[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When political correctness happened in usa? I didn't happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1833129-elizabeth_3.jpg (42 KB, 525x325) Image search: [Google]
1833129-elizabeth_3.jpg
42 KB, 525x325
When political correctness happened in usa? I didn't happen long ago. In 2010 movies and games look like came out without political correctness. There was a lot of jokes, and what is now being called "racism" and "misogynism", and most people didn't care, and a very few edgy persons shout that games are evil and have to be banned, or be "safe".
So why and when happened this milestone?
>>
Its a cyclical trend. PC flared up in the mid 90s, got to the point that it was so outrageous, people revolted against it for the next 5 - 7 years. In the late 00's it started again and is headed towards the same backlash.

According to South Park, PC stays around for 6 years. Hopefully this is the last year before it dies again (most likely due to Trump winning the election).
>>
File: PCUposter.jpg (29 KB, 304x454) Image search: [Google]
PCUposter.jpg
29 KB, 304x454
>>81412673
It more or less started getting out of hand in the early 1990s, but it took a while before it permeated almost every facet of culture.

The movie PCU came out in 1994. So I can't really point to a specific milestone since the change was so gradual.

Most video games used to appeal to a relatively small demographic so nobody really cared about their content unless it was really violent or sexually explicit. They've become more popular so naturally people started to whine about them more.
>>
>>81412673
This shit has been going on for the past few decades. Social media these days just makes it more prominent. But like the anon above me said, it tends to come hard, then die down for a little bit before re-commencing the attack.
>>
In the early 1900s Commie Jew Fucks were allowed into the country and that's where it began.
It got worse and worse the more they let in and since the 1965 immigration act, the country has been crumbling and will soon be rubble.
>>
What they said.

Started in the 90s but didn't get a lot of traction.

But then around 2002 or so, sites like MoveOn and DailyKos started showing up and they were the precursors to the modern SJW movement. Same people, same mentality.

Didn't really explode until, oh, I'd wager around 2009. It might have been all that 2008 pro-Obama energy needing somewhere to go, so it went into SJW, part of which is "political correctness" taken to extremes.
>>
i always found it interesting it was "the right" pushing PC and censorship 15 years ago or so and now it's "the left". i guess this is part of the reason there are so many liberally minded people gravitating toward conservatism these days. it'll probably cycle back in another decade or so.
>>
when the left found the internet, it was all over. this is the first election where right wingers started using the internet, and most of them are "alt-right".
>>
>>81414086
That's half the problem. We fight off one extreme sides nonsense and then get bombarded from the other side a couple years later.
>>
>>81413789
>Didn't really explode until, oh, I'd wager around 2009. It might have been all that 2008 pro-Obama energy needing somewhere to go, so it went into SJW, part of which is "political correctness" taken to extremes.

This
>>
>>81414086
It was always the left really.

The Parents Music Resource Center was headed by Al Gore's wife Tipper.

People on the right spoke out against media they didn't like but the movement to outright ban, censor, or slap labels on media content has been largely driven by the left.
>>
>>81415644

i put it in quotes for a reason, the difference between the democratic and republican talking heads is negligible, but "the right" at the time was undeniably trying to ban and/or censor video game violence and sexuality on TV. janet jackson's boob malfunction, for instance, was the right freaking out and writing letters. they were never anywhere near as dogmatic about it as this current leftist cult though. not even close.
>>
>>81412673
pre-redesign Elizabeth was the best. Infinite was such a shit game
>>
File: smash cultural marxism.png (88 KB, 760x787) Image search: [Google]
smash cultural marxism.png
88 KB, 760x787
>>81412673
Occupy Wall Street was taken over by (((subversive))) elements from the banks, big businesses, and wall street company's that injected their operatives filled with SJW nonsense learned from the most liberal collages and wacko professors into OWS to destroy it. The cancer spread to other young liberal hipsters with no brains who only rely on groupthink to make their decisions and here we are today with all the bullshit. See video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81A1kTXPa4
>>
>>81416471
These fucking faggots. I hope trump puts them in camps after he wins the election. They need psychiatric help.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.