[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What have millennials done to change the American Dream?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: americandream.jpg (926 KB, 4072x3180) Image search: [Google]
americandream.jpg
926 KB, 4072x3180
What have millennials done to change the American Dream?
>>
>>81408678
They changed the lifelong dream to a fantasy
>>
This image is going to #trigger /pol/ because they won't accept that millennials are 20-30 year olds
>>
File: 1457853034585.png (68 KB, 129x212) Image search: [Google]
1457853034585.png
68 KB, 129x212
>>81409165
>>
File: 1379286004296.jpg (109 KB, 563x364) Image search: [Google]
1379286004296.jpg
109 KB, 563x364
>>81408678
>you will never live in the Yuppy era
>>
>>81408678
>Icons:
>Malala Yousafzai
>Barack Obama
We're fucked
>>
File: 1442901685554-1.jpg (45 KB, 420x377) Image search: [Google]
1442901685554-1.jpg
45 KB, 420x377
>>81409165
>>
>>81408678

Nothing. The American Dream was eroded by every president from Reagan onwards.
>>
I dislike OP's image on every level.
>>
We are the Zuckerberg generation. He's a role model for most millennials.
>>
>>81408678
Gen-Xers care about a J-rock band?
>>
>>81408678
>Mark Zuckererg is an icon for Millennials, but Barack Obama is an icon for Gen Edge
>>
>>81408678
didn't war hard enough. didn't breed fast enough. now old people have to sell their property to pay for nursing care, instead of handing land property down through generations.
>>
>>81410933
whoever built that graphic is a moron. those kids are 20 year old and less. those aren't their icons.
>>
>millennials
>born in 1980

No.
>>
>Gen Edge
>motivated to do shit
No.
>>
Success isnt Earned, its Given
~Gen Edge in a nutshell
>>
>>81408678
>killed Christianity to spite their parents
>enacted massive welfare state
>didn't have enough kids to support it
>didn't extend the retirement age to match the increasing life expectancy
>imported spics for cheap labor
>pampered children, creating precious snowflakes
>crashed the economy
>blamed millennials

They transformed us from the absolute dominant global power into a beaner-cuckshed on the verge of bankruptcy.
>all to save $20 bucks at the store and live off benefits for their 30 years of retirement.
>t. Boomer Scum
>>
>>81412125
I was just about to say this.
>>
"I hope I get enough government benefits to supplement my income from my menial low-paying job which I work 40+ hours a week so I can afford to live in a one-room apartment and still eat food".
>>
>>81412891
you're welcome to walk out inna woods and build your own home.
>>
>>81408678
I hate the way people define the years of each generation.
>>
>>81409793
>you will never snort coke off a hooker's ass
>you will never drive a Testarossa or Diablo
>you will never have a house in Miami
>you will never get rich from the dot-com boom
>you will never wear a $4k suit or show off a $5k Patek Philippe watch
>>
>>81415548
You're actually quite literally not.

That land is either privately owned or owned by the state, a state which wouldn't take kindly to you building a house on it's property.
>>
>>81412668

i'm sorry, but most people have not done themselves any favors with bad debt management practices. even taking out the student loan problem, average household has $15,762 last year. its been going down slowly since 2000, when adjusted for infl
>>
>>81420003
It doesn't help that the greedy people giving out loans put interest rates on them making them a never-ending debt.

You might have got a $30,000, but you might pay back $50,000, with no end left in site.
>>
I'm "gen edge"?
Huh, can't wait for my entire generation to become a scapegoat.
Fuck juvenoia. Stop blaming your problems on all members of the entire human race born between arbitrary years. I didn't choose to grow up around people who idolize YouTube stars and expect shit to be handed to them.
>>
>>81420218

your sense of greedy = making money, any money, any profit, any time, anywhere, off any person being immoral. ever. for all time.

shall we absolve people from the responsibility of reading something they sign? Its not like interest rates are secret.

Nobody held a gun to people's head and forced them to get credit cards and charging things they couldn't afford to pay for.

Thats what the ACA is for.

but I'll humor you a bit:

>killed Christianity to spite their parents
I'll give you this one, because this was a key pillar to the nuclear family, which is the single biggest indicator of the success of a household and children brought up in it.

>enacted massive welfare state
>didn't have enough kids to support it
>didn't extend the retirement age to match the increasing life expectancy

all meaningless to someone without personal debts.

>imported spics for cheap labor

this had the biggest impact on people whose wage/income mobility did not change at 10 year intervals, but even they would be okay in the USA if they have no personal debts.

>pampered children, creating precious snowflakes
>crashed the economy
>blamed millennials

take comfort that they (millennials) repeat the same mistakes in the form of student loans with regard to personal debt.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.