.png
99 KB, 1238x652
>>73135316
That post hit me right in the feels. Long life, good health, and self actualization to you anon.
>>
>>73136698
Not really, but I ended up with my grandpa who is a lot like him. He saved a lot of photos and videos of my dad/me and that's really all I have to go off of. My mom kinda split a bit after my dad died (cut off communications with my dad's family) because she was a bitch. Earliest memories of my grandfather are from when I moved in with him.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.