[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of touch burger here, could one of you Brits explain why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Nigel_Farage.jpeg?1460560534.jpg (166 KB, 1222x960) Image search: [Google]
Nigel_Farage.jpeg?1460560534.jpg
166 KB, 1222x960
Out of touch burger here, could one of you Brits explain why leaving the EU is such a big deal, and what it would do for you? I've been seeing a ton of talk about it lately, but haven't quite understood it.

Why is Cameron so intent on keeping you in it?
>>
>>72530272
>Why is Cameron so intent on keeping you in it?
because he always follows the path of least resistance
>>
>>72530272
Oh yeah, and what is it to Obama whether or not you guys leave? I remember hearing that he said the UK would go to the back of the queue for trade with the US if they were to leave. (or something like that). Sounds quite passive-aggressive to me.
>>
>>72530272
>What would leaving the EU do for you?
-We would be in charge of making our own laws.
-We would control immigration fully again.
-We would create free-trade deals with other countries again.
-We would have control of our own fishing waters again.

Charitably:
-He's worried that our trade with the EU could decline.
-He's worried that Britain would become irrelevant on the world stage.
-He's worried about the financial instability.

Uncharitably:
-He doesn't believe in the sovereignty of the nation-state.
-He likes that the EU can undemocratically impose legislation on Britain.
-He's protecting corporate interests.
-He's hoping for a comfy EU-job if he keeps us in.
>>
>>72530614
>What is it to [the US] if Britain stays or leaves?
It's in the US interest to have a close ally in the EU, so it can influence the EU. Britain is also a hindrance to complete EU integration, which keeps the EU weak and stops it from becoming a rival to the US.
Additionally, it's very possible Cameron asked Obama to say it.
>>
File: white life.jpg (46 KB, 431x341) Image search: [Google]
white life.jpg
46 KB, 431x341
>>72530272

Don't make me start screaming like Mel Gibson and be like 'FREEEEDOMMMM!' again
>>
>>72531034
That's some shit; it's hard to imagine anybody but corrupt politicians being against this if that's true.
>>
>>72530272
>>Why is Cameron so intent on keeping you in it?

Once UK PMs finish their PM term, they go and play with the international globalists. Gordon Brown is now on the board of some banking group; Blair is making deals for Saudi oil firms.
The EU is a globalist project.
Cameron wants a globalist career after his PM duty is over. Cameron will have a hard time doing that if he is the man who let the UK leave the EU.

That is the redpill reason why he wants us to remain in.
>>
>>72531543
>let the UK leave the EU.

i.e. because leaving the EU would be a slap in the face of globalism.
>>
>>72531491
Welcome to Airstrip One.
>>
>>72531491
Corrupt politicians about sums up the EU
>>
>>72530272

Because the slimy little cunt has already said he won't be going for a third term. And despite what many think of him, he is doing something right that he has already won 2 major elections; The Scottish independence vote and the General Election with a majority. If he keeps Britain in that's 3 massive votes in a row he will have beaten.

He's obviously not done with politics. So he'll probably be going for some EU position next, and being the leader that kept the UK in EU would add some political clout to himself.
>>
Also slightly related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU
>>
How THE FUCK, is Cameron listed as 'Conservative'?
Only a flaming libtard, would want to continue tasting Belgian dick?!
>>
File: 1460835739653.jpg (68 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
1460835739653.jpg
68 KB, 413x600
>>72532466
He heads the Conservative party. He avoided a large defection to UKIP amongst his supporters and party by promising an EU referendum. Consequently, he won an unprecedented majority. Very few political commentators expected such. The probability was given as about the same as Donald Trump president at present.
His party is very divided over the current campaign though, especially with him shilling for remain so hard. It's getting messy, and there will be a purge whatever the outcome.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.