[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw smoke almost 3 packs a day now anyone here managed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
>tfw smoke almost 3 packs a day now

anyone here managed to quit smoking? Also why is this shit legal?
>>
Why shouldn't it be legal?
Its not the goverments job to look after what you do with your own body
>>
>>73069893
At least you can afford it. Try vaping. I smoke about 1 pack but moving to vaping soon.
>>
>>73069893
Yes I've managed to quit it after watching this video:

Not even lying, after few days I started to feel funny so I started to read his book - been one year already - not even a single side effect or any urges to smoke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmafgwitqp8

If you continue to smoke even after this help, know that you're stupid and brainwashed by advertising - there is no hope for you unless you live segregated from society for a year and cleanse your mind from the media hold.

Only reason people smoke it's because they're brainwashed into it - realize that and you won't even feel the urge.
>>
try vaping or snus
>>
>>73070040
I can't really afford it that's the main reason I want to quit, I'm almost spending 30 dollars a day on cigarettes
>>
>>73069893
>anyone here managed to quit smoking?

yea, it's easy. you just have to go into it truly thinking "I want to stop" rather than "ugh I should stop but I really want a smoke"
>>
>>73069893

one pack a week here. I can go cold turkey any time

>>73070040

don't fall for the vape jew, maple bro
>>
3 packs? How do you even find time to smoke that much? Do you constantly have a cig lit?
>>
>>73069893
Try cigars or cigarillos. They're superior in every way (and healthier)
>>
>go to landfill for temp work
>during the break every other worker but one sits outside and smokes
why do you guys do that shit?
>>
>>73069893
Dude I got hooked on vaping shit is better (still not good) for you than leaf

>can drive around vaping with my windows up hot boxing my car so much I can't see and nothing smells
>>
>>73070313
I have one going every couple minutes, when I drink and get drunk I have one going literally the whole time
>>
Used to smoke like you, 3 packs a day of Newports, then I tried stopping and switched to American Spirits.

Now I'm at 3 cigarettes a day. Fuck me, it actually works
>>
>>73070271
900/mo... How..
You pussy.
>>
>>73070130

>brainwashed by advertising

They haven't been able to advertise for decades now sweety.
>>
>>73070523
You're literally retarded.
>>
>>73070477
Yeah do this OP, try switching brands.
>>
>>73069893
Try the acid method
>>
Yup, smoked for over 30 years, and quit last year.

When you quit, just quit. That's what I did, no tapering, no vape or pill or anything, no point trading one thing for another.

Actually enjoy being freed up instead of just trying to use some other crutch, enjoy having both hands free, enjoy never having to worry about how many smokes you have.

When I decided I was going to quit, my son had tagged a buck at an unfortunate angle and as it ran off, all I could think was that I only had a few smokes left.

I had been hoping something like that would happen with the deer so we could track together (we mostly ambush at water) and he could see the shit I told him play out.
And then when it finally did happen, all I could do was perform smoke math.

It's just this pointless act of consumption that you don't need, all it does is detract from aspects of other things that you are doing.

It took me a fucking long time to figure that out, and it might take you a long time too, but it is entirely possible to just be over smokes.
>>
>>73070477
>American spirits
>meme cigs
Hello le r.e.d.d.i.t.
>>
>>73070627
Maybe in gypseland, but in the rest of the free world cigarets havnt been advratised in years
>>
>>73070627

Maybe they do in your backwards shithole, but in civilisation the closest they get is Formula 1, or backhanded deals with Hollywood producers.
>>
>>73069893
> packs a day
How the fuck?
I've been casually smoking about one or two cigs a day for year m8
How do you let it get that far out of control
>>
>>73071143
>>73071162

Maybe you should open a book and understand how cigarettes were first advertised then how they entered into society mindset - it's not literal tv adds that brainwash people into smoking...

But what would I have to expect from a autistic fat burger and a toothless retard.
>>
>>73071077
I know they're meme but they're actually so disgusting and rancid that they make you hate the act of smoking. I didn't switch to them for their """""health""""" benefits
>>
>>73070130
>advertising
>brainwashing

Tobacco has been cultivated by humans for thousands of years before marketing existed. It's tasty stuff, it sells itself.
You have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about, none whatsoever.
>>
snus is better than cigs senpai
>>
>>73069893
>Chainsmoker
you fucks don't even finish the entire cigarette
>>
>>73071423
>I told you that you have no clue, now you must believe that you had no clue - I provided no argument whatsoever, and I said some stupid shit.

I actually look down on smokers - they're the most retarded breed of humans.
>>
>>73071306

Romania confirmed for autistic.

Isn't that cute.
>>
>>73071306

>Edward bernays, liberty lantons etc.

Well done, you can read a book. That's impressive for a gypsy.

But people who argue about the subliminal effects of passive advertising are basically saying they don't have free will. They don't even let you show the packs in this country. Try and keep it topical mate.
>>
>>73069893
Every time you want a Cigarette masturbate instead.
>>
>>73071077
I smoked American spirits when in the USA before the people who made rddit (or you) even existed.
>>
Is there actually people who actually dosen't regret smoking? that shit drains your shekels and fucks your health up badly.

Curiosity killed the cat,I guess.
>>
File: 1354566187441.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1354566187441.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>73071559
I've noticed that too with chainsmokers. I smoke about 2-3 a day and I always smoke it all the way. I wonder why they do that.
>>
>>73069893

>pack a day at least marlboro reds 20 years
>quit cold turkey, middle of the week (smoking buddies at work too)
>never looked back

Was tempted once on vacation, but that was a long time ago.

You honestly just need to make up your mind to do it. No patches, drugs, therapy, signs on the wall saying "don't ask me to smoke because I QUIT YOU FUCKERS." In short, no drama.

Just do it.
>>
File: 1454200745316.jpg (108 KB, 545x704) Image search: [Google]
1454200745316.jpg
108 KB, 545x704
>>73071410
I guess you could say they have an acquired taste only for refined palates
>>
>>73071884
I don't have any regrets smoking and i had no problems quitting whatsoever
>>
>>73069893
You did this to yourself you braindead idiot
>>
>>73071614
You are the one who provided no argument, you just issued an invisible proclamation about how people were brainwashed by advertising, and you presented your opinions as facts.

I pointed out that you are objectively wrong, as tobacco has been cultivated for thousands of years before the advertising that you claimed as an absolute factor.

And here you are whining and crying about "no argument" after yourself providing nothing, and having your position absolutely blown the fuck out by simple facts.

You;re an autistic retard who is ignorant and arrogant, and you are stubbornly dying on the hill of your unquantified emotion-based opinions because you're actually too stupid to even comprehend a few simple words.

Tell your family to stop stealing things. Crime is not a culture, it is just decay.
>>
File: turdeau_CURRENT_YEAR_edition.jpg (2 MB, 1970x1200) Image search: [Google]
turdeau_CURRENT_YEAR_edition.jpg
2 MB, 1970x1200
>>73071733
>original hipster meme
What're you too much of a consumerist to roll your own? :^)
>>
>>73069893
It is hard to quit, but you should still aim for it.
If cold-turkey is too hard/stressful in your current situation, try finding some help.
The consequences of somking are not worth it.
But to make it illegal would cause more trouble than just allowing it.
At the end of they day, you are responsible for your life, not the government.
>>
File: ProVari3RCelticKnot-2.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ProVari3RCelticKnot-2.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>73069893

Get a decent regulated vaporizer (Unless you're confident when it comes to electro-wizardry) and find a liquid you like. I had my last smoke March 2014 and haven't had a puff since. Here's some of my observations.

1: Nothing will replicate a cig, so don't try to copy it. I tried the tobacco flavored liquids but they just reminded me of what I was missing. I went to berry flavors and didn't try tobacco flavors again for about a year.

2: First week is going to suck ass but past that it progressively sucks less, it only really stopped sucking for me at the end of my first month

3: Higher nicotine liquids are not necessarily a better fix. While you may get more of a buzz the flavor gets nasty at higher percentages. I started with a bottle of 12% and a bottle of 6% and mothballed the 12% about a week in.

4: Just because you can vape somewhere doesn't mean you should. When in doubt treat it like a cigarette.
>>
>>73069893
Chantix works pretty gud
>>
>>73071891
All about the initial feeling probably. idk
>>
>>73069893
>why legal
because of taxes

>how to quit
i don't know, i'm trying for month now myself.
from around 35 cigarettes a day to around 20 now.
>>
>>73069893
i tried to stop smoking for like 3000 times with "will power" method , only worked once then i started then i start using NICOTIN GUMS, shit workes wonders. try it , if you havent already, it realy helped me quit smoking
>>
>>73069893
Why not? You are the one smoking three packs, the government is not forcing you.
>>
>>73072295
That's actually why I got into them while in the USA, I did prefer the taste of rolling my own, but I was having trouble finding decent tobacco where I was at, and AS's were about as close as I could find. I usually smoked Spirits or dorals, which were a distant second.
>>
just quit nigga

literally just stop

its that easy

self control
>>
>>73069893
Because we're free to do as we choose, asshole.

Quit two months ago, feels good man
>>
>>73072769
R A R E
A
R
E

Saved
>>
>>73069893
yea i quit, i used to smoke a pack a day

lol, all you gotta do is put down the cig nigga

literally just keep it from your mouth
>>
>>73069893

Stopped when I wanted. Never went back. No desire at all.

Addiction is a personality trait
>>
You could stop being weak, make the decision to quit and then do it.
>>
>>73069893
There is a drug for it. It's called Varenicline. It's like magic. People think it's some sort of moral flaw and they have to endure the pain of quitting as some sort of redemption for past smoking. It's a delusion, nicotine dependence is an addiction.

Go to a doctor and ask for varenicline, you will magically stop smoking.
>>
Just stop, that's how i quit.
Or alternatively trip balls on some shrooms and that'll do the work for you
>>
>>73070477
american spirit is the only good brand, dont listen to all the niggers here who smoke newports and think American spirits are meme

fucking marlboro only lasts 2 puffs, while a american spirit lasts around 15 min
>>
>>73072567
>electro-wizardry
Power and ground?
>>
>>73069893
Get a prescription for Chantix. It worked wonders for me. Been free for years now.
>>
>>73069893
I quit smoking cold turkey. Want to know the ultimate, secret, foolproof, totally unbeatable way to quit smoking?

ULTIMATE BROTIP: To have a 100% chance to quit smoking:
1)stop putting tobacco sticks into your mouth, 2)stop lighting them, and
3) stop inhaling the addictive fumes that they generate upon being lit.

I know this sounds smug as fuck, but it's literally the way to quit smoking, and until you convince yourself of that, you'll keep fucking up.
>>
>>73069893
smoke weed instead, not addictive
its how I quit, then 3 months later I quit smoking weed
its like a stairstep process
dont vape, stay away from that shit it just makes you more dependent on concentrated nicoteine
>>
File: 1462268305592.png (1 MB, 752x732) Image search: [Google]
1462268305592.png
1 MB, 752x732
>>73073096

Get out of here with your Jewish lies.
>>
>>73073141
>he takes the prescription jew
>>
>>73069893
It's tough.

I quit for 8 years, just cold turkey. Picked it back up for 5, than quit for another year and a half. Unfortunately, I'm back to a pack a day.

It's a shame it's so bad for you, because there's really nothing that takes the edge off a stressful day like a smoke. But it will kill you in the end - I can already feel the effects as far as stamina goes.

I would suggest throwing everything you have at quitting. Used patches, vapes, pills... whatever it takes. But, in the end, the old cliche that "you won't quit until you really want to" is true. In the end, it's about willpower.

Good luck, leafbro.
>>
>>73071050
this
>>
>>73073268
also stop hanging around the guys that you smoke cigs with, social smoking is the worst kind because it makes you smoke even when you dont really want to
and watch out for when you're drunk
>>
>>73073405
>leafbro

Never speak to me or my countrymen ever again.
>>
>>73069893
found out aunt has throat cancer, had chemo, didn't slow down growth, opened her up it's spread. she never smoked. is in late 40s

gave up smoking today., have done it before stopped for a good couple of years, but now i'm done.
>>
>>73069893
Quit 1.5 years ago, haven't smoked since.

I lowered my intake to a couple of cigarettes a day, then simply quit, replacing those couple of cigs with (normal) chewing gum or a mint. First seven days were the hardest, but you've got to break the habit.
>>
Yeah get a vape. Not the ones that look like cigarettes; those suck, don't do the job, and get too expensive -- will turn you off from vaping.

Go to a vape shop and get a real one. Even a lower end one like a Vamo. I've been using my Vamo for years. A vamo and a pro-tank. I buy my liquid online at heathersheavenlyvapes. End up spending may $50-$70 a month. And I vape like a champ.

Takes some getting used to because the drag is longer than a cig. Just fight through it, and eventually you start liking it. You get used to it, then don't want a cig anymore. I just want the vape. Cigs gross me out at this point.
>>
I used to smoke 3 packs of unfiltered Pall Malls a day when I was a truck driver. I did successfully quit. It took about 10 serious tries before I was successful. You have to want it or you have no chance. Also, cold turkey is the only way.
>>
>>73069893
Well it's legal because we live in America, not Ca
Oh, right.

But really though, I quit smoking because I developed a cough that just didn't go away, and it pissed me off. Turns out I actually just have postnasel drip and the move to a colder climate made it worse, but I don't regret quitting.

Wasn't actually that hard, I think most people just can't be bothered to give something up that they like. I'm thinking of quitting drinking too, but I only do it on the weekends anyway.

My advice, switch to something similar first. Try snus, it's a lot less bad for you and it gives the same feeling. Also, more sanitary. Then you can gradually wean yourself off over time.
>>
File: fire.jpg (41 KB, 635x357) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
41 KB, 635x357
>>73069893
i smoked maybe 2-3 packs a day from 04 -13
i quit because i had a niece born and i didnt want to hold her smelling like an ashtray, my teeth were taking a toll too. early 2015 i went through a pretty bad tragedy and started again though. i dont really have the will to quit at this point.
>>
>>73073091
And their prices are higher, too so you'll be extra careful not to ran out. I'm on Marlboro Black now...I go through a pack in two days.
>>
>>73069893
if you're smoking that much already the withdrawal cutting cold turkey is not fatal but really gonna mess up your productivity. You're gonna have some gnarly symptoms if you keep smoking, but the withdrawal is not going to be pleasant.

Your best bet though is to stop smoking, and replace with a safer alternative, one that doesn't involve combustion products, carbon monoxide o2 desaturation, and free radical inhalation.

I personally recommend you invest in a vape, something substantial that you're gonna enjoy using for a long time. Start at a higher dosage of nicotine and work your dosage down slowly. If your still having urges, keep in mind that you are ultimately in charge and that you're going to have your worst urges when you're very tired.

Also keep in mind that any length of time you're capable of avoiding combustive nicotine products is a success, because each time you smoke you're putting oxidative stress on the DNA in your cells, which leads to cancer.
>>
>>73070170
Butt lung?
>>
>>73069893
I smoke cock now.
>>
>>73069893
>anyone here managed to quit smoking?

I smoked a pack a day of Newport 100's (highest tar & nicotine content of any commercial filtered cig) for 20 years. I quit using a vape, and haven't smoked a cigarette since last September. this is the first time I quit and I've got to say it was so much easier than I expected it to be. I'm currently weening myself off the vape. if you really want to quit, you can do it OP, just put your mind to it.
>>
My father smoked 2-3 packs a day of Marlboros and quit cold turkey.

It's as easy as that.

Will power and the ability to say no.

I did 1-3 a day for about a year and quit a few weeks ago.

Last night I had a dream where I was offered one, and I said no. You have to be willing to give it up. For me, it was hiking up a mountain and being ashamed of losing my breath.
>>
>>73069893
damn you must be rich to afford 3 packs a day
>>
>>73077114
I only make 12 dollars an hour I'm far from rich
>>
>>73077253
if health or finances dont make you cut down on smoking i dont know what will
>>
>>73069893
I just eased off, wasn't really that hard tbqhf
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.