[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of you don't seem to like Veganism. I'm a vegan,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: 1468627877105.jpg (61 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1468627877105.jpg
61 KB, 1000x800
A lot of you don't seem to like Veganism.

I'm a vegan, many of my friends are vegan, I voted for Brexit, I support Trump.

AMA.
>>
fuck off shirt lifter
>>
Nobody cares
>>
>>81454258
Tell us more about how vegan you are

We're all very interested
>>
File: IMG-20160717-WA0011.jpg (64 KB, 610x405) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160717-WA0011.jpg
64 KB, 610x405
>>81454258
>>
>>81454310
>>81454430
>>81454439
>>81454540

Mad meatcucks detected
>>
File: 29938847747.png (1 MB, 1079x1053) Image search: [Google]
29938847747.png
1 MB, 1079x1053
>>81454258

>implying you're worth a conversation
>>
>>81454258
no one cares about veganism faggot, that's just a personal choice. /pol/ only hates vegans when they are liberal douche bags about it. saged and also kys
>>
>>81454258
are you vegan for moral/ethical reasons?
do you subscribe to some utilitarian/hedonistic moral framework?

or is it merely a dietary thing?
>>
File: web-deer.jpg (87 KB, 600x348) Image search: [Google]
web-deer.jpg
87 KB, 600x348
>>81454258
>>
Why
>>
>>81454258
HI GUYS IM VEGAN
you are a meme, shut the fuck up
>>
File: diaz-brothers.jpg (17 KB, 390x270) Image search: [Google]
diaz-brothers.jpg
17 KB, 390x270
So are two of my favorite UFC fighters--pic related. I'm considering going vegan, they say you feel a lot better, is there any truth to this? And also, most of the dishes looks boring af, how do you not get bored after eating grass everyday?
>>
>>81454999
Kinda ethically.

I understand the fact that if I don't buy chicken, someone else will, and the amount of chicken that's being wasted by the industry, my involvement or lack of involvement in consuming meat is irrelevant -- so yeah.

Dietary-wise, it's great, most of my food (milk/meat substitutes) are more than less the calorie content and cost significantly less, although they provide more protein and healthy fats.

I feel morally, I am utilitarian, If I can get my protein from this source, why eat animals, food is simply needed to fuel our bodies in the best way, that's it's primary function, right? Taste is kinda irrelevant,

.. even though a lot of the stuff I do eat tastes great.
>>
>>81455766
I eat Linda Mccartney stuff, it freezes for months, it's very nutritious, it's tasty, and it's less calories than most meat.

Since I gave up meat, I've never felt bloated or disgustingly full, but I've also felt tired due to lack of sugars.
>>
>>81455806
Which substitutes?

And does sustainability play a factor?
>>
>>81456015
I don't eat Quorn because it contains egg-white. Linda Mccartney has a few great sausage/red-meat substitutes.
>>
>>81456015
White meat substitutes are fine, I just tend to stay away from them because they're really just protein with no added nutrition.
>>
>>81455269
I mean, modern society has convinced you all vegan food is expensive/shit and vegans are just dumb hipsters.

It really does have real benefits.
>>
>>81456826
>I mean, modern society has convinced you all vegan food is expensive/shit and vegans are just dumb hipsters.
>It really does have real benefits.

which part of brighton are you from pal
>>
>>81454258
Nothing wrong with having animals for milk, eggs etc if you treat them right
Meat industry is pure W40K demonology in practice, this shit has to stop
>>
It's good to see that there are other vegans on this board. Murder is immoral, but the edgy meatheads here will still attempt to justify their behaviour.
>>
>>81458166
I mean, sure, if you have the animals yourself maybe.

but in order to milk a cow, it needs to be lactating, which means it needs to be pregnant, which means the cow you're getting your milk from is going through a constant cycle of pregnancy. Basically a massive slaneesh rape chamber.

Morally, is that okay?
>>
>>81454258
Veganism isn't related to world politics.

>>>/food/
>>
>>81454258
How does it feel to be both retarded and autistic?
>>
If you own a chicken and it lays an egg, or come across say a wild chicken that has laid an egg, would it be wrong to eat the egg? It would just rot otherwise.
>>
>>81459976
Unfertilized eggs are pretty much fair game.

Unless you think, that industrial unfertilized eggs are made by billions of hens in cages.
>>
>>81459823
Better than being a slav.
>>
>>81454258
The problem with veganism is the lack of nutrients your body requires. Putting an ideology before your health is Jehovah's Witnesses tier.
>>
>>81460714
Well, the thing is, my food costs marginally less, and multivitamins literally cost $10 a month.

I'm not losing anything, really.

Also:

>implying anyone on /pol/ is getting all the nutrients their body requires.
>>
>>81460886
Hold on while I take these multivitamins artificially made in a lab which my body doesn't absorb as well as real food. They help me get in touch with nature.
>>
>>81460714
High gluten flour has like 23 g of protein per 1/4 cup. There's nothing in meat you can't get elsewhere in abundance
>>
>>81461479

While many high protein plants exist, very few single plants have a good essential amino acid profile. Obviously this isn't a big deal by just, you know, eating more than one vegetable (beans+corn being the classical mix). Trouble is a lot of people eat soy for protein, and that kills your gains.
>>
File: 1466985816355.jpg (147 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1466985816355.jpg
147 KB, 800x534
You eat green stuff.
I eat green stuff and red stuff
Don't try to take my red stuff and we don't have a problem.

Nobody really cares about your diet as long as you don't act all self-righteous about it.
>>
>>8146206
If you're a vegan it means you have a variety of sources for everything. You're a retard if you eat only strawberries all day or something.
Oatmeal gives you both methionine and lysine, quinoa as well as other seeds and nuts give you the rest of your acids. Eat peanuts. Eat oats. Blah blah. It's fuckin easy. People eat meat like they listen to pop music, god forbid they widen their horizons and wander to a different part of the fuckin music store
>>
>>81454690
Am I the only one that wants to cut that tube?
>>
>>81464161
This post was meant for
>>81462062
Soy is unnecessary. Soy is a lazy alternative. Almond milk, nutritional yeast for milk and cheese substitute. Eat broccoli to rid your body of estrogen
>>
File: ey mane wanna build sum muscle.jpg (45 KB, 770x554) Image search: [Google]
ey mane wanna build sum muscle.jpg
45 KB, 770x554
>>81454258
Some of us don't want to be twigs

Coincidentally the Hodgetwins tried being vegetarian before and they lost a good amount of mass
>>
>>81463215
>>81463215
which is funny because meatfags act self righteous about eating meat and shit on vegans in like every thread, which incidentally is why this one exists.\

I made this to clear up some misconceptions, not to be self-righteous.
>>
>>81464954
It's a knee-jerk reaction. You made a thread that basically said "Woo look at me I only eat plants and I'm so normal see we plant eaters can tots be normal too". It's like how there's a perceivable difference between gay dudes that are just dude who like dick, and flaming faggots that strip in pride parades.
>>
>>81454439
>LbyFSSAge

>SAge
>>
>>81456826
>Being vegan
>Real benefits

Choose one. The best diet will always be eating a bit of meat, a bit of fish and a bit of vegetables/fruit. Scientifically proven.
>>
>>81465316
I mean, that's true. Can't argue, really.
>>
>>81458616
Your very existence murders animals. Let me explain: Unless you are somehow growing everything you eat its coming from a store or farmers market. As someone who worked on a farm for years I cant tell you the amount of little critters killed by machinery. I know the UK is lacking in wild places but go into REAL nature and see how few shits it gives about murdering and eating your ass.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.