[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post weird shit about your language. >You can say the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: pannonia-kapitany.jpg (148 KB, 1031x573) Image search: [Google]
pannonia-kapitany.jpg
148 KB, 1031x573
ITT: Post weird shit about your language.

>You can say the entire Plane Scene using vowel "e" only.
>>
>>81425799
en sounds an
eau = ô
au = o
ou = ou
ai = è
e-é-è-ê
bunch of other weird sounds.
>>
You're speaking it even though you live in Hungarian Sausage Soup. That's interesting right?
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1100x619
>>81425799
'Als vliegen achter vliegen vliegen vliegen vliegen vliegensvlug' is an actual sentence, same in German.
>>
File: 1289837722155.jpg (378 KB, 960x1800) Image search: [Google]
1289837722155.jpg
378 KB, 960x1800
We have two 'o' that are pronounced the same
We have two 'g' that are pronounced the same
We have four 'ee' (as in "been") that are pronounced the same
We have two 'e' (as in "echo") that are pronounced the same
>>
We have a lot of verb conjugations:
Tenses (I guess it can be called tenses, idk)
1 Present
3 Pasts
2 Futures

Each one of those have 3 types: Indicative, Imperative and Subjunctive.

Each verb has 6 forms of conjugation for each one of the tenses combined with the type.

tl;dr: That's a shit-ton of verbs.
>>
Words like Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung or Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz
>>
>>81425799
We say ho and hoor and anglocucks think we're calling them whore.
>>
>>81425799

May be a bit boring, but English used to be a purely synthetic language but shifted into being mostly analytic and is now shifting back into being synthetic.

Essentially, languages cycle between creating morphemes for meanings that attach onto words, and bleaching the meanings of the words and morphemes together. English used to be morpheme heavy, then the morphemes merged into the words because when people speak in conversation it is sloppy, then (for political reasons) french and scadi were pushed in (at different times) and now the words are losing meaning as they continue to get shorter (as spoken) which is leading to the over-extension of morphemes and will eventually, probably, lead to more morphemes being created.

Also, we have two morpheme sets - germanic ones and latin ones.
>>
nothing
>>
"ll" sounds like a cat hissing abrasively, it also a single letter along with ch, dd, ff, ng, ll, ph, rh, th, all single letters
>>
You can finish every sentence with the word cunt.
>>
>>81427644
Don't you mean HKKKO and HHHHKOOR, Marco?
>>
We have dual, related to the ancient Sanskrit form
>>
>>81427233
Just like German.
>>
>>81427851
I don't even know what that is
>>
>>81427150
>We have four 'ee' (as in "been") that are pronounced the same
>We have two 'e' (as in "echo") that are pronounced the same
So you have six vowels that are all pronounced the same?
>>
>>81428094
In Greek, the "eh" and "ee" sounds have different letters.
>>
>>81427844
That's bullshit cunt
>>
>>81425799
Can you transcribe the plane scene for us?
>>
>weird shit about your language
The whole language
>>
File: 1468515953623.jpg (16 KB, 634x450) Image search: [Google]
1468515953623.jpg
16 KB, 634x450
>>81427851
>>81427644

[got the joke]
>>
>>81428216
But he said ee as in been.
>>
File: 1459090258.jpg (177 KB, 1200x926) Image search: [Google]
1459090258.jpg
177 KB, 1200x926
Conjugation in Finnish is pretty wacky.
You can embed so much stuff inside a single word, and I don't mean like in German where you just smash words together.
e.g kirjoittelisinkohan = I wonder if I should start writing
>>
It's actually easier to learn danish than you would think, because we only pronounce half of the words. You can kinda give trying if you don't know how to a word, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>81426889
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
>>
>>81428086
Thats how you pronounce "H"
>>
My language sounds like italian and looks like russian.
>>
>>81425799
yeah nah cunt
>>
>>81425799
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet once.

English, with 180, has the most palindromes after Finnish, 239
>>
I wonder what the easiest language to learn is. I heard Korean is pretty easy
>>
>>81428373
Have you ever heard a Brit pronounce "been?" They often say it like "bean." That's probably what he meant. Unless he meant "bean" in the first place and misspelled it because his country can't afford a proper education any more.
>>
>>81428218
but i believe it cunt
>>
>>81425799
Our "yes" and "no" don't work the same as English (at least).

It's hard to translate the difference, and the way the language structures questions, you wouldn't notice it, but "yes" is not "yes", it is "it is", "they are", "I will" or something that answers the verb in the question, not a universal "on/off" switch.

The words for "yes" and "no", "tá" and "níl" (thaw and kneel) mean, devoid of context, "is" and "is not", so when you ask a question like in the ballot papers, where both languages are present like "do you want to make Ireland great again?", you would say in English "yes" or "no", but in Irish you can't just say "tá" and "níl", you have to extend the sentence to "yes I do" or "no I don't" (at the least).
The way Irish is taught here (by the state, the least effective people for the job), and the kind of resentment people have at being made to learn it (which is pretty gay desu), a lot of people just latch onto a few Irish words and phrases, but don't get any of the subtleties of the actual spoken language, so they still put "Tá" and "Níl" on the ballot papers, even though that means either butchering them in the Irish language context, or warping the question around so that monolingual plebs will recognise "these are the words for yes and no", rather than being left scrathing their heads at the ballot box, wondering what kind of secret code is being transmitted in Irish when there are three words on the part of the paper where the English equivalent is "yes".

It's a bit fucked up tbqh.
I'm interested whether other European languages (particularly Indo-European languages) have that issue.

>>81427844
Top kek cunt.
>>
>>81428674
Spanish is the easiest one.
>>
>>81428540
That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is
>>
File: 666.png (235 KB, 745x1500) Image search: [Google]
666.png
235 KB, 745x1500
>>81425799
Don't even get me started!
>>
>>81428675
Isn't that just the cancuckistani pronunciation? I thought brits used an even shorter e than us there.
>>
>>81428749
also
>James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher
>>
1/2

Ahora me explico las quejas de los extranjeros por sus dificultades con nuestras acepciones. Un ejemplo de la riqueza del lenguaje castellano es el número y acepciones de una simples palabra, como puede ser la muy conocida y frecuentemente utilizada referencia a los atributos masculinos, "cojones".

Si va acompañada de un numeral, tiene significados distinto según el número utilizado. Así, "uno" significa "caro o costoso" (valía un cojón), "dos" significa "valentía" (tenía dos cojones), "tres" significa "desprecio" (me importa tres cojones), un número muy grande más "par" significa "dificultad" (lograrlo me costo mil pares de cojones).

El verbo cambia el significado. "Tener" indica "valentía" (aquella persona tiene cojones), aunque con signos exclamativos puede significar "sorpresa" (¡tiene cojones!); "poner" expresa un reto, especialmente si se ponen en algunos lugares (puso los cojones encima de la mesa).
>>
>>81427441
why?
does anyone actually use these words?
>>
>>81428863
2/2

También se los utiliza para apostar (me corto los cojones), o para amenazar (te corto los cojones). El tiempo del verbo utilizado cambia el significado de la frase. Así, el presente indica "molestia o hastío" (me toca los cojones), el reflexivo significa "vagancia" (se tocaba los cojones), pero el imperativo significa "sorpresa" (¡tócate los cojones!). Los prefijos y sufijos modulan su significado: "a-" expresa "miedo" (acojonado), "des-" significa "cansancio o risa" (descojonado), "-udo" indica "perfección" (cojonudo), y "-azo" se refiere a la "indolencia o abulia" (cojonazo).

Las preposiciones matizan la expresión. "De" significa "éxito" (me salió de cojones)" o "cantidad" (hacía un frío de cojones), "por" expresa "voluntariedad" (lo haré por cojones), "hasta" expresa "límite de aguante" (estoy hasta los cojones), "con" indica "valor" (era un hombre con cojones) y "sin", "cobardía" (era un hombre sincojones).

Es distinto el color, la forma, la simple tersura o el tamaño. El color violeta expresa "frío" (se me quedaron los cojones morados), la forma, "cansancio" (tenía los cojones cuadrados), pero el desgaste implica "experiencia" (tenía los cojones pelados de tanto repetirlo).

Es importante el tamaño y la posición (tiene dos cojones grandes y bien plantados); sin embargo hay tamaño máximo (tiene los cojones como los del caballo de Espartero) que no puede superarse, porque entonces indica "torpeza o vagancia" (le cuelgan, se los pisa, se sienta sobre ellos, e incluso necesita una carretilla para llevarlos).

La interjección "¡cojones!" significa "sorpresa", y cuando uno se halla perplejo los solicita (manda cojones). En ese lugar reside la voluntad y de allí surgen las órdenes (me sale de los cojones).

En resumen, será difícil encontrar una palabra, en castellano o en otros idiomas, con mayor número de acepciones.
>>
>>81428637
but it uses 'o' many times?
>>
>>81428691
To clarify the point, "tá" and "níl" literally can be used in sentences as "is" and "is not".

For example, imagine if "yes" was part of the verb "to be". It would lead to sentences like:

"Yes a dog in the neighbour's garden".

instead of

"There is a dog in the neighbour's garden".
>>
>>81428674

English

If you already know English then Dutch or Afrikaans is piss-easy
>>
>>81425799

You got my attention. Do it.
>>
>>81428869
you probably have heard of the "german ordnung"
that's part of it. it describes shit pretty accurate.
most of those words are bureaucracy nonsense, so you see them from time to time if you do a lot of paperwork with officals.
>>
>>81425799
Mivan ?
Én azt mondom h főzelék
thats a weird ass word
>>
>>81425799
It's not croatian, but way of speaking around Split. We can communicate using only vowels and gestures.
>>
pszczyna
>>
>>81429819
And in croatian there are words without vowels
>>
>>81428540
>Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
What an unintelligible niggerism.
>>
cunt = friend
mate = enemy
>>
>>81428675
>>81428373
With "ee" he meant "i" as in idiot you non-phonetic fucks.
Greek has short and long vowels that have a different symbol in addiction to 5 different accents.
>>
>>81429907
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo
>>
>>81429819
ae
>>
>>81425799
We have three vowels not found in english. moot really hated one of them apparently because it's wordfiltered to o.
>>
>>81425799
>Intonation and context is more important for comprehension than correct grammar.
>>
>i before e except after c
>science

checkmate atheists
>>
It's quicker to say "world wide web" than it is to say "www"
>>
The current standard American accent is the original British accent.
>>
>>81427233
Same for all latin languages more or less
>>81428869
They just do away with spaces and prepositions, chocolate cookies becomes Schokoladenkekse it might look intimidating but if you know how to break the words its exactly the same or even simpler.
>>
>>81428869
Because in German you just combine words into one.
For example Ski mask is Skimaske - and there is basically no limit to that.
>>
>>81430322
That's weird
>>
Shit ton of words don't eve have vowels or have one in 6 letter words
>>
Kuusi palaa

Let google translate have fun with that
>>
>>81425799
You can say "Yeah, no, probably" and that will mean "no".
>>
Eichhörnchen and Eishörnchen

This for whatever reason triggers German lerners.
>>
>>81431680
we don't even need to start describe our language here, Ivan.
it's good only for us, and requires our mentality for understanding.
>>
>>81431680
it will say "i'd like do do that, but i don't sure in it"
>>
>>81425799
We can comunicate exclusively with the word "weon" and the different conjugations:
Weon, esa weona es mas weona, cree cualquier wea.
>dude, that girl is dumb, she believes anything

Que wea weon?
Depends of the context and the tone
>What's going on dude or what the fuck motherfucker

And so on
>>
KURWA- means in this language absolutely everything. You can say it when you are angry, happy, excited, sad, bored, intrested etc etc. Most universal word in the World
>>
Vittu is an ancient word for the female genitalia but now has the literal meaning of "cunt". Linguistically, it is used similar to how 'fuck' is used in English to add force to a statement or express frustration. Often considered extremely profane, its usage is nowadays not only limited to teenager slang, but is often used as an emphasis in a forceful or frustrated utterance or expression, as in mitä vittua? "what the fuck?". Other common phrases with vittu include voi vittu ("Oh fuck"), (ja) vitut! ("The fuck you say!" / "Bullshit!", lit. "(and) cunts"); haista vittu ("fuck you!", lit. "(go) smell (a) cunt"; painu (hevon) vittuun ("fuck off", lit. "go crawl up a (horse's) cunt"); olla naama norsun vitulla, (lit. "to have one's face like the elephant's cunt", meaning to be sour and unfriendly).
Entire sentences can be constructed using these combinations "Vittu, vituttaa niin vitusti" (Fuck this, I'm so fucking pissed off) etc. Occasionally, one hears more colorful constructions, such as Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi! (paraphrased, "Holy fucking shit!" or literally "The spring of cunts and the late winter of dicks!"). Notably, vittu is also used as an energetic mood, as in "vitun iso" ("fucking big") or "Mä meen vittu sinne" ("I'm (really) fucking going there") or to declare a negative outcome, as in meni vituiksi ("(smth.) was fucked up"). Similar-sounding euphemistic replacements include hitto (see above), vitsi or hitsi. Also kettu ("fox"), vattu ("raspberry") and pottu (potato) are often used as replacement words due to their rhyming with vittu. Several verbs and adjectives have also been derived from vittu: vituttaa technically means "to want/need some cunt", though the meaning of it is actually something like "to feel angry and depressed", vittuuntua "to get angry", vittumainen an adjective for "annoying". In more polite conversation these derivations can be done from the euphemism kettu: ketuttaa, kettumainen etc.
>>
>>81428792
How do you differentiate them? Pronunciation?
>>
>>81432993
the pronounciation is the exact same. context determines meaning.
>>
The whole Finnish language is pretty weird
>>
File: 1452469086585.jpg (221 KB, 766x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452469086585.jpg
221 KB, 766x1024
>>81431256

That rule is famous for having more exceptions than it does examples.
>>
>>81428396
>>81433131
This is truly crazy. I thought about learning a Scandinavian language but now I'm going with Swedish
>>
you can put -je, -tje or -pje at the end of a noun and the word "shrinks" and becomes cute.
For example, "boom" which is tree becomes "boompje" which would translate to small tree or little tree in English.
or "nikker" would become "nikkertje" which would translate to little nigger.

I really miss this in English, sometimes I cannot express the same nuances because of it.
>>
>>81428959
You will never perfect Dutch, however.
>>
File: 1456696146047_b.png (372 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456696146047_b.png
372 KB, 1280x720
Hae lakkaa satamasta kun lakkaa satamasta.
Get lacquer from the port when the rain stops
>>
In Scots, all double-positives are negatives.

>Aye right
>Yeah yeah
>Okay, sure

All of these mean "Whatever, I don't believe that"
>>
>>81426473

gn = ny
>>
>>
>>81433590
Swedish and german have alot of common words
>>
>>81434015
All germanic languages do.
>>
>>81433605

Isn't the suffix -let, as in niglet or manlet, good enough for you?
>>
>>81428396
>showing off made up words that only exist in theory because you can put suffixes after each other practically till the end of times, but no one uses these words, ever
>muh megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért
>>
>>81433773
Kokoo koko kokko kokoon. Koko kokkoko kokoon? Koko kokko kokoon.
Put together the whole bonfire. The whole bonfire together? The whole bonfire together.

Keksijä Keksi keksittiin keksimään keksi. Keksijä Keksi keksi keksin. Keksittyään keksin, keksijä Keksi keksi keksin keksityksi.
Inventor Cookie was invented to invent a cookie. Inventor Cookie invented a cookie. After inventing the cookie, inventor Cookie invented that a cookie was invented.

Epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän
Not even by his own lack of disorganization, do you suppose?
>>
>>81428434
rodgrod med flode XD
>>
>>81425799
Japanese is actually easier than Polish, if you get over the runes.
>>
spell icup
>>
>>81434179

This sounds like a weird bird that should've gone south for the winter, but couldn't and is now freezingly rambling like a madman in his deathbed.
>>
>>81428675
Chill dude he probably just made a typo
>>
>>81433860
F A I R LY U N C O M O N N O N
A
I
R
L
Y

U
N
C
O
M
M
O
N
>>
>>81425799
In French, "male" and "evil"/"wrong" are the same word
>>
An example of Australian and Aboriginal language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAhwOcSf1R8
>>
>>81425799
How R, Z and J sound
>>
>>81434015
I know that a "flashight" is ficklampa in swedish. Which means in german something like "fuck lamp"
>>
>>81434459
>>81434459
>In French, "male" and "evil"/"wrong" are the same word
explains a lot
>>
>>81434015
>Swedish and german have alot of common words
Also common culture
>>
>>81434104
yeah the green section, sure
>>
<wbr>̗͚̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷<wbr>҉̵̧̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚͡͝<wbr>̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̧<wbr>̵̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚̭̣͡͝>͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̵̧̝<>̜̤̘͓̗
҉̷҉̵̧̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦͡͝<<wbr>̗͚̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷<wbr>҉̵̧̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚͡͝<wbr>̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̧<wbr>̵̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚̭̣͡͝<wbr>͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̵̧̝<wbr>̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍</b
҉̷҉̵̧̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦͡͝<wbr>̗͚̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷<wbr>҉̵̧̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚͡͝<wbr>̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̧<wbr>̵̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚̭̣͡͝<wbr>͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̵̧̝<wbr>̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍</br>̗͚̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷<w>҉̵̧̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚͡͝<w>̭̣͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̧r>̵̝̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍͐͌̅͛̊͂ͪ̊͋͑͒̅҉̸̸̖̳̦̗͚̭̣͡͝<wbr>͍̹͔̜̭̱͔̞̻͙͙͛͒̏ͤ̐͊͊̄͆̓͒́ͫ̍̓̐̍͑҉̷҉̵̧̝<wbr>̜̤̘͓̗͙̣͚͍</b
>>
There are four national languages
>german
For written communication, we use standard German (except for a few words, usually loan words from French), but German isn't a native language, we have to learn it in school. In pretty much any situation, we speak Swiss German, which to a German speaker sounds like you speak with funny words, with funny sounds and have throat cancer, and to someone who doesn't speak German sounds like you're speaking Danish/Swedish/Norwegian, say "Lee" a lot, and have throat cancer.
Also, to further fuck it up, there are dozens of regional variations of Swiss German, but the differences are fairly small.
>French
Is almost exactly the same as French spoken in France, we tend to pronounce vowels a bit longer, but that's it.
>Italian
Supposedly speak with a very funny accent, even compared to northern Italy, but is perfectly understandable too.
>Rumantsch
Spoken by ~20k people natively, basically a mix of old Italian, old German, with fucked up shit, left to rot in a valley for 500 years.
An Italian reading it (or being spoken to very slowly) will be able to understand the general meaning of the sentence.
Here too, there are a dozen of regional variations, but two main ones account for ~80% of speakers.
>>
"meme" means "tits" in turkish
>>
>>81425799

Calling someone a bastard is a positive thing and a sign of envy and praise
>>
>>81435051
I love meme.
>>
>>81434972
I giggled a little
>>
>>81435051
Probably has the same origin as mammary
>>
>>81425799
we rape the german language on a daily basis
>>
These three fucks: æ o å
>>
>>81435051
What is the turkish word for mother?
>>
>>81434459
no...mâle et mal

just pronunced the same but different words
>>
>>81434520
Jesus
>>
"ananasaldirdim" can both mean "i made someone buy ananas" and "i sexually assaulted your mother"
>>
File: 15481548.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
15481548.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>81435441
no way dude
>>
>>81434520
I could barely understand the abo.
>>
>>81435441
anne siken?
>>
In Serbian you can use 4 same words to make a complete sentence that makes sense.

Gore gore gore gore.
Above the mountains burn worse(Mountains burn badly on high altitude)

There is also extension
Gore gore gore gore neg sto gore gore dole.
Above the mountains burn worse than the mountains that burn below.

There is only slight change in accent, so it confuses even me when I try to say it.
>>
In french "o" "au" "eau" "eaux" "aux" are all pronounced the same., "en" "an" are pronouced the same, "in" "un" "hein" and somtimes "ain" are all pronounced the same
>>
>>81428396
Kek, that seems a hard language to learn
>>
File: giphy.gif (528 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
528 KB, 160x160
>>81435441
Oh my god it's actually fucking true

ananasaldirdim is I made someone buy ananas and anana saldirdim is I sexually assaulted your mother

holy shit
>>
>>81425799
Nife is spelled with k and ugg ugg I don't get
>>
>>81434520
gary just chillin in the back lmao
>>
>>81429907

Belgian dogs bully belgian dogs (that) belgian dogs bully.

buffalo is a city and an animal and a way to bully someone.
>>
>>81435499
>>81435581
this guy here has proof:
>>81435738

gotta love turkish language :3
>>
>>81435605
"e", "es", "et", "ets" are too
French is just full of this stupid shit, there's tons more
>>
>>81435826
I don't even understand how that's possible mate, it's just magical.
>>
>>81435441
>>81435738
what the fuck are you roaches up to
>>
Uzbek is always confused for Turkish when I speak it and people think I am talking nonsense, it's extremely embarassing.

(I'm from Uzbekistan and live in New Zealand)
>>
>>81435899
after finding out "dyn du" means nigger in welsh I acknowledged that Kek is fucking with us
>>
>>81435902
Do it on google translate dude you'll see, fuck my sides are gone.
>>
>>81434459
To me they're pronounced very differently.
>>
>>81435961
tohumlu esrar misin?
>>
vowels are fun
>hääyöaie

also diphthongs
>Suomen kouluissa hiukan ihaillaan syksyisinä työpäivinä meidän poikien höyläystöiden kauneutta.
>>
>>81436014
KANKA
>>
our spelling makes no sense.
>>
>>81425799

>"Island, island, grassy island; grassy island's maiden."

In Finnish
>"Saari, saari, heinäsaari; heinäsaaren neito."

In Swedish
> "Ö, ö, hö-ö; hö-ö mö"
>>
A person from duhok cant understand what a person from erbil is saying.
Even though the cities are 2 hours away from each other.
Kurdish is weird
>>
File: 735.gif (27 KB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
735.gif
27 KB, 290x189
>>81436104
>translate dude
>get kanka
>translate dude weed
>get dostum ot

what the fuck mate
>>
>>81433782
That's sarcasm, you retard.
>>
>>81436104
haha, bi resim at :3
>>
>>81425799

mi a faszomat ugatsz bazdmeg?
>>
>>81431806
>Eichhörnchen
What's the logic behind it, hat does eich mean?
Scoglio and scoiattolo are also hard to pronounce coincidentally.
>>
>>81436345
kanka - dude
ot - weed
lmao - lmao
>>
French is weirdly patriarchal. I noticed it as a kid but never really cared about it.
Pronouns in french are similar to those in english except for groups.
Je = I
Tu il/elle He/her
But the plural of her/her, in english, does not exist, you only have a neutral group. Like 'Them' or 'Those'.
In French, it's 'ils' for masculine and 'elles' for feminine.

What's interesting is that a group of guys is 'ils' while a group of girls is 'elles'. However, if a single guy joins a group of girls, it goes from 'elles' to 'ils'. And the reverse does not work. A thousand girls can join a group of two guys and it'll remain 'ils'.
>>
Y'all niggers need try to form a sentence using vowels only.

Oaia aia e a ei.
(That sheep is hers.)
>>
>>81434397
NEWFAG
E
W
F
A
G
>>
>>81434335
My sides are in another galaxy
>>
>>81428924
At least once*
>>
There is no word for "victory" in french
>>
>>81436607
whats dostum then?

>>81436362
fuck I'm trying hard on this one but I can't figure it out
>>
> She hears her voice.

In English and German, it could mean that she hears her own or someone else's voice.
The only language I know who can distinguish between those two meanings is Latin.
Can your language do it?
>>
>>81436287
Beacuse there is no Kurdish language. There are isolate inbred peasants in mountains who developed their own language from Persian.

Only Zaza have their own separete language.

Your own clan chiefs are arming you in order to get economical benefit from oil, drug traffic, prostitution.
>>
>>81435941

Just how similar are Uzbek and Turkish? I mean they are a long way from each other.
>>
Њ
>>
>>81436767
KANKA
>>
>takin
>tekin
>tikin
>tokin
>tukin
>tykin
>täkin
>tökin
>>
>>81425799
"Read" and "reed" are pronounced the same, but then so are "read" and "red." 0.0
>>
>>81431680
Ah, the good ol' "Дa нeт нe знaю". When I was a kid, and when I was far more fluent in Russian, I never really took much notice of that sentence. Never really questioned it until my father asked how odd it was that it was so.
>>
>>81436936
OT
>>
>>81436645

exact same for spanish
>>
File: uwetla.jpg (22 KB, 722x253) Image search: [Google]
uwetla.jpg
22 KB, 722x253
>>81436763
So what's this, Pierre?
>>
>>81436767
"dost" has two meaninfs
1- really close friend
2- girlfriend who is living with you without marrige.
dostum - my really close friend.

Young people say kanka, everyone say dost.
>>
>>81437018
Notice how Google translate gives you more options if you type "surrender" than "victory" to translate to French.
>>
File: eichhörnchen.jpg (67 KB, 652x744) Image search: [Google]
eichhörnchen.jpg
67 KB, 652x744
>>81436577
it means squirrel and is basically a belittlement of the [zool.] 'Eichhorn'. Which originates from the word 'Eiche'(oak)
>>
>>81436989
French and spanish are very similar, so I'm not surprised.
It's probably due to the latin roots but I don't know enough to know.
>>
File: 1324182733369.png (837 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1324182733369.png
837 KB, 600x600
>>81434179
>>
>>81436971
LMAO
>>
>>81425799
>looks and sounds like türkish.
>autisically love the "e"
>totally not finn. totally not mongol. totally not türk.

TÖPÖRÖDÖTT TÖRPÖRDÖGÖK TI BÜDÖS CIGÁNY KURVÁKOK :-DD
>>
>>81430322
>>81431256
When two vowels go walking the first one does the talking
>>
>>81437045
oh so it's like the proper way of saying it

>>81437188
shitposting in turk should be a thing
>>
>>81437018
archaic, unused for centuries
>>
>>81433411
Nazi fetishists are weird.
>>
File: 609.jpg (55 KB, 737x414) Image search: [Google]
609.jpg
55 KB, 737x414
>>81436822
welp, Finnish doesn't even have male/female pronouns
>>
File: iwtft.png (9 KB, 389x346) Image search: [Google]
iwtft.png
9 KB, 389x346
>when /int/ leaks onto /pol/
>>
>>81437233
Nice.
>>
>>81437240
let's spread paranoia that every murrican aussie etc is actually turkish diaspora xd
>>
Zarya in overwatch is actually pronounced as Zaryá, the R sound is similiar to R in REE
>>
>>81431680
Fucking this, Your language is literally a language with rules that always have exceptions.
When i studied it sometimes i found myself pondering about what the actual fuck did i just read multiple times.
>>
>>81437445
Zará
fix
>>
>>81425799
As far as I know, English is the only modern language with such an emphasis on non-phonetic spelling - bricks instead of brix, knife instead of nife, that kind of thing.
>>
File: latest.jpg (124 KB, 483x751) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
124 KB, 483x751
>>
>>81437378
Nothing is leaking in here.

Everything belongs to us.

Every other boards are /pol/'s rightful clay.

>>81437426
If only there could be a few other madmen with us shitposting in turks I'm pretty everyone would loose their shit and think the board has been taken over.
>>
File: ae0XEMp_700b_v2.jpg (81 KB, 540x1537) Image search: [Google]
ae0XEMp_700b_v2.jpg
81 KB, 540x1537
Stupid shit like this, but for some reason it just werks.
>>
>>81425799
Some people just make a schh sound which means yes, Espescially in Northern Sweden.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URgdIAz4QNg
>>
>>81436577
Eich comes from Eiche the tree squirrels live on.
>>
File: 1456674935776.jpg (48 KB, 365x444) Image search: [Google]
1456674935776.jpg
48 KB, 365x444
>>81437484

why would someone lie on the internet?
>>
>>81437617
I'm okay with this.

Points.
>>
File: als.png (127 KB, 363x486) Image search: [Google]
als.png
127 KB, 363x486
there are more umlauts in one paragraph of albanian than perhaps an entire novel book written in german
>>
>>81437598
angry attention desperate aussies and murrifats will leave and canadians anglos spanish sissies will inherit this place :3 *rubs hands*
>>
>>81437617
We have simular stuff, For instance Val means election but also whale, and choice.
Context is always important in languages.
>>
>>81434520
I can't understand either.

kyrie giveai gelleidenit
what was i been, again
gah what a reek
you guyse alright
yeaah need help, ehlp
yeah what d'ya need
ere some water
any toots? I'm ravin Nelson
Nelsolan?
Nah I've got nice Marx
gary got a fews up his here butt but he's going to have to shear them up first
Wa care have you tootsaroos?
Nahah mate you just got some chips
you're warse than gary, see ya later
looks likeaaa rayman caught up to us
faaa noise keychange hay gary

Even the bits that I understand makes no sense, what does he shear from the butt of the goat? Is ravin Nelson his nickname? Is the goat owner a Marxist? What are tootsaroos?
>>
File: cockroach.jpg (112 KB, 1257x1018) Image search: [Google]
cockroach.jpg
112 KB, 1257x1018
>>81435051
Fun fact: Your language can only be spoken through your antenna
>>
>>81437785
It's gonna turn in dragon vore threads spam after a week

>>81437904
Oh that's why I had trouble translating it
>>
File: 1463814857126.jpg (44 KB, 374x497) Image search: [Google]
1463814857126.jpg
44 KB, 374x497
>>81437904
The eternal Aussie strikes again.
I fucking love you guys haha.
>>
inte direkt = not direct = not exactly
>>
File: RJku8l7.png (115 KB, 315x224) Image search: [Google]
RJku8l7.png
115 KB, 315x224
Letters Þ and Ð are pronounced the same, Ð is only used as the final letter of some words, Þ in the beginning. Það.
>>
>>81437995
we should fight the spam with feminization captions & traps :^)
>>81437999
"hope they dont find out i enjoy brown dick"
>>
>>81428674
Korean and Japanese are pretty logical. Korean alphabet can be learned more or less in a day or two. I'd say Japanese is easier to learn to speak because pronunciations are simpler. But either way there are very few exceptions to the grammatical rules
>>
"Baba ba ba?" means "Going down?" or "Getting off?"
>>
File: expresoes-portuguesa-lusitanas.jpg (109 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
expresoes-portuguesa-lusitanas.jpg
109 KB, 600x589
Where the portugas at?

Explain to me why you started using você instead of vós and tu.
>>
>>81438095
POST MORE ANZU
>>
>>81438095
Salty, This is /pol/ if you can't handle the banter don't come here.
>>
>>81425799
>>
File: Finnish_pronouns.jpg (334 KB, 1358x648) Image search: [Google]
Finnish_pronouns.jpg
334 KB, 1358x648
People learning Finnish should be happy that we don't have gender-specific pronouns.

Would be a nightmare to deal with this PC garbage.
>>
>>81438150
you were bantering? it's so hard to tell
>>81438145
ew
>>
>>81436682
well he did say fairly.
>>
>>81438095
can anyone translate antenna for me plz?
>>
>>81437373
In reality we don't even have a distinction between a thing ("it", "se") and a person ("he"/"she", "hän") as the word for a person, "hän", is never used in spoken language.
>>
File: PIGLIPPINES.jpg (1 MB, 1224x864) Image search: [Google]
PIGLIPPINES.jpg
1 MB, 1224x864
>>81438122
"Bababa ba?"
>>
>>81435341
Anne, ana.
>>
>>81437866
Here we are coming up to Laverton
And ah look one of the locals up here, what you reckon?
Fuck, what a rig!
You guys alright?
Yeah um, can you help, help?
Yeah what do you need?
Here's some water
Chips, um um bread with medicine?
Smokes or what?
Nah, I got no smokes
Gary's got a few cigarette butts but he's gonna have to shit them out first
Well can I get some chips from you?
Nah mate you've just had some chips
You're worse than Gary
See ya later
Looks like Romans caught up to us
Fuaaark nice gear change hey Gary
>>
>>81438243
No shit. Feminists are trying to replace gender-specific pronouns with 'x' like:
>Ela gosta daquele garoto. (She likes that boy.)
>Elx gosta daquelx garotx. (booga booga)

Does Estonian have gender-specific pronouns? I heard they have a ton of feminists.
>>
>>81438095
Begone!
>>
English has the largest amount of words of any major language. It's probably due to the fact that we borrow so many from other languages and it's existed in so many forms.
>>
>>81437101
>eichkatzchen
The nature of the deutsche is to look at what's obviously a rodent and call it a cat

Handschuhe is another great example.
>>
>>81425799
Çekoslovakyalılaştırabilemediklerimizdenmisiniz?
>>
>>81438323
It says that i don't have any petrol glue or cigs so you hop away.
>>81438456
would've worked if you weren't to sniff it all
>>
>>81425799
We've cucked the entire world into speaking it.
>>
>>81428895
Todo hablando de cojones, BTW
He visto agua en Murica, viva Murcia y Jumillla
>>
Modern English is quite literally the language of rape babies. Normans and Nords fucked both the Anglo's women and their language.
>>
Muvaffakiyetsizleştiricileştiriveremeyebileceklerimizdenmişsinizcesineyken is the longest word in Turkish.
>>
File: conjugations.png (117 KB, 800x3400) Image search: [Google]
conjugations.png
117 KB, 800x3400
>>81427233
cute
>>
>>81438573
Fuck u and ur imperialism, Spanish is better u guiri
>>
muvaffakiyetsizleştiricileştiriveremeyebileceklerimizdenmişsinizcesine

It was one sencence.
>>
>>81434179
Two of those sentence are complete gibberish though.
>>
>>81437617
Also same for all latin languages bar local exceptions.
>>
>>81428895
TL;DR no hablas español
>>
Dutch is a very nice language to listen too
People genuinely Enjoy our guttural sounds
>>
File: bug.jpg (12 KB, 563x327) Image search: [Google]
bug.jpg
12 KB, 563x327
>>81438570
once again, does any other flag know these weird characters im seeing?
>>
>>81437621
>swedish literally suckers
can't make this shit up fàm
>>
File: file.jpg (52 KB, 540x600) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
52 KB, 540x600
>>81428863
>>81428895
>never learned spanish
>still can understand 90% of what you posted
>>
File: v1.jpg (281 KB, 567x692) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
281 KB, 567x692
>>81425799
One letter = one sound
You write exactly as you talk, you read exactly as it's written
>>
>>81426889

Wenn Fliegen fliegend fliegen, fliegen fliegende Fliegen fliegenden Fliegen fliegend hinterher.
>>
>>81438777
ML;NLHL El español es la lengua final, todos deberian estar hablandola y viva Murcia me cague en la puta
>>
File: kutya_meme_ps_2.png (447 KB, 2030x1079) Image search: [Google]
kutya_meme_ps_2.png
447 KB, 2030x1079
>>81438648
>>
>>81438846
must be some good chinese meth
>>
>>81436939
Mitös "tokin" tarkottaa
>>
>>81428542
>>81427851
>>81428321

that's how we pronounce G, we pronounce H's the same as in english

the joke doesn't work
>>
>>81438400
That's fucking unreal.
Why does he call the abos romans?
What's bread with medicine?
>>
>>81438846
Some jokes aren't funny when you do it twice.
>>
>>81427836
welsh?
>>
>>81427947
but we have 6 forms of time

Präsens
Perfekt
Imperfekt or Präteritum
Plusquamperfekt
Futur 1
Futur 2

we just love to make things hard to learn
>>
>>81439034
murreversio tuokin sanasta.
>>
>>81439109
his memory dies every second he takes a huff from the bag so he laughs at it every single time.
>>
>>81439101
Autocorrect, his name is Raymond

He wanted chips or bread to take some medicine.

Never knew our accent was that hard to understand. Do you hear spoken English often?
>>
>>81439034
>>81439160
monikon instruktiivi sanasta "tokka" eli ihan legit
>>
>>81439147
Yours is easy compared to Spanish
34 verbal forms for each verb
Pasado perfercto simple
Imperfecto
Pluscuamperfecto
Anterior
Presente Simple
Futuro...
By three tenses: Indicativo, Subjuntivo e Imperativo+Condicional
TL; DR, Spanish is fucking complete and hardcore
>>
If I was Polish i'd say that my language is the ugliest in the world, it's a parody of Russian and consists almost entirely of the sounds Ж, Ш aнд Ы.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiced_palato-alveolar_sibilant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_palato-alveolar_sibilant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yery
>>
>>81439420
Yours isn't particulary the best
>>
File: 1462640936064.png (55 KB, 1302x1056) Image search: [Google]
1462640936064.png
55 KB, 1302x1056
>>81434520
I could understand both of them with no problem, is it only hard for non native English speakers?
>>
>>81425799
In Australia, you can use any instance of an onomatopoeia (in particular, a word you made up on the spot) to describe something, and it would be valid.

For example, you could say that peanut butter feels 'smolodgery', and it would be perfectly valid, though very informal.
>>
I dunno, the fact that it's very gender dependent kinda strange for me. Although if some SJW butthead wanted to push his over-9000-genders agenda, he would need not only come up with pronouns, but also add thousands of new words for them - basically, rewrite whole language. Which is funny.
Thing i don't get about English - why the fuck the way you write words and the way you say them differs so much? It fucking hurts!
>>81427441
Teтpaгидpoпиpaнилциклoпeнтилтeтpaгидpoпиpидoпиpидинoвыe
>>
>>81433131
You should consider having more nouns
>>
File: puhuva_koira.jpg (67 KB, 720x505) Image search: [Google]
puhuva_koira.jpg
67 KB, 720x505
>törkylempijävongahdus
a pangram that includes all the native sounds/phones (excludes bcfqwxzå) and each letter appears only once
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.