[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the embodiment of le current year / era? https://w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14
File: postmodernism.png (286 KB, 536x371) Image search: [Google]
postmodernism.png
286 KB, 536x371
Is this the embodiment of le current year / era?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8_dcg-kM0
>>
I feel that the US might collapse in the next 10 years if Trump is elected. If Trump is elected, I see two possible scenarios that are likely

Trump is elected and half the country sees him as illegitimate -- people take up arms, there is institutional anarchy. It is suppressed violently and the US moves from a republic to a tyranny made to ensure to existence of the new US order, similar to how Rome transitioned from a Republic to dictatorship through Caesar's populism.

Or two, people just hold their noses and Trump's presidency is allowed to continue but he compromises -- his campaign was inflammatory, but he has managed to "get along" and everything continues as usual, but now with Trump and his entertaining demeanor.
>>
File: 1452220725101.gif (2 MB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
1452220725101.gif
2 MB, 300x249
Living in this historical moment, I feel like I'm suspended in time infinitely. Uncanny. Pundits are so stunned they are literally calling it (meme) magic
>>
Although one thing that bothers me about Trump is that he has no cultural substance at all. He is ultimately amoral and a believer, ultimately, in law and cost-benefit analysis. The cultural "content" for him is to be created by now-vibrant economy. Yet, we could have a hyper capitalist society and still have cultural decline. Given how far liberalism has seeped into popular culture, the retaking of this will involve a political push of another kind.
>>
Good thread.
>>
>>73038629

>Put a nigger muslim globalist into office
>Twice
>No one does shit

>Put a white moderate nationalist into office
>revolt

This country will deserve its fate then.
>>
The one thing right-wing populist movements have in the current modern age is sensationalism. Theater and performance is the best weapon of any politics today because the spectacle is what's important. The new right-wing movement emerging worldwide is like sitting at the heart of a cultural matrix created by liberalism.

Russia is partly responsible for this. Vladislav Surkov and others in Putin's advising circle are culturally indebted, and have said, to Western counterculture, Beatnik poetry, and liberal society that emerged in post-WW2 era. Yet, he is a nationalist; he is also an aesthete, and a cynic because he takes these cultural fragments and merges them without consequence to his liking.

In the current era, liberalism can easily be ripped apart and its pieces can be used to opposite effect as a kind of detournement. This new liberal culture, held together by tolerance, can easily be ripped apart by anyone who breaks taboos which provides content for both the liberal viewer and convservative cheering them on.
>>
File: 1461997932132.png (3 MB, 1529x1146) Image search: [Google]
1461997932132.png
3 MB, 1529x1146
One of the effects of Trump's run is that the stakes have been raised tenfold. People have a visceral reaction to him. Clinton's entire strategy from the 90s has been triangulation theory which aimed to merge the right and left into a safe middle, a Third Way as coined by Tony Blair. Trumpism is the return to real politics, of friend-enemy distinctions, without which politics is meaningless.

Liberal narratives that were constructed on this Third Way have fallen flat after being exposed by Trump's real politics.

>Trump calls for a Muslim ban.
>George Stephanopoulos says in an interview that such a thing would be "Unamerican."
>Trump compares himself to Roosevelt interning the Japanese and aligns himself with actual American history versus the liberal myth.

By doing so, he is destroying a pillar of liberalism which is that all of American history has been progressing towards tolerance.

All the golden calfs of liberalism mainly: unfettered free trade, open borders, and global solidarity, and humanitarian war have been called into question by Trump because he exposes that another American narrative exists -- one which acknowledges that tariffs, border security, nationalism, and jus ad bellum are not peculiar concepts in American history, but have been presented that way since the 60s.
>>
File: 1459489909001.png (113 KB, 364x336) Image search: [Google]
1459489909001.png
113 KB, 364x336
>>73040299
Social unrest generally happens after things go very bad ('08) and expectations rise a little bit, and are then not met (i.e. our current situation).
>>
>>73041687
sullivan pls go

why hasnt the hiv killed you yet
>>
File: 1453150834584.jpg (34 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1453150834584.jpg
34 KB, 500x581
I am happy Trump clinched the nomination, but for some reason, I never actually thought we'd get this far.

I kind of miss him putting out Lindsey Graham's number, or sending water to Rubio. It was those types of theatrics that made his entire campaign into some weird meta spectacle. He needs to continue to spectacle of it all or else the people will get bored, and not care. Blame the media.
>>
>>73041781
why don't you kill me then faggot
>>
>>73038009
that was neither clever nor creative nor meaningful
>>
File: 1453346905581.gif (1 MB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1453346905581.gif
1 MB, 198x200
Everything is a spook and it's spooky stuff. I don't buy any of Trump's policies. I just want to see power rise so that the stakes of politics can be returned to where it actually matters. Somehow Trump's political reality show feels more real than anything that's been presented to Americans since the late 80s. We're watching the greatest show on Earth.
>>
>>73038009
But Trump is literally the least Hawkish candidate. People here him wanting tighter security on foreign Muslims and suddenly they think there's going to be a kebab-powered oven in every household.
>>
Okay I'm done, I'll take questions on my autism now.
>>
>>73041876
>He needs to continue to spectacle of it all or else the people will get bored
>implying shit won't go from a 10 to 100 in the general
He will rape Hillary in every debate, tweet, and TV interview. If there's one thing the American people love more than a comedian, it's a gladiator.
>>
>>73042115
I don't really interpret the skelly as pro-war. More like we've hit a cultural wall and we might as well be dead. It's like we're living on borrowed time. Trump is just entertainment.
>>
D E A T H B O Y S 2 0 0 1
>>
>>73041687

Guess what faggot? Ain't nobody going to revolt to do shit en masse unless guns are taken, breadlines are formed, or Trump finds away to collectively hurt the feelings of every child K-Grad school at the exact same time.

Quality of life you nigger. Fucking poverty line is fat. Think about that.

As long as the selfies and Starbucks are accessable, it will be perpetual business as usual in the apocalypse.
>>
>>73042203
Who is we, nigger?
>>
>>73042203
Also you are a melodramatic faggot.

Pro tip: The world was here before you and will be here long after your gone.

Here's to hoping you don't get another incarnation.
>>
>>73038629
>SJWs, libshits, and cuckolds
>taking up arms

kek, pick one
>>
>>73042203
Your series of posts point toward the opposite. We are now escaping neo-liberalism. Enlightenment thought has been on a downward slope for some time, with even leftists taking up much darker stances, such as Zizek.

People are discontented and don't have an outlet. This is nothing novel in history. We know we are being conned by our leaders and the rich, but enjoy too great a standard of living to really revolt against them. Its just Rome 2.0. And no, I don't think Muslims will be our barbarians. I think countries will balkanize or at least global alliances will be shaken up as sharp political swings left and right rack western society. This should hopefully erode enough of the current social infrastructure that there is room for growth.
>>
Cucks are being stumped left and right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMfkcXbci_c
>>
>>73042462

>The world was here before you and will be here long after your gone.
>long after your gone.

We've only had nukes for 80 years.
>>
>>73038009
I hate adventure time.
Basically ripped off a generation of artists tied to newgronds in its hey day and transported the style into a palatable form for 14 year old hipsters

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/504753
>>
File: White Guilt.png (431 KB, 451x609) Image search: [Google]
White Guilt.png
431 KB, 451x609
>>73042477
it'll be darkies taking up arms with white liberals cucks watching on television
>>
File: 1458622567911.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458622567911.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>
>>73042611
Nukes are small time compared to events in Earth's past. Call me when the ocean starts to boil.
>>
>>73042675
Good fucking god I would steal that money

If there were ever a situation where stealing is okay, that's it
>>
>>73038629
>leftist cucks
>picking up arms
lmao
>>
File: 1453273815503.gif (97 KB, 420x316) Image search: [Google]
1453273815503.gif
97 KB, 420x316
>>73042539
Very true. I think the breaking point will be (1) states affirm their sovereignty as independent entities and (2) Whig history, the idea of constant "progress" via rights as a trajectory of history needs to be destroyed.

I remember when Russia annexed Crimea, Western states called it an act "out of time," as if it was an anachronism. They said that Russia was behaving like a 19th century actor. Liberalism cannot even conceive of a reality alternative to its own, therefore everything that is counter to is literally "out of time" or a reincarnation of a past historical force.

Yet, ironically, the most novel political movements right now are right-wing, nationalist movements.
>>
File: 1461678733454.jpg (186 KB, 534x1236) Image search: [Google]
1461678733454.jpg
186 KB, 534x1236
>>73042889
read this
>>73042675
>>
>>73038629
whos gonna take up arms? the antigun sjws....
>>
>>73038009
I don't understand this hipster criticism that life is "meaningless" today or whatever. Like our culture is just a "lie" or something like that.

What are people expecting? When was life any more "real" or whatever? What the fuck do you want? I think it's just that the job market is shit and people are bored/depressed/stressed from financial issues.
>>
>>73042066
It is more real. My mind was fucking blown when Trump walked out on the debate stage and just said "All of these people are bought and paid for by special interest groups. Yes I donated to them, and when I called them they answer."

The jig was up. We're never going back. We can't go back after this. Trump just confirmed what everybody has been wondering about for a long time.
>>
>>73043353
I want a phantasy that's bigger than myself -- that's called a society. I want values, character, and collective aspirations. What we have now is shit, just individual careerisms with some thought policing. Everything is so atomized.
>>
>>73043549
After that, practically all politics in the decades before Trump became invalidated. It just blew up in our faces.
>>
>>73043550
Aren't we too diverse for that at this point? Too many religions/cultures/political alignments flooding into this country.

When I walk downtown Chicago, it's like a fucking gathering of every culture on earth. It's gay as shit.
>>
>>73043657
That's only because the US is now like a tossed salad instead of being mixed together through assimilation. There is no dominant culture right now -- the dominant culture is acceptance of other cultures, practically. For me, the uniting factor is nationalism which provides these specific values that we should hold. Multiculturalism is built on a lie because it assumes that no two value systems are incompatible, when in fact, they are.
>>
>>73038009
Blatant propaganda
>>
>>73038009
Low effort, talentless, and computer guided "artwork" with an unnecessary/snarky political statement shoehorned in? Yeah, I'd have to say it accurately surmise our current era/culture. People everywhere are looking for some outlet but now, unlike ever before, the wholly uninspired now have an outlet to create/share what ever filth floats through their skull that the other-directeds eat up because it appeals to their like minded sensibilities. You can't even critique the shit either without being challenged with, "oh what have you created that's so good?" or "Everyone has a right to create and express themselves."
>>
>>73043353
Commercial nihilism coolest new thing
>>
>>73043629
I think one of the major turning points in this campaign is when Trump walked out and started the debate by saying "I have a big dick".

It was completely surreal to see a 6'4 240 lbs alpha billionaire say "I have a big dick" on the United States presidential debate. It's a low-brow petty insult, but the implications are far more serious than that. He basically said "Everybody part of this election is a joke to me, and I'm going act like you're all children. I don't take these people or this process seriously, and neither should you".

It was like he had officially stabbed formality to death.
>>
>>73043928
I really like the fact that decorum is dead. It really needed to go because it was the appearance of a rotten kind of politics that was obsessed with presentation and didn't really have much content.

Liberals say Trump has no platform, but somehow also imply that politics had content before Trump. We were debating muh abortion, and "comprehensive" immigration "reform" before, just remember.
>>
>>73044059
I have never understood the "Trump has no platform claim". I have watched Cruz, Bernie, and Hillary rallies, and they're all just a bunch of buzzwords and punch lines for 30 minutes.

I have never paid attention to politics before, so maybe debates were more intellectual back in the 80's/90's.

Yeah I guess maybe Trump killed decorum in politics. I cannot imagine what will happen in the future after this. The American public will never go back to guys in suits reading teleprompters in a cheesy mono-tone voice and spouting buzzwords all over the place. I also think the American people will be more suspicious of a corrupt political environment from now on. Looking for things like big campaign contributions.
>>
>it's a schizo posts on /pol/ episode
>>
File: 1459476316767.jpg (65 KB, 620x538) Image search: [Google]
1459476316767.jpg
65 KB, 620x538
>>73044313
I was a bit disappointed though when Trump announced he would accept big funding for the party come the General election. I just hope he doesn't take any money himself... his whole self-funding promise was a dealbreaker for me.
>>
File: 1452718032857.jpg (88 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
1452718032857.jpg
88 KB, 634x476
WASHINGTON—With Donald Trump’s two remaining GOP rivals suspending their candidacies and clearing a path for the billionaire businessman to assume the Republican presidential nomination, reports indicated Wednesday that, well, hoo boy, here we go. “So I guess that’s that—we’re off and running here,” said Oregon resident Carl Jacobs, raising his eyebrows and drawing in a deep breath as he echoed the sentiments of millions of Americans across the country who confirmed there’s no turning back now following the real estate mogul’s decisive victory in Indiana and that, boy, this is really just the beginning when you think about it. “The train has left the station, and we are on our way. I guess we just go with it and hold on tight.” Additional reports confirmed that, yeah, better strap in, because—wow—this is actually happening.
>>
>>73044350
I'm not a schizo, but I am anonymous. Big difference.
>>
>>73042680
Other than literally living next to shit water that Mexico looks comfy. Simple life, town knows each other, self reliant, no headless corpses.
>>
File: 1443046242620.jpg (85 KB, 530x504) Image search: [Google]
1443046242620.jpg
85 KB, 530x504
>>73038009
>wow we liberals lost i guess that's the end
>it was all hollow and pointless from the start
It was that easy to send these guys into despair?
>>
>>73049158
They do this normally.
>>
>>73042187
>He will rape Hillary in every debate,

all Clinton has to do is look in to the camera and so that evil laugh she does to win.

the more she trades with trump the worst it's going to be for her and she knows it.

screen cap this shit and this is how the debate is going to go down.

> trump will do his circus on camera calling Clinton all sorts of shit
> Clinton will turn to look at em and say "oh please" and that's it.

trump's tasks is to make Clinton look like a snake Clinton's job is to make trump look like a clown she has her work cut out to her
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.