[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of free as in freedom software?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What does /pol/ think of free as in freedom software?
>>
it's usually the other kind of free too, so it's alright.
>>
RMS is basically a homeless loser who hasn't made any real contributions in the last 20 years. He is still super butthurt that Linux beet HURD (but hey, HURD just got basic sound support in 2016!) and basically tries to claim Linux because Linus used GCC and the GNU coreutils. He survives on the charity of others and speaking engagements where he spouts his insane, paranoid, philosophy. Basically he won't be happy until all the programmers are homeless hackers like him and all the companies are shut down. How people are supposed to support themselves and their families in that scenario aren't things he has to deal with because he is basically a permanent grad student. He does make some good points about privacy, but for him, there is no middle ground. Anything that may reduce your privacy even the slightest bit (like movie recommendations on Netflix) is evil according to him, and must be destroyed. In a lot of ways he show classic signs of mental splitting, which is a classic symptom of mental illness. To top it off, when he does write code, he does so in the style of the awful GNU style guide which is a crime against humanity IMHO.

So, in a nutshell:
He's a bird-fucking, self-absorbed, power hungry, toe jam eating pedophile that thinks everything should be free and everyone should be forced to share, who looks like he hasn't showered in years so as to create a static shield around his body to protect from aliens. He also created an OS without a kernel because he's basically Steve Jobs gone communist. Oh, and he calls himself doctor though he holds no PhD.
>>
>>72579826
>Software Jeebus
Your shekels are not required to use this software, goyim - just your undying fealty for a plethora of leftist causes
>>
>>72580068
Second Post Better Post
>>
>>72579826
Truly visionary stuff.

It's a shame he won't be properly appreciated till he's been dead for a century anon.
>>
>>72580068

He went the full stallman but I wish all cpus weren't backdoor-ed. Intel hasnt used them for the wrong reasons yet but they could which probably means they will.

Also I assumed he was a professor somewhere.
>>
He's like reverse-reverse-reverse Bernie of the computer industry.
>>
>>72579826
Kind of pointless long term

>trusting random people just because they're not le corporate jew FBI man

Having 100s of "my specific brand of communism" operating systems is retarded.
>>
Stallman literally thinks the software insustry should survive by selling support. Support of freeware software anyone can figure out the ends and out of. This is because he is basically a beggar who doesn't get that 99.99% of software usage does not require technical support from the guys who actually wrote the software, or ideally, any at all.
>>
>>72580068
Jews are basically like that. RMS is an atheist but his genes are jewish. Jews are genetically predispositioned to extremist views, regardless of those views are right or left, or individualistic or collectivist.
>>
>>72580068
Did RMS fuck your mother?
>>
>>72581597
Let's clarify, actually, because that is not true, but has enough truth to sound right so you could be for real.

Stallman thinks that we should be allowed to make money from any business model we can come up with that does NOT involve violating the customers rights. When I phrase it that way I doubt you can disagree, and that is accurate, so if you still disagree with him in any really profound sense you must disagree on what rights people have in the context of software.

He thinks you should absolutely have the right to charge for your time, if you are spending that time writing code for them. He doesn't think that you should really be allowed to prevent someone that already has a given bit of code from modifying it or giving it to his friend at that point in time though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.