[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have traveled and lived in many parts if Australia. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (35 KB, 382x385) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
35 KB, 382x385
I have traveled and lived in many parts if Australia. I've lived in small coastal towns filled with surfers and druggies, I've lived in small rural towns with country boys and druggies. I've lived in the city as well. And what I've noticed is it doesn't matter where you go in this country, everyone is exactly the same. People in Australia are just nasty pricks with a huge chip on their shoulder. I wondered why this is, you would think that life in Australia is chilled and laid back, but it's not.

I think the reason Australians are like this is not because of our culture but the way our towns and cities are planned out. Our sidewalks can barely take two people walking side by side. Our roads are congested and driving is sometimes like aiming a thread through a needles eye. Our shopping centres have tiny food courts and when they are full of Christmas shoppers you're stuck slowlt walking behind an old person on their mobile scooter. Australians are forced to rub elbows with everyone around them when people need more space. Greedy property developers barely invest in houses anymore, instead we have apartment blocks being built in outerlying suburbs 3 hours away from Sydney. Developers even build apartment blocks in rural and small coastal towns trying to turn it into a miniature gold coast.

Australia is being forced to adapt and look like a world superpower. We will discard our way of life as long as it means we can consume more products and we look like rich people living in Los Angeles.
>>
>>72198514
fuck awf cunt
>>
>>72198514
fucking hell mate, you goons are alright. Here, have an imaginary goon sack to take to the barbie (or Braai if youre a wimpy expat saffir) and put funny hats on emus. Do it just for me, because I want the austrailia I know to be theone portrayed by the song "Land Down Under". You know, the one where everyone is as un-pc as possible, the sloots are sloots, platypuses platypus around all day and Gina Reinheart is beheaded.
>>
>>72198514
>We will discard our way of life as long as it means we can consume more products and we look like rich people living in Los Angeles.

I've only heard that sentiment from north shore yuppies. Real Aussies don't give a fuck.

Most of your gripes can be attributed to population growth sans the infrastructure improvements. Bullshit, but it doesn't put a chip on peoples shoulder. Just pisses them off.

People that I know that have moved out of Sydney say that the quality of person goes up generally. I know this first hand from having grown up in Cairns and lived in Shitney.

You didn't live in Dapto' and Nimbin, did you?
>>
Also, Australians used to be very connected with nature, small towns had a lot of bush and trees around but many are being cut down. Everywhere is copying Sydney and the people are suffering for it. I personally don't like the idea of everyone working in an office, typing on on a computer all day but that's what the majority of jobs are. In Gold Coast alone there is something like 40,000 qualified carpenters who are out of work in their field. The population is getting angrier and angrier and they will lash out if things don't change.
>>
dont most australians live on the coast
>>
File: EagleMerchant.jpg (83 KB, 504x566) Image search: [Google]
EagleMerchant.jpg
83 KB, 504x566
>>72198514
>We will discard our way of life as long as it means we can consume more products and we look like rich people living in Los Angeles.

You're welcome.

Hush now, the ride is only beginning. Just wait for the next rounds of boats.
>>
>>72199673
Nah I've never lived in Nimbin. But I went to Penrith a few months back and saw how much the shopping centre has changed. What pisses me off is you have very poor people in Penrith walking around the shops dressed in plaid shirts and cheap jeans. They obviously feel uncomfortable in that environment but they have no other choice where they can buy their groceries. I hate how consumerism and capitalism is forcing upon the poor people to act like new York yuppies and models. Many Australians are poor and living day to day but everything around them is urging them to act like rich folks!
>>72200234
In cities yes, while small coastal towns are left to suffer because nobody cares if rich Chinese investors come in and buy up all the property creating resorts and apartment blocks changing the culture and attitude of the town.
>>
I agree with you brother. A real cunt of a place.
>>
>>72198514
>Australia is being forced to adapt and look like a world superpower.

by who exactly?
>>
>>72200909
imo australia should spread out but i know you also get crazy wildfires that have taken out whole towns before so you cant just go anywhere

i lived in a coastal city for most of my life and it was fucking shit there was everyone packed together and lots of degenerates during spring break

im glad i moved to a rural area inland
>>
>>72201094
The Government and whoever controls them. The people themselves have no say in what this country does or what happens to it. We only vote for one of the two political parties and hope for the best.
>>
>>72201094
Investors and property developers. They copy American megamalls and resort towns and are trying to apply the same thing here. Foreigners are buying up huge chunks of land to change the face of the nation because they want to appear in vogue and appeal to the average mans greed. Australia is a 2nd world nation trying to masquerade itself as a 1st world nation. Just look at the governments recent deal for 50billion dollars worth of submarines built by the French, they try hard to make themselves relevant, it's complete madness.
>>
>>72201476
australia is one of hte richest nations per capita m8
>>
>>72201582
Doesn't mean shit when we're all miserable.
>>
>>72201582
>>72201674
everything seems so much more expensive in australia compared to greater israel
>>
>>72200909
Fucking this. These types of aussies (many true-blue working class types), want their main streets back, where you have a yarn to the butcher, the fruit seller and the bird at the bakery. But those fellas can't fucking compete with shoping centers.
>>
>>72201582
That's because we have inflated currency and a large population of wealth hoarders. A meal at maccas here costs half the price in the US. Australias economy is being forced to deny this because if it was acknowledged our market would crash overnight. On paper our prices seem to make sense but in reality they do not.
>>
File: 1439672080282.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1439672080282.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>72201445
>The people themselves have no say in what this country does or what happens to it

That seems to be a common theme in the western world these days.

>>72201476

Ironically, malls in the US are dying because of things like Amazon. I do dislike it when people try to copy the US; for all the shitposting you guys do, the internet just wouldn't be the same without Australia.

Of course, I don't think there's anything wrong with having a strong national defense.
>>
>>72201772
I've heard that too. I know some people in Cali, and they say that all electronics are about 10-25% are cheaper there. Your alcohol is half as expensive too.
>>
>>72198514
>Our sidewalks can barely take two people walking side by side.
Not the case in urban Adelaide. Slightly truer in Brisbane/suburban Adelaide. Haven't been to Sydney/Melbourne/rural NSW in a long time so I can't speak for that.

>Our roads are congested and driving is sometimes like aiming a thread through a needles eye.
True in Sydney/Melbourne, not at all true in suburban/rural Brisbane/Adelaide (well, depending on the location, it can get marginally congested during peak hour in Adelaide in suburban areas, but this is only during weekdays, for 2-3 hours a day).

>Our shopping centres have tiny food courts
Not at all true in most shopping centres except from what I remember in urban Brisbane/Melbourne.

Stopped reading here. Half your shit is inaccurate or outright bullshit, especially seeing as you're implying that it is ubiquitously true in Australia.
>>
>>72198514
>stoical
>desperate to be seen as unique and stoical
pick one

It's just an identity crisis cover up identity, most cultures get their identity from influential personalities of history and we have none that direct us away from our ultra dismissive jest... a real cul de sac of values... we have some values that represent the few base elements that amount to being anti-"like anyone else"... we are stereotypically anti-stereotypical, contrarian, very predictably self-assured from the outset, so no external authority is given "permission" to form, even though they may be better.

If our persona does change it will have to be a dramatic one that bounces off our current one neatly enough to leave it behind, but I don't think it will ever come, if it ever has to go truly underground that will cement it more.
>>
The bastard global capatlisim culture itself is fucking up australia just as much as the immigrants. I cant wait untill internet shopping kills those horid sterile malls.
>>
>>72198514
You clearly haven't been outside of NSW so you don't know shit about Australia.
>>
>>72201942
basically anything that is exported to australia is jacked up in price
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.