[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of Game of Thrones? Leftist propaganda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15
File: Iron_throne.jpg (2 MB, 2832x4240) Image search: [Google]
Iron_throne.jpg
2 MB, 2832x4240
What does /pol/ think of Game of Thrones?

Leftist propaganda?
Redpilled?
Entertaining?
Favorite character?
Does it relate/translate to modern events?
What house do you represent?
>>
> watching the fantasy jew

disgusting
>>
>>81412521
pretty degenerate tbqh famalam
>>
>>81412521
It's literally a retelling of the War of the Roses with a bunch of fantasy shit throne in. Lanistars are Lancaster, Starks are York. I don't watch the show or read the books but I saw part of that Samuel L Jackson thing where he explains Game of Thrones and some other faction sounded like the Duke of Warwick who got to play kingmaker.
>>
It's dogshit. And Martin is an imbecile.

Seriously.
>>
>>81412521

GoT and fiction like it are really exactly like niggers. They have an exterior of brutality and thuggery, but right beneath the surface is nothing but an ideological weaking and effeminate morality.
>>
>>81412521
>Game of Thrones
It's A Game of Thrones. You can't just drop an article.
>>
>>81412704
The sexual part is degenerate?
>>
The show lost all point in narrative. It makes a clever point about myths and reality with the iron throne, and then decides to allow characters to impossible things. It cant decide what its direction is, and ultimately suffers from it
>>
>>81413069
The HBO show dropped the article :^(
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (72 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
72 KB, 1000x1000
>>81412521

Can I just enjoy ONE fucking thing without somebody making it a political thing. Just ONE
>>
>>81413277
I understand how you feel, I also feel this way.
>>
Don't understand the hate it gets here.
Been on here for years swallowing redpills and can't see anything in GoT that directly promotes degeneracy.
>>
>>81412521
Not leftist propaganda
Not redpilled
Very entertaining
Bronn/Tyrion/Littlefinger
It does not relate/translate to modern events

>What house do you represent?
Are you 12? (Stark)
>>
>>81412521
>Leftist propaganda?
>Redpilled?
Who gives a shit? The action is few and far between and the plot is too slow. At least in my opinion. It lost my attention after the first season.
>>
>>81413252
What show? There isn't one, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>81413475
The rampant sexuality and presentation of homosexuality within the show is a bit degenerate.
>>
>>81413695
Have you been living under a rock, friend? Google "Game of Thrones HBO"
>>
File: Untitled.png (105 KB, 243x222) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
105 KB, 243x222
>>81413475

Rtards are mad that there are a few strong female characters. Thats it. Brien of Tarth is my waifu.
>>
>>81414022
Arguably the strongest character is female
>>
>sometimes
>sometimes
>more or less
>arya or hound (you're shit at dying)
>of course not its the war of roses + magic
>based bear
>>
I'll answer those questions.

>Leftist propaganda?
Definitely.
>Redpilled?
Nope. Bluepilled.
>Entertaining?
Used to be. Season 5 killed it for me.
>Favorite character?
Either the Hound or Littlefinger.
>Does it relate/translate to modern events?
There's some metaphors for the refugee crisis in there. The show writers are liberal jews tho.
>What house do you represent?
I don't know what you mean by "represent" but I have to say none of them. All of the major ones are shit. There's probably some small vassal house that I would like more.
>>
>>81413805

I agree about the homosex. Haven't read the books personally but I expect the HBO jews ramped up the sex for TV ratings. Although rampant sexuality as part of a story for adults I don't really see much of a problem with. I'm sure the Romans were far worse.
>>
Still trying to disect the theology, seems like teleotheologics to me which is... Eh, enjoy your oppression by social constructs and existential bad faith.

The many faces God is decent monotheism and I suspect the fire God is some sort of cosmotheologic statement, that is power itself is God.

I'm only interested in media with some sort of philosophical, theological or even sociological statement. Tell me, humans, tell me what's going on in your minds that you make this stuff popular? Ultimately, game of thrones is shamalayamana style twist script writing with a little bit of preplanned cleverness from GRRM (hold the door). It's decent, but not amazing.
>>
>>81412521
>books
very enjoyable read

>show
literally 2 jews that only read sparknotes of the books writing fan fiction about the books with more feminism and other leftist garbage
>>
File: 1401483417441.jpg (83 KB, 610x366) Image search: [Google]
1401483417441.jpg
83 KB, 610x366
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-rolling-stone-interview-20140423?page=4

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3110466/Game-Thrones-creator-defends-rape-scenes-Author-says-dishonest-boring-leave-sexual-violence.html

>'But if you’re going to write about war, and you just want to include all the cool battles and heroes killing a lot of orcs and things like that and you don’t portray [sexual violence], then there’s something fundamentally dishonest about that.

how could one man be so based?
>>
File: 1450813249922.jpg (280 KB, 1181x853) Image search: [Google]
1450813249922.jpg
280 KB, 1181x853
The books are amazing. Some of the greatest most entertaining literature ever written.
The show is Jewish SJW propaganda and has been unwatchable since season 4.

Learn the difference.

Also, I suspect GRRM is secretly redpilled.
>>
File: Melisandre.jpg (24 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
Melisandre.jpg
24 KB, 615x410
Would you hit it
>>
>>81412521
I put it in the same bracket as this new pokemon-go thing
would never waste my time with it
>>
>>81415174
rare
>>
>>81415091

I'm glad the old lady from The Shining is getting work again. Great she's getting her career back on track.
>>
>>81414959

You fucking idiot. This fat fuck is not only just as deep into escapism fantasy as any writer, he's delusional about it. He is not 'honest' and he has no intentions of ever being 'honest.'
>>
>>81412521
A Song of Ice and Fire is based and pretty Redpilled as well.

Game of Thrones is feminazi dogshit that's run by (((Benioff and Weiss))). It started to show starting Season 5, before then it was ASOIAF Lite.
>>
>>81415174
this
>>
>>81412521

shit show full of fucking retards, literally
>>
>>81413909
No, I don't think such a thing is real. There's a book called A Game of Thrones and it's the first in a series of books buy I'm pretty sure there's no TV show of them.
>>81414678
These are some pretty sex having books. There's a scene where a guy fucks his sister on an altar with their dead son right there in the room.
>>
I've been wanting to write the /pol/ version of ASOIAF for years.

How amazing would it be if there was an epic fantasy series with tons of hidden redpills and subtle jokes only /pol/ would get?
>>
File: 1449215866689.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
1449215866689.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>>81412521

50 shades of grey with fantasy lore. It's very generic, too. A king is dethroned and 7 kingdoms vie for the throne. "Game of Thrones".

>It's like a game of chess xDD
>>
File: 1425428796716.jpg (224 KB, 1519x506) Image search: [Google]
1425428796716.jpg
224 KB, 1519x506
>>81412521
Not leftist propaganda, despite everyone here thinking it's feminist because of the women on it, feminists actually fucking hate this show (too rapey for their sensitivities). Not redpilled either though.

And, I'd have to say I'm a Greyjoy.
>>
>>81415216
It's not rare you dolt.
>>
>>81415474
The books are pretty great. It discusses all kinds of political concepts.

There's entire chapters where characters sit around and discuss battle plans. Entire chapters where councils sit around and discuss the current state of their kingdom.
Most of it goes over normies' heads and they have to dumb it down for the show by like 100 times.
>>
>>81414838
oh god daenerys and the iron isles bint bro-ing it up
what the fuck. I barfed
>>
>>81415474
Last I checked there weren't 7 players in one game of chess.

It's more like Uno.
>>
>>81415614
Ironborn are the niggers of Westeros.
>ooga booga me rape and pillage
>>
>>81415427

A scene such as this in the context of the story seems to represent the absolute moral decay of the toxic incestuous relationship of Jamie and Cersei and the power of their attraction to one another. I don't think it's degeneracy for degeneracys sake or for titillation.
>>
File: wgq1go5s9y1x.gif (2 MB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
wgq1go5s9y1x.gif
2 MB, 320x218
>>81413277
You do know this is /pol/ right? Talking about politics.
>>
>>81415959
Actually that's the vikings.
The vikings were worse than niggers.
>>
>>81415965
There's a fan theory that a witch cursed Jaime and Cersei to be attracted to each other in order to bring down the Lannister family.
>>
>>81412733

You've never read or watched the show and you're telling people what it "literally" is

This kind of thinking is a disease of 4chan and /pol/
>>
File: summer_time-1455175.jpg (1 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
summer_time-1455175.jpg
1 MB, 5184x3456
>>
>>81415427

>There's a scene where a guy fucks his sister on an altar with their dead son right there in the room.

That only happens in the Jew show.

In the books, Jaime isn't even in King's Landing when his son dies. And then when he finally arrives, he literally stays like 10 minutes before leaving again.
>>
File: Iron Fleet.jpg (112 KB, 900x633) Image search: [Google]
Iron Fleet.jpg
112 KB, 900x633
>>81415959
>what are Vikings
Besides the niggers of Westeros are obviously Dornishmen.
>>
>>81416276
Dornish are supposed to be some kind of Mediterranean/sandnigger hybrid.

Summer Islanders are literal niggers.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
Is he the Soros of the show?
>>
>>81416112

I think it's could be because there were mentions early in the series that "no one could tell them apart as children" so essentially when they look at each other they see themselves. They love themselves so much when they fuck they are subconsiously projecting themselves onto the other.
>>
>>81416574

>Lotta loyalty for a hired sellsword
>>
It's a quality piece of fantasy fiction notable for sex, violence, its elaborate world, and the politics that go on inside it. if that's your thing you'll like it regardless of politics, if that's not your thing you'll hate it regardless of politics.

Why the fuck would you care about what /pol/ thinks about your hobbies? Are you such a confirmist you have to ask other people if it's ok to like something?
>>
>>81414959
Wew this guy is full of himself
>>
>>81415730
Read all the books

This post is bullshit
>>
>>81417257
I read all 5 books [spoiler]twice[/spoiler]

How is it bullshit?
>>
>>81413522
>Not leftist propaganda
Do you even know Gurm?
>>
>>81417366
Point out an entire chapter where battle plans are discussed

Or an entire chapter where the state of the kingdom is discussed
>>
>>81412521
GRRM is a leftist but he doesn't try to shove his beliefs in your face with his writing. Plus the world he has built is so interesting I'm willing to ignore the beautiful stronk woman who don't need no man and her army of eunuchs and disabled men just to read more of the stories that take place in it.

The show is propaganda of the highest caliber though, postS4 they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.
>>
>>81412521

Man in the High Castle is better

Based John Smith
>>
>>81417764
>the world is so interesting
>take an event in history
>add dragons
>>
>>81412521
Its literally Roman history so
I enjoy it
>>
>>81417755

All of the Tyrion and Catelyn chapters in the second half of book 1 are almost entirely discussing battle strategies and what their next move will be.

Almost every single Davos chapter in the series is just a Davos-Stannis conversation where they discuss the current politics of Westeros.

Also, almost all of Cersei's chapters in book 4 are small council meetings.

That's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>81412521
I like The Hound. He says he sees the world for what it is. He sticks by a code. He takes shit from NO ONE. Very good role model
>>
File: 1466701682707.jpg (349 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1466701682707.jpg
349 KB, 1200x900
Leftist propaganda?
kinda, mostly just SJW pandering
Redpilled?
no
Entertaining?
yes
Favorite character?
Stannis
Does it relate/translate to modern events?
a woman is about to flood the primarily white continent with tens of thousands of nonwhites, these poor nonwhites call this white woman (with no real children) mother
What house do you represent?
after Stannis died I stopped giving a fuck
>>
>>81416574
>the Soros of the show
this is accurate
>>
>>81418182
They discuss strategy. Not battle. Wow we take Lannisport. Wow we defend Kingslanding. No shit such moves are important.

Davos and Stannis shittalk everyone and complain about money nothing deep.

Small council meetings that discuss two topics. Religion and poor people. Not even the Kingdom, let alone all of Westeros, just the city.
>>
>>81415046
>>81415965

Please stop using phrases like "toxic relationship". You sound like a Cosmo article.
>>
>>81415614
Not too mention the most important aspect everybody seems to ignore which is that every time women are in charge on the show they fuck everything up.
>>
>>81419273

I wasn't using it in the SJW sense. Anyway I was typing quickly and couldn't be fucked thinking of another word so I didn't get pulled over by the /pol/ word police.
>>
>>81413475
>can't see anything in GoT that directly promotes degeneracy.

The first episode of season 1 has a race mixing sex scene in it, and don't forget about all of the incest, nudity, and feminist garbage that is promoted in the show.
>>
>>81415730
Haven't read the books, but the show sort of used to be like this.

Seasons 1 and 2 and I think even 3 had some good scenes of characters just sitting around plotting. The Lannisters, Littlefinger, Varys all scheming behind one another's backs was pretty interesting.
>>
>>81416404
>>81416276
Y'all are literal retards.

The Dothraki are implied niggers.

>Savages
>Tribe shit
>Everyone has castles and old world tech while the Dothraki are still using primitive tech.
>THEY ARE AFRAID OF WATER.
>>
>>81420704

>Implied

They are literally sandniggers.
>>
>>81412521
The show has become feminist propaganda. I haven't watched it since Season 5 because of how trash it's become. Plus Martin hasn't released Winds of Winter yet and now the show is heading into the unknown basically.

They killed off more than half the male characters and all the female characters are now Queens who rule the land on their own. Which is retarded since the rule of a kingdom almost never went to a woman, and when it did she HAD to marry a noble, but the chicks in GoT are all single.

It's not redpilled AT ALL. It is completely bluepilled.
>>
>>81412521
The best season came after that tub of lard stopped writing.
>Bad guys get their teeth kicked in
>Good guys start winning
>People are happy
>Starks own Winterfell again
>Cersei setting up for a fall
It's fucking great. My only problems are the rampant homosexuality, people with strong traditional beliefs tending to get stabbed, and the whole Wildling situation being an obvious parallel to the immigrant situation in the U.S. instead of being a story device to show the solidarity of mankind against the coming winter. It is a huge leftist show, but at the same time, there's naked chicks, dragons, sword fights, cool clothes, and all the neat shit I always wanted when I was growing up.
>>
File: 1468260521341.jpg (271 KB, 784x820) Image search: [Google]
1468260521341.jpg
271 KB, 784x820
>>81412521
Game of Thrones; using fiction to demonstrate that women fuck up everything they touch.

Catlyn Stark: kickstarted the War of Five Kings, that got most of her family and countless thousands killed.

Dany: Would have zero power if not for some supernatural woo and good advisors/guardians.

Cersei Lannister: Passed policies that made everyone in the Seven Kingdoms hate her, and killed her entire family save her brothers in the process.

Women make shit leaders and decision-makers. GRRM is secretly redpilled.
>>
>>81412521
Fuck the show. It's garbage leftist propaganda.
>>
>>81421274
The Dornish are sandniggers. That or the people of Qarth and those lands
>>
>>81412733
If it follows the real life analogy, it will end by Having Darnarys marry Jon Snow, with them as basically the only survivors among the main characters.
>>
>>81424717
I personally hope Jon becomes king, and Dany dies ending the White Walker threat, with Tyrion becoming the next Hand of the King/head of House Lannister and Cersei getting gangraped to death by niggers in the back alleys of Qarth after fleeing the country.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.