[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Benevolent Terrorism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Zero.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zero.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
Do you think that terrorists can be fighting for the right things even if it's still terrorism?

How would you feel if someone was using terrorism to liberate the people and or themselves from governments they disagree with?

(Picture related it's Zero from Code Geass, a fictional character I heavily agree with)
>>
>>81514074
everything is right
everything is wrong
fight for everything
believe in nothing
let the madness consume your mind
you are one of us
there is no scape
>>
If you're murdering civilians to get attention for your cause, your cause has to somehow be much more important than the lives and safety of an entire nation. That's a pretty high bar...
>>
>>81514793
That's something that's subjective isn't it? So is it right if I deem it to be? Or is it wrong cause many deem it to be wrong?
>>
>>81514793
This

If you behold life and the preservation of it above all other things. Then you can have a cause that is just.

Every terrorist believes they are in the right for the actions they are doing, even your stupid anime example. Does he have the right though, to end these peoples lives to save other peoples lives that he wishes to keep on living? The same logic can be applied to every school of terrorist thought, that is why they are ultimately wrong and immoral.
>>
>>81514074
Nobody has superpowers in the real world basement dweller.
>>
>>81514074
Breivik
>>
>>81514074
Terrorism should never be supported but universal uprisings are okay.
>>
>>81515586
What is universal uprising? If 100% of people agree its not much of an uprising
>>
>>81514074
Zero was a bitch and he died like a bitch
>>
>>81515180
because offensive homicide is inherently "wrong", there must be an objective bar against which you can justify your act. Once you delve into the world of subjective morality, the only difference between terrorism and self-defense is which side you're on.
>>
File: Death_of_Lelouch.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Death_of_Lelouch.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
>>81516672

I specifically remember Lelouch dying not Zero
>>
>>81517040
But Isn't terrorism just what the bigger army calls the smaller army?
>>
>>81516293
War

If the aggression is against direct perpetrators of the cause (whatever it may be, as long as homicide is objectively justifiable) a resistance force can attack the perpetrators in such a way that they "terrorise" them but at that point is basically guerilla warfare.

So no, "terrorism" is never justified, because if it's justifiable there's likely a better definition that applies.
>>
>>81517112
>Lelouch
>dying
casual pls
>>
>>81514074
Except the liberation of Japan was just a means to an end for him. Is it okay that he concealed his true intentions?
>>
>>81517112
Please don't remind me of that scene

;_;
>>
>(Picture related it's Zero from Code Geass, a fictional character I heavily agree with)

lmao grow the fuck up kid
>>
>>81517885
He did it for the end result
>>
File: Suzaku_Karioke.jpg (140 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
Suzaku_Karioke.jpg
140 KB, 1100x619
If you believe that ends can justify means, then there's nothing stopping you from becoming a monster. You might kill 1,000 babies by bashing them against their mother's heads in order to get what you wanted if you believed it was important enough - and what is there to validate that conviction in the first place? The road to Hell is paved with "good intentions". If we don't distinguish ourselves from our enemies by striving to be moral, then we have no "good" reason to fight them.
>>
>>81517279
Yes, but only in terms of propaganda

If the smaller force isn't specifically targeting non combatants, how is it "terrorism"? That's just a military campaign.
>>
File: image.png (158 KB, 402x405) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158 KB, 402x405
>>81518087
C.C is frigging hot, that is all that matters
>>
Gundam 00 is probably a better example.
>>
File: 1459470260695.png (322 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1459470260695.png
322 KB, 900x900
I don't remember their ever being this many /a/'s on /pol/. Did I just not notice before or did the trump awoos liberate us.
>>
>>81514074
potentially yes. Acts can be branded as terrorism by the people in power who might be in "wrong" but i dont think its aplicable to any current events.
>>
File: kebabremover.jpg (594 KB, 1020x717) Image search: [Google]
kebabremover.jpg
594 KB, 1020x717
>>81514074
no it's a retarded tactic

>remove and replace population
only thing that 100% works
>remove and replace leadership via asemetrical warfare
works for a generation or so see cuba

terrorism might work on cuck states, but not ones full of violent people foaming at the mouth to turn the desert into a sheet of glass.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.