[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are people this fucking stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8
File: bait.png (37 KB, 1027x244) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
37 KB, 1027x244
Does Walmart NEED to raise prices to stay competitive against the market? YES

If they don't raise prices then the current CEO will be fired for not doing what he's meant to do which is fucking increasing the business revenue etc.

How the fuck are people this fucking financially illiterate?
>>
>>73050036
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLr5oWfoWRY

Also here is the video.
>>
>>73050036
walmart CANT raise prices and compete with the market, they would indeed take it out of their bottom line.

it's kind of the whole point of walmart, if it wasn't for that people would never go there.

only spics and nogs go there as it stands today.
white people go to costco which manages cheaper prices, better service while being even cheaper.
>>
File: 1418211316537.jpg (44 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1418211316537.jpg
44 KB, 350x280
>>73050036
Walmart exploits several things to outcompete local retail. They pay lower than the retail average, their workers almost universally need to collect food stamps (welfare) to eat and the government pays for those food stamps to the tune of 6 billion dollars.

For every 2 jobs Walmart creates it is estimated that 3 local retail jobs will disappear. Walmart effectively siphons lots of tax revenue and competition from local municipalities and funnels it into their massive megacorporation.

Walmart is fucked and you are a halfwit simpleton. You're not fit to be Australian, fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>73050128
My bad, I meant if they raised wages. Otherwise they'd be turning out less money.
>>
>>73050159
I'm not talking about that at all. I'm talking about the fact that companies can't just sacrifice their profit to make people happy otherwise the board members just replace the CEO.
>>
>>73050036
Walmart could keep prices the same if they hired some people for loss prevention.
http://fortune.com/2015/06/05/walmart-theft/
>>
I don't understand why people don't just get another job if they are unhappy with their pay at their current job.

Isn't that the point? To continually gather more experience and move up? Why do people get comfortable where they are at and have no ambition to better themselves? It makes me sick honestly.
>>
>>73050263
Oh, sorry I must have misread. Well, I guess you're right the way that corporations and public companies work is that they can't deliberately make less money unless the majority of their board agrees with it.

I just hate Walmart, especially when I visited America - their Malls and the amount of franchises everywhere is fucking disgusting.
>>
Reminder that the wealth will trickle down. Thats why wages are lowered to increase profit.
>>
>>73050506
The job market is not infinite. Of course, whenever new economic opportunities emerge people jump on it like the sharing economy (Uber, AirBNB) but the reality is that unskilled labour has FAR LESS opportunities now than any other time in history aside from anomalies like The Great Depression.
>>
>>73050036
My issue is that since they won't pay a livable wage we are essentially subsidizing Walmart because their workers are all on welfare
>>
>>73050680
True, it is not infinite, BUT Walmart is like bottom of the barrel. They can at least learn customer service while they are there and go do something else. Something in the hospitality field even, like working in a hotel or something. Literally anything is a step up. I feel like people just want a free pass.
>>
>>73050036

>Don't raise prices

>Do raise wages

Well, they can do that. They can probably afford it too.

But it's a private business, not a fucking charity.
>>
>>73050680
>unskilled labor

Get some skills!
>>
>>73050506

Lack of jobs.

It's what happens when you flood your fucking country beyond capacity with migrants while losing your industrial base overseas.

You know the things Evil Hitler 2.0 Drumpf LOL is campaigning against?

Apparently liberals like to ignore that fact when they shit on him.
>>
>>73050775
This. Happens here a lot too, you can have families where both parents work who still need to claim tax credits just to survive. Zero hour contracts are very common at the lower end of the market too.
>>
>>73050589
On this note, it's especially difficult here for first time business owners or start-ups to get any traction in this country because of the huge taxes the government has placed on businesses. People in this country have fallen for the "rich people are evil" meme and therefore are very supportive of increasing taxes on businesses (big or small).
>>
>>73050955

Not much point as skills are in low demand.

This is why the "Obama Created More Jobs!" meme is kind of pointless. It's low skilled service side jobs. They're shit jobs.

This is why Trump's populist platform is based on bringing good jobs back and limiting the labor pool. Not that he can do that, but that's what his promises are built on.
>>
>>73050589
np famalam

>>73050775
Yeah I agree that this is a problem. The solution isn't raising the minimum wage though, right?

I can only imagine that raising the minimum wage would do two things. Either make a company have to fire people or raise their prices.

I'm frustrated that people think fixing issues such as these are so simple and won't have any repercussions other than poor people getting more money.
>>
>>73050506
Yeah I had to btfo a Bern fag with this. He worked at Comcast and kept going on and on and on about how valuable he was and how much he knew and how he was the backbone of the corporations function.

>So what do you do there?
>Insallation technician
>So let me get this straight. You work a Fucking entry level position that anyone with a GED can get and because you feel like your valuable, yet you work the lowest values position, you feel vindicated in demanding your company be relieved of their wealth and distributed to you?
>Y-yeah I'm a hard worker and know my shit!
>You are nothing my friend. Any 19 year old slackass will swoop in and take your job for minimum wage while you're demanding 15/hr. If you had niche skills backed with certs and filling a different position it may be different. The company is not obligated to pay you more than you're worth and without the proper credentials to fill a position beyond entry level you are worth fucking nothing.

He went on about some Shit about new hires being paid more than old hires or something trying to salvage his position but I clocked out of the argument by that point. Before I explicitly asked what he did he made it sound as if he were the crux of function of Comcast. Needless to say he was just some as whole at the bottom rung doing nothing to make himself worthy of earning more while crying for more pay.

Bernouts make my blood boil.
>>
>financiala
>efficienty

kek
>>
>>73050894
If they do this then they lose out to a lot of other competition. Someone else will exploit their workers the same way that they do now.

The people in charge of wages etc. are 100% beholdant to stockholders. If they don't comply they can be sued.
>>
>liberals honestly think other people are greedy
>but not the ones demanding more money

>>73050159
>their workers almost universally need to collect food stamps
as opposed to every other min wage worker? Btw it isn't even fucking true, except for maybe the fat women who work there

>For every 2 jobs Walmart creates it is estimated that 3 local retail jobs will disappear.
"jobs" is not a thing. Taking less men to do the same work is progress.
It's called increased efficiency.

The problems with walmart is their dogshit quality merchandise and their dogshit clientelle
>>
>>73050996

Big Businesses like Wal-Mart are government subsidized because Muh Job Creation.

While smaller and medium size companies that theoretically create better jobs get the shaft when it comes to taxation.

Which is why our government has included a lot of tax breaks for businesses that turn over between 2-10 million annually.

Again, for no common sense reason to me, the left are very upset about this.

This isn't even high income tax breaks. It's literally tax breaks for small businesses that create local jobs. Real head scratcher.
>>
>>73050955
This.
You can learn literally anything via the internet or by taking a few classes in something, or by just simply practicing a useful hobby.

Take home improvement for an example. Think of a place better than your own home to practice laying tile (big money), running wire, carpentry, etc. People literally want to magically get paid $15/hr to greet people at Walmart. Sorry, lot's of us have an issue with that.
>>
>>73050775
Good point. Better that they have no job, then.

Or are you gonna tell me that Walmart greeters were going to be awesome boutique workers?
>>
>>73051185
Tax breaks are not subsidies
>>
>>73050036
You're exactly right, CEOs and by extension businesses have an obligation to increase revenue. Increased minimum wage will absolutely raise prices.

That is one of the many reasons why private business needs to end.
>>
>>73050996
Fucking this, that is part of what makes Wal Mart so disgusting, they basically move into a town and destroy every local business in their path, it's hard enough for a decent company to start and maintain enough business and fiscal success to be profitable in the first place, when you add shit like Wal Mart into the mix it just destroys what little chance they had. Add on all the ways they fuck their employees over and it's just a shit storm, places actively boycott having Wal marts open in certain towns.
>>
>>73051075

Raising minimum wage works in some regards. But a lot of other policies negate it.

In the U.S., raising minimum wage is kind of pointless if you continue to let the low income jobs be taken by illegal migrants.

Raising it to an arbitrary number doesn't really have any purpose either, as there are so many other factors - for instance in our own country we have a high minimum wage but not THAT high an increase in goods and services - BUT - we have massively inflated property and rental prices which essentially negates the minimum wage rise except for in low income areas with few jobs where people obviously don't live.
>>
File: 1455752498836.png (775 KB, 914x2160) Image search: [Google]
1455752498836.png
775 KB, 914x2160
>>73050159
Nice reddit talking points.

Walmart is a high volume/low overhead merchandising operation. They aren't selling houses & yachts and collecting the money in a big ducktails swimming pool out back.

>how much is a banana
>head of lettuce lettuce
>chocolate bar
>case of soda

The margins on this shit are razor-thin, and they rely on these low prices to make TONS of transactions daily at each store - hundreds of thousands. Cost of the hourly labor is only one of hundreds of small factors when you consider you can buy a banana for 25 cents, shipped in fresh overnight from Florida. You have to pay for production, shipping, contractual costs, merch, and accounting, insurance, payroll taxes etc..

If you raise these very fragile costs, even by a little, and people start going elsewhere, the thing is a big fucking house of cards. They have very smart people working on this shit 24/7, which is why you have the luxury of getting fat off tendies for mere dollars a day while browsing le reddit for the next, big progressive fad.

>muh tax dollars
>muh local jobs

Nice big straw-men you got there, you faggot.
>>
>>73051185
>muh job creation
Lol, more like muh employee welfare subsidization.
>>
>>73051163

Of course, which is why no company would voluntarily do it.

Hell, even if there was no competition, they wouldn't voluntarily do it, as there board is beholden to their shareholders and the shareholders purchase shares based on the companies profits or projected profits, not it's social equity.
>>
>>73050036
You were looking for discourse in Youtube comments?

Do you also sewer dive in search of rare gems?
>>
>>73051302
>confuses revenue and profit
>claims private business needs to end
Underage Bernout detected.
>>
>>73051310
shitty stores are not a business
Which is the only thing that Walmart competes in
>>
What do you guys think about having no minimum wage? Would the job market regulate itself? Sure, there would be $1/hr jobs, but who the hell is going to work those? Wages will have to rise to keep business running. I feel like an equilibrium would be reached at some point and we wouldn't have to worry about these retarded minimum wage arguments.
>>
>>73051071

Just because you can stock shelves or push carts for years on end doesn't make you capable of managing a business or employees. If they want a raise they need to put the work in to get to that next level.
Most people though aren't working at walmart to climb the walmart ladder though.
>>
>>73051392
Then maybe Wal-Mart should collapse, and it's time for something else to fill the void. If everything is as you say it is, this business structure can't hold forever.
>>
>it's a Walmart has low prices episode

They don't.

They do abuse labor laws and chinese inports to make a larger profit margin.
>>
>>73051286

Yes, but subsidies ARE subsidies, which Wal-Mart take full advantage of (and should from a business perspective if they are available).

>>73051401

Well that's the 1-2 of it. They subsidize their employees, however partially subsidizing an individual is probably better than fully subsidizing them?

That said - Those individuals would probably have found better, non subsidized work if Wal-Mart couldn't exist thanks to government handouts.

But you're between a rock and a hard place. The only way to stop Wal-Mart from taking advantage of these subsidies is to remove them from their employees...Which punishes the employees, who are already struggling.

Not much you can do about it. The economy has changed since the 1970's.
>>
>>73050036
your answer is the problem.

i don't have the solution, but your answer is actually an illustration of the problem.
>>
>>73051392

>They have very smart people working on this shit 24/7

I've worked with Wal-Mart. This statement isn't really true.

But you're right. The margins are razor thin and people forget that it's OTHER WORKERS who keep these front line staff down on the financial totem pole.

Unionized transport labor costs eat up an enormous amount of employee costs. Absolutely massive amounts.

The huge number of useless university graduates taking up buying, marketing, supply side jobs in these companies would be scuttled if you concentrated on raising front line staffing wages.

This is happening in Australia right now as we have a very fierce supermarket war going on, where the two largest retailers are selling goods AT A LOSS just to maintain market share.
>>
>>73051080

the fact he works for Comcast is the icing on the cake
>>
File: rly now.png (71 KB, 180x212) Image search: [Google]
rly now.png
71 KB, 180x212
Also, did anyone else here work at Wal-Mart before?

>did CAP Team 2 for a month before finding a better job
>>
>competing with walmart

lmao

also prices are set to compete on prices. That has nothing to do with wages. If they raised their own wages they would have no reason to change prices. They would simply pay more to their workers.
>>
>>73051527

This isn't really true anymore.

Ten years ago it was almost a certainty.

Now most management roles are being taken by University graduates who are unable to get real work. Trading down. Most of them are actually less capable than the previous wave of internally promoted and mentored staff.

You also didn't have to put in much work in the past. It was quite easy to get promoted (I know from experience). It's a lot tougher now, and the financial rewards are much, much lower.

Only upside is that turn over in all these businesses increases as the wages get lower and the conditions poorer.
>>
>>73050036
It's kind if sad, liberals should be praising walmart. They've singlehandedly dropped the living shit out of food costs to the poor, even forcing other grocers to drop their prices just to stay relevant. No group of people has put more food on impoverished tables than walmart.

If these armchair economists think they there is room in the market for a walmart that pays its employees a higher wage, why don't they start that business? I can't stand people complaining about their imagined goldmines going untapped, while refusing to put their money where their mouths are.
>>
>>73051794
They'd just make up for it by laying people off. There's absolutely no way a CEO would be able to keep his job if he forced the company to eat the losses it would incur by raising wages across the board without making cuts somewhere to offset them. Prices are how Walmart maintains its dominance, they can't afford to raise them to any real degree. So instead they will lay off as many people as they can get away with.
>>
>>73051071

>Trump
>bringing good jobs back

lmfao! thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard

Yeah .. good jobs like making shitty t-shirts like chinks!
>>
>>73051790

I worked for a major Australian retailer that had a program with Wal-Mart to send management back and forth.

It was interesting.
>>
>>73051075
It'll do both and cause inflation at the same time. That's why the tories are doing it here, they're bribing for votes while trying to inflate away the debt at the same time; but it comes at the expense of the economy.
>>
>>73051794
Yeah. As I posted later on. They'd either raise prices or fire people.
>>
>>73051976
I can only imagine.
>>
>>73051604
Yeah its fucked because they basically have a stranglehold on local retail job markets since they run every other business into the ground, so if you were to get rid of them you aren't really fixing anything since then you just have a ton of unemployed people, but it may be what has to happen eventually, since it's the only an way to give other businesses a chance. I used to be all about avoiding Wal Mart I would deliberately pay a little more at a local business or whatever, but then I moved to a more rural area on the east coast, and they have fuck all in choices, in a lot of small towns I shit you not, there is a bank, a few fast food spots, maybe a restraint or 2, and a fucking Wal Mart.
>>
>>73051956

These jobs are better than service side jobs.

"Good" is relative.

>>73051881

Wal-Marts prices are incredibly expensive because of the lack of competition in the U.S.

Their market share is fucking enormous though that no one else can get in there are compete, unlike smaller markets like Australia where every retailing giant from Germany to South Africa is tossing money into the ring.

Good for customers, since the prices are at rock bottom.
>>
>>73051546
Collapse into what?

Its called a free market. We could put walmart out of business tomorrow. We could shop at the local stores, pay a bit more, and that would be the end of it.

Or

You can make the wage be mandated at 15. The prices will go up a bit, but no big deal.. We do it for our neighbors, right? The only problem is now, the neighborhood store will have to pay the new 15 dollar minimum wage too. And guess what? Their new prices will be higher than Walmarts.

Repeat this process et infinitum until the price is too high for manufacturers to produce anything at a profit, we blink our eyes and we are Venezuela - out of shit paper and baby formula.

Champagne problems. You guys want to talk tangible solutions, that is one thing, but these bernie bots with literally no idea what the lifecycle is at a store like this marching in and making demands are ridiculous.
>>
>>73052090
How do you go about allowing for more competition?
>>
>>73052058

They were surprisingly not-that-good at what they did except for in their "buying" sector and how they concentrated on private brands - something all our major retailers are desperately trying to copy and doing quite poorly at.

But they also had a lot of inefficiencies which probably wouldn't have existed if they had 1 or 2 competitors their size to compete with.

it's kind of weird, because the U.S. has Costco, and I really don't know why that isn't bigger with customers (it's also kind of flailing here).

I'm probably just an autist and a cheapskate, but I'm surprised at their lower numbers.
>>
>>73051518
More people would have jobs, but many of the jobs that exist would pay less, but not as little as leftists claim. After all if the wage is so low that only a homeless person could survive on it then nobody would take that job (since I'm assuming they wouldn't hire a hobo, not that a hobo would be looking for work).
>>
>>73052205

Honestly I wouldn't know. I think it's organic.

We've always basically had two major retailers. We've essentially always had two Wal-Marts with a stagnant model. Then Aldi and Costco entered with new models which changed everything.

The U.S. is dominated by Wal-Mart. There is no real Wal-Mart 2.

Woolworths and Coles aren't selling Milk, Eggs and Bread at a loss out of charity.

You go to the U.S. and it's surprising how expensive groceries are given how cheap everything else is - until you realize they're simply retailing them at a profit, not as loss leaders.
>>
>>73050955
There are, very simply, not enough jobs to go around. Period. And of those that are most of them pay less than 15 an hour. Theres no point in raising the minimum wage... Because those jobs are all shit that should be automated and not cost half a persons life in misery to do. There will always be 20% of our population without a job or a real job or refusing to do slave labor for shit work and shit pay. Better to just be poor honestly.

There is always going to be a large segment left behind. And it will get larger.
>>
>>73052317

Wages are so low that many people wouldn't take jobs without government assistance.

If you removed the government assistance, perhaps that would in the long term raise Wal-Marts wages.

Or simply just result in more working poor like in third world countries.

I wouldn't want to be the politician who ticked the box on that experiment.
>>
>>73052346
>You go to the U.S. and it's surprising how expensive groceries are
How cheap are your groceries that you think eggs and milk are expensive here?
>>
>>73051759
>I've worked with Wal-Mart. This statement isn't really true.

No offense, but I was talking corporate.

The reason wages are so low at a retail store is because stacking boxes on a shelf all night takes no real skill and has very little value. Im honestly shocked that they can even afford to pay the salaries+payroll taxes for some of these people. I just dont see where the value added is.

In the US, a walmart will close an entire location at the very first sniff of a unionization attempt. Its not out of greed. Its a logistical and practical decision.

People WOULD go to the neghborhood store or somewhere else if the prices werent so low. The literally cannot afford to keep a union-run walmart location open. Not for long anyways. There are way too many other options for those willing to pay a bit more.
>>
>>73050263
>>73050589
Walmart is only nominally a publically traded company, the Walton family owns a majority stake and could pick a CEO that would lower profitability if they wanted to increase their market share
>>
>>73052419
Welfare really is the worst trap a government can fall into. It creates a dependent class and the longer it remains, and the more reliant they become upon the worse it is when you try to ween them from the government's teat. There's really no pretty way to do it, anyone who brings it up is gonna be hated.
>>
>>73052441

So, a loaf of bread costs 85 cents here.

Now, that the lowest paid employees at our retailers are paid 17.50 dollars an hour not counting penalty rates if over the age of 21.
>>
>>73052346
Are you telling me Australian Supermarkets like Coles etc. are selling Milk and Eggs at a loss?
>>
>>73052246
I believe Costco competes with BJ's and Sam's Club, which is a Wal-Mart subsidiary. Either way, I don't think everyone is up for the big box retailer idea.
>>
>>73052587
>So, a loaf of bread costs 85 cents here.
Christ that's cheap.
>>
>>73052555
Yeah okay. Still A LOT of the company is still owned by other people who have a large say.
>>
>>73052515

I am talking corporate.

Like all businesses they have a handful of smart people and a whole lot of dead weight.

>The reason wages are so low

Is because there is a labor supply surplus.

>Its not out of greed. Its a logistical and practical decision.

It's one and the same really. Any and all businesses are looking to maximize profit. "Greed" when applied to business is largely a pointless term.

>The literally cannot afford to keep a union-run walmart location open.

They can. Easily. They just won't, because...why would you?

The U.S. also has very few options. Wal-Mart has a dominance in the U.S. market that is unmatched anywhere else.
>>
>>73052679
In my area, Walmart has a stigma and hardly anyone shops there. Most people here shop at either Winco or Costco for their bulk purchases. In fact I think Walmart was actually barred from opening a store in my city for several years and only recently were they allowed one.
>>
>>73052616
Yes and together they pressure farmers into a downward price spiral to the point where they are making a loss by simply running the farm
>>
>>73052739

Precisely. It's also a loss. Same with the other staples, milk and eggs.

Now, of course, everyone feels this pinch;

These milk, eggs and bread prices do come out of the bottom line, yes, but they also come out of the suppliers pocket. A dairy farm is not going to refuse to sell at near even costs to one of the major retailers, because losing that contract essentially means losing your business.

So while a lot of Australians see the local checkout chick smiling because she's earning 26 bucks an hour to be there on Sunday, and they're really happy that they get their loaf of bread for 85c and gloat about how we can manage such a wonderful economy unlike Pig Evil Greedy Amerricans - They completely ignore the dairy farmer riding a hairs breadth away from bankruptcy to make this possible.
>>
>>73052868
This is because of the competition between large supermarket companies?
>>
>>73052831
Damn. Yeah Wal-Mart fucking sucks.
>>
>>73052616

Yeah. Have been for awhile now.

Coles's comeback coupled with Aldi has forced them to use some staples as loss leaders.

All three of those retailers, but mostly the Big Two, have to spend obscene amounts of money to open non competitive stores to deny the others market space, while shredding costs elsewhere (without seeming to shred service and standards in stores).

A lot of this pressure is passed onto suppliers, especially agricultural ones.

This is why Coles was happy to eat the bad press in trying to break the unions in Victoria on the supply chain side.
>>
>>73052679

I think it's a fantastic idea and I can't believe Woolworths didn't jump on it and instead went into fucking hardware, and I think it would have taken business away from Aldi.

If I was in America I wouldn't shop anywhere but big box probably.
>>
>>73052922
That's fucking shit.

Serious question. Why don't Woolworths marginally decrease their wages provided it wouldn't make anyone angry?
>>
File: 1453505491014.jpg (54 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
1453505491014.jpg
54 KB, 770x433
>>73052739
hes knit picking shit

17.50 of the Queens bucks are like 12 of ours. I promise you the Australians aren't masters of capitalism who have figured out what no one else can.

There are import costs for most goods, taxes and the rest of all that. State control can have benefits for a few select people, but its a dead end road.

Here is a pic from our south american friends who have such great government markets.
>>
>>73052761
>The U.S. also has very few options
Depends on where you live. Walmart has a strong presence in smaller less populated towns because they have no real competition. You go into any large town or major city and there's plenty of alternatives to Walmart, the main thing they have going for them there is brand recognition.
>>
>>73052616
It's called a loss leader. People will come in for the super cheap staples like milk and eggs, that undercut competitors, and ideally buy a bunch of other shit that is profitable.
>>
>>73053184

Because they can't with non salaried employees. They are unionized. And to be honest they struggle to retain staff as it is.

They also do try and minimize salaries, but again - Coles often steps in and strips the best management prospects with a slightly higher salary offer - and then Woolworths turns around and pays them more then they were initially paying them to get them back.

Even if they decreased their wages, Coles would do the same and then they'd be back and step 1.
>>
>>73050036

Why do you give so much of a shit about a business you have nothing to do with? Do you have any idea how much money the people who own Walmart already have?

Fuck off.
>>
>>73052761
>The U.S. also has very few options

LoL dude you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Making blanket declarations like that that are utterly ridiculous take away your credibility.

Is this a reddit raid?
>>
>>73053189

It's 13 dollars.

And that loaf of bread in U.S. Currency is 65 cents.

>I promise you the Australians aren't masters of capitalism who have figured out what no one else can.

Wal-Mart would figure out how to sell goods at a loss if they had a company of equal size and stature rapidly overtaking their market share.
>>
>>73053301
So Woolworths, Coles, Aldi etc. all realize that they can fuck farms on prices but not other suppliers? So they do this to sell the higher priced goods?
>>
>>73053215

I can't think of a single retailer in the U.S. that is on par or close to overtaking Wal-Mart.
>>
>>73053408

Well, enlighten me.

What other Grocery retailer is close to overtaking Wal-Mart?
>>
>>73053215
I live near a military base and we have at least one alternative with multiple locations like Wal-Mart.

>>73053160
I actually don't have a lot of available room to store big box items in my current situation, and I burn through items like paper towels at a slower rate. When I lived with my parents, we did Costco fairly often.
>>
>>73053438

They can fuck other suppliers, but they would fuck themselves.

This works with staples because "everyone" buys bread/milk/eggs etc.

So like the Kiwi said, you go there for your staples and the specials (sometimes themselves loss leaders made in agreements with suppliers like Coca Cola in exchange for floor space etc) and then pick up the profits from the REGULAR (not higher) priced goods.

The G.P. on most of these items is in the cents, not dollars.
>>
>>73053484
Publix, Meyer, Target, Giant Eagle, Aldis, Piggly Wiggly, Kroger, Marsh, tons of regional chains, basically every city small town in America has local stores.. We even have Amazon beginning to deliver groceries.

I bet you are on here a lot of the time double posting burger fat memes too.

Ill put it to you this way, you are working for an American organization, who employs Austraians, pays the Queens wage, and sells those cheap loaves of bread in your country.

We don't have any aussie stores hiring people or selling goods here.
>>
>>73050036
Yea, sure, company makes billions in profit but pays low salary to employees.
>>
>>73053100
Just want to chime in and say the same is happening here. Especially with milk.

I don't really understand it, i'm not rich and I have no idea how much a pint of milk is, who are these people going around different supermarkets trying to find the one that has milk for 4p less? Judging from the way these supermarkets act then everyone else is doing this.
>>
>>73054225
How much of that profit is re-invested into the company though?

I'm willing to bet it's a large portion of those "billions"
>>
>>73054203

Literally none of those are competition.

Wal-Mart has over 60% of the market share.

It's next biggest "competitor" has less than 20%.

>Ill put it to you this way, you are working for an American organization, who employs Austraians, pays the Queens wage, and sells those cheap loaves of bread in your country.

Why would you put it that way? That statement makes no sense.
>>
>>73054678

Most people here.

Prices and location are the two biggest deciding factors.
>>
>>73054925
Ask the shareholders.
>>
>>73051392

Underrated post.

Most retarded leftist faggots have no idea how economics works, not how businesses operate. Their views can be summed up as government is magic and rich people are all evil with big Scrooge McDuck vaults that they hoard to themselves.
>>
File: nazi girl gif.gif (2 MB, 330x294) Image search: [Google]
nazi girl gif.gif
2 MB, 330x294
>>73050967
When morons say Jews and immigrants are good for the economy, I like pointing out that the biggest peacetime expansion in the history of Europe took place AFTER Hitler kicked out immigrants and Jews (1933-1939)
>>
>>73050128
Nigger please. Go into a Walmart in the Midwest and you're going to see so much fucking trailer trash mullet rocking crazed out white Meth heads it's ridiculous.

Especially in their original home area of Northwest Arkansas, and then into OK, KS, MO area.

Walmart isn't KFC, liquor store, taco town nigger and spic land. It's a I need condom to fuck my sister after I cook some Meth inbred cracker land on the large scale.
>>
>>73055050

Like the man said, it's regional competition. There's only 191 Walmarts here in Publix's home state of Florida, while Publix has 765 stores. And since I'm comparing grocers, not all of those Walmarts even have groceries.
>>
File: Samuel Adams.jpg (45 KB, 800x739) Image search: [Google]
Samuel Adams.jpg
45 KB, 800x739
>>73051518
>What do you guys think about having no minimum wage?

It's the only non-retarded answer. Price controls do not fucking work. For example a $15 dollar minimum wage is not telling businesses "you must hire people and it must be at a minimum rate of 15 dollars an hour", it's telling regular people "You are now banned from ever selling your labor for less than 15 dollars an hour", which means that anyone who has a marginal productivity less than $15 an hour is now permanently unemployed (e.g. if I can only actually create $14 worth of value an hour for somebody, and the minimum wage is $15, NO ONE will ever want to hire me as doing so loses them money every hour).

Furthermore, ask yourself, why do ANY jobs pay more than minimum wage? Why isn't every job at the absolute bare minimum in wages? The answer has nothing to do with government, it's market forces and people voluntarily deciding that doing X labor for Y amount of dollars is to both of their mutual benefit, with minimum wage laws telling the least skilled or abled "nah fuck you, you're not allowed to make that labor agreement".

The entirety of minimum wage arguments are predicated on Marxist horseshit, and it's telling how successful Marxists have been in brainwashing people via "public education" into believing all of their vile nonsense.
>>
>>73052587

cheap shit bread white bread from coles or aldi goes for around $1 but it isnt worth buying, generally you're looking at $2 for a reasonable quality loaf.
>>
>>73051861
Ban check
>>
>>73055814
Only in parts of Springdale and shrinking areas of Rogers. The Waltons are pouring money into our communities to better education and raise property values in an attempt to purge the trailer trash. When I moved away 5 years ago it was still pretty bad, but even the Hispanic community in Rogers has experienced immense economic growth, leading to a decrease in crime and meth consumption. Even our corrupt as police chief just got fired for being a cunt.
>>
>>73056556
Also the quality of the Walmarts there are leagues ahead of what you see anywhere else due to the fact that most of them are test stores. This is doubly true in the developing parts of town.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.