[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Saddam Hussein was a bad guy. Right? He was a bad guy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
"Saddam Hussein was a bad guy. Right? He was a bad guy. Really bad guy. But you know what he did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good they didn't read (them) the rights." - Donald Trump

That is what I don't understand. Otherwise intelligent people seem to endorse him. I don't get it. Everything the man says is just ridiculous. Smart people don't talk like he does.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4t4mrr/christopher_hitchens_the_chilling_moment_when/d5ek4b3
>>
>>81399474
>A bunch of different people from different backgrounds say they like Trump, small portions of some fringe retards also say they like Trump.
>Media swarm to focus on tiny fringe shitheads who's movements haven't been relevant for decades and ignore BLM and Berniebros physically assaulting trump supporters, college students, and police, starting riots and destroying stores, getting people killed, and generally being shit human beings constantly and loudly.

Also, smart people who might not usually vote Trump are probably doing so because he seems like a more viable choice than Hillary. If people had more choices than just Trump and Hillary, they'd probably chose someone else, but these two shitbags are the two people most likely to end up in the president's chair so it's really just a matter of weighing who will be less horrible for us.

I for example am not voting Trump because I hate anyone, or because I'm blown away by his stunning intellect and razor sharp debating skills, I'm only voting for him because:
>1
I believe Hillary Clinton will be worse for America, she was shit at her old job and should also either have her ability to view classified material removed or she should be jailed for handing out classified documents to people without authorization.
>2
Establishment Republicucks and Demacucks hate him, and I very much dislike them, and one way to make my disagreement with them known is to elect someone who they both don't want.

If someone better had a good chance of winning I'd vote for them in a heartbeat, but I haven't seen that candidate yet and it seems like they'd be a bit late to the party at this point.
>>
>>81399474
When we killed saddam and largely left the country, we left a power vacuum. ISIS filled that vaccuum. So we killed a bad guy, and someone worse took over.
>>
>>81400208
Agreed except i think trumps perfect
>>
>>81399474
realism. Explain the better solution than absolutism in time of crisis if it's so ridiculous.
>>
>>81402502
I don't think he's perfect, just the best choice. Our military is a travesty and his biggest appeal to me is traditional establishment of powerful defense, which imo is the largest and most beneficial duty of any government.
>>
>>81402760
The reason Trump is COMPLETELY WRONG, is different. You've conflated two points. I do believe that leaving Sadam was probably better than what we have now (if you assume you can't change any of the way the operation was carried out). Trump is wrong, and sick, because what he complemented was one of the most henious things about Sadam. He praised the fact that Sadam dealt with terrorist because he 'didn't read them their rights' etc. So he's basically saying no due process in terrorism. Which is insane, unconstitutional, but mainly its horrible. Because, Sadam arrested people all over the place and imprisoned them for life and said they were terrorists. That doesn't make them terrorists, he just didn't give a fuck if he swept up loads of innocent people along with them. And to be clear, we aren't good at working out who exactly is a terrorist until they've committed the act, we know this because Guantanamo was (and still is) filled with people we know to be innocent, but never got a trial. And the act of terror itself is illegal, and is prosecuted. I don't think I've ever heard of a case where the suspected terrorist didn't get convicted at trial. But to just pick people up and lock them away because they might have terror intentions is madness, its illegal by international law and US law, its unethical and its just reactionary panic to the fact that if we are honest we have no solution to terror at the moment. San bernadino, Nice, Orlando (as muslim examples - but obviously there are others like charleston, newtown etc) were almost all committed by insane individuals that could not have been pre-predicted with any threshold for arrest that wouldn't also sweep up lots of innocent people.
>>
Things like this are why I really can't understand why anyone would ever vote for Trump. I can see why people would vote for Mitt Romney, I can see why people would vote for John McCain, I can see why people would vote for a lot of the Republican Party's platform. But what I'll never understand is why you would vote for this walking joke.
>>
>>81399474
if you are a terrorist in your country your country has no reason to keep you alive. you would burden them further after you tried to murder them. killing attackers is just the only justifiable response to attackers.
>>
>>81399474
>People are so fucking retarded they think terrorists deserve rights
Explain why the fuck someone who slaughters hundreds of people and promises to kill everyone in your country deserves rights. These people deserve to be firebombed into fucking ash
>>
>>81403138
he's only a punchline because the media can't stop harping about him. thing is, that shit doesn't effect him.
>>
>>81403385
Because it's mainly shit taken out of context or outright lies. But Hillary is totally fine and is a model citizen because she has a vagina#
>>
>>81403001
I somewhat agree on your general idea of applied morality to warfare only because I believe in slippery slope.

but it is war fare and there are no rules realistically, we do call the shots here. Affiliation of any kind with a terrorist organization is grounds for capture and interogation.

I also aggree with enhanced interogation tactics used on war prisoners, only because they are extremely tame compared to the mutilations of less benevolant countries. You give them too much benefit of doubt imo. Humans wear their hearts on their sleeves and they can nearly always be judged accurately.

What do you mean I conflated 2 points?
>>
>>81403622
Trump and you both give credence to that idea that the pragmatist solution would have been to leave Saddam in power until there was a solution for the sectarianism in place. Sadly, there would never have been a solution to that as Saddam was willingly agitating it for his own benefit.
>>
>>81403900
Redrawing the boarders is and always was THE ONLY solution for Iraq.
>>
It's boss-speak. My boss speaks in that manner.

Basically it's for busy and rushed people and they speak in fragments while assuming you understand what's left out.
>>
>>81399474
you're dumber than dumb if you couldn't understand him at all
>>
>>81399474

Our system had been circumvented, and we are now on a one-way track to becoming a brown, low-IQ, dystopic welfare state like Brazil but probably worse.

Intelligent people realize that the time for giving a shit about rights is over when our own politicians and corporations have bypassed them en masse.
>>
>>81404460
a lot of other people must be dumb then

>>81400132
>>
>>81403900
I don't think there was a "good" solution and but i personally doubt the alleged intentions of the invasion.

You disagree with his statement sure, but I am talking about his ideology in general. I said in a previous comment, "I do not think he's perfect, just the best choice >>81402948

They should'nt have been allowed in this country. This is in fact a war.

still waiting for those 2 points btw.
>>
>>81404330
i prefer being concise.
>>
>>81399474
i don't share views with trump on a large variety of topics but he's still better than hillary. Suicide is a better option than hillary.
>>
he has literally studied public speaking, propaganda, and knows his target audience. he uses short words with as few syllables as possible to get his messages across as fast and direct as possible. he also repeats the same phrases over and over.

He knows exactly how he sounds. He has probably watched more videos of himself speaking than any /pol/tard or Apprentice fan.
>>
>>81399474

He's a gigantic 'Fuck you' vote, no matter how people try to rationalize their support.
>>
>>81400208
Humanity only evolves from building bridges and learning from people who are different than you. There's never been a country that isolated itself from everyone else then became great as a result of it.

I had to respond to your post because your lack of bigger picture perspective and fixation on muh establishment meme arguments pissed me off.
>>
>>81405111
a fucking leaf my mannnnnnnn
>>
>>81405111
do you have any more facts than a generalization?
>>
>>81399474
He's right though.
Some things are simple.
>>
>>81403001

> Guantanamo
>Patriot Act
>waterboarding
> Bin Laden's abduction
>>
>>81405111
well we wanted to build bridges with angola and moçambique look where that got us
>>
>>81400132
Dang, what a cool video. I wish there was footage of other instances where dictators seized power.
>>
File: 1468033713054.jpg (82 KB, 719x624) Image search: [Google]
1468033713054.jpg
82 KB, 719x624
>>81405111
>Humanity only evolves from building bridges and learning from people who are different than you.

actually humanity and civilization evolved to kill each other more efficiently. all major technological progress has come from war and the need for superior weapons technology.

survival of the fittest. might makes right.

etc etc.

every civilization that let in 'the hordes' has fallen.
>>
>>81405111
Yeah, the Native Americans really loved building bridges with us

Saying that he pisses you off isn't an argument
>>
>>81399474
Intelligent people like Trump because he's a huge blow towards the establishment. Nobody gives a shit about what he's straight up saying, it's about what he symbolizes beyond the words and meme schtick
>>
>>81406863
Why does it take a genius to figure that out these days? I don't understand why people love to think Trump is this huge buffoon over absolutely nothing. It's sad the media created a bunch of mindless zombies.
>>
>>81407425
its easier to attack an enemy but just calling them a clown or dumb, saturate the waves with that message and you got yourself a flag burning punch swinging trump hater that'll vote hillary despite giving their life savings to a burnout
>>
>>81406608
>Yeah, the Native Americans really loved building bridges with us
Uh...they did though? Native American guides and traders are how we settled the West as fast as we did, some Native Americans allied with us in the Revolution, a fuckton of Americans are even of mixed race descent, myself included.
>>
He's right though. Blood is on your hands for unleashing ISIS
>>
>>81399474
What is ridiculous about his statement?

It seems to be true.
>>
>>81408426
Blood is on islam's hands for invading Christendom in the first place
>>
>>81408591
I think the problem with his statement is that Saddam killed everyone and anyone against him. When you have someone like that it doesn't make sense to say "yeah but he kept everything under control." He truly was evil and had not a single good quality that's worth mentioning in a political run. And honestly this and the VP choice made me realize I need to stop even posting on the the_donald.
>>
>>81408426
Lets use the guy who gassed ethnic minorities as a role model, great idea there.
>>
>>81405111
>Humanity only evolves from building bridges and learning from people who are different than you.
WW2 gave us nuclear fission, the jet engine, and modern rocketry.
>>
File: 1424202794942-1.png (32 KB, 226x221) Image search: [Google]
1424202794942-1.png
32 KB, 226x221
>>81405111
>emotions
>>
File: Zu4ldi.jpg (73 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
Zu4ldi.jpg
73 KB, 1136x640
>>
>>81400208
>I believe Hillary Clinton .. should be jailed for handing out classified documents to people without authorization.

That's not what happened, desu. The email recipients were all cleared, but the means of transmission was not approved by the classifying authority (i.e. State Dept).
>>
>>81404947

As opposed to metaphorically studying public speaking?
>>
>>81399474
>Smart people don't speak plainly.
You'll find that they do, when you actually find some.
>>
>>81404947
>He has probably watched more videos of himself
And fallen in love each time.
>>
File: Sheriff-David-Clarke.jpg (33 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
Sheriff-David-Clarke.jpg
33 KB, 600x325
>>81399474
Everybody talks like Trump, listen to Clarke tell it like it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo90MirkK_k
>>
>>81410008

By deliberately sending information through unsecure channels, she was "extremely careless." To boot, her whole story about the emails was a lie.

>no classified documents were transmitted
>it was only one server
>State Department approved it
>>
>>81399474
He's not a good off the cuff speaker. Oratory skills have steadily declined when TVs became affordable to many households. JFK trumped Nixon at the televised debates. Nixon was better prepared for the job but came off as a sweaty mess. Listen to speeches by the likes of FDR, hell, even Malcolm X was damn good.

Trump does hint at an essential truth though. We're at war with Islamic fundamentalist groups. Approaching them with a legal/law enforcement mindset will not deter these fuckers. Wiping them and their seed off the face of the earth will. Ex CIA analyst Michael Scheuer discusses this topic in his books.
>>
>>81410506

Oh and I missed this lie:

>all work related emails were turned over

>>81410627

If we are truly at war with Islamic fundamentalism, then the solution is incredibly simple: crack down on Saudi Arabia.

>Still, donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09STATE131801_a.html
>>
>>81400132
Are redditors normally this stupid?
>>
>>81405111
>what is japan
>>
What? He's entirely right. Saddam's presence was a stabilizing factor in the region. He dealt hard with the types of people who now make up ISIS.

Trump's saying he was a bad guy but there was a benefit to him being in power.

He's not wrong.
>>
>>81407737
And they're thriving as a result, right?

No, their women were whored out among whites who abandoned them and their men killed in the Indian wars.

>tfw I have a box of medals from my ancestor who removed prairie niggers

feels good
>>
>>81399474
plenty of people with any knowledge of actual interactions in middle east agree with that statement entirely

my friend who works for some government agency that tracks international affairs such as conflict groups and such would constantly tell me how much better saddam was then what we have now,despite being a prick and a punching bag for the media
>>
>>81405111
Fucking leafs man
>>
>>81411110
The Saudis have a lot of pull. They buy our politicians. Why do you think GWB held hands with their king and Obama bowed to one. We tolerated the Saudis during the Cold War because they sold us oil and they sold it to the rest of the world in dollars. Tolerated their religious zealotry because they financed the Afghan war that bogged down the Russians. Do we really need them?
>>
>>81399474
It's Democrats' fault for making me choose between him and.... her.
>>
>>81399474
You just don't understand his logic. He's actually a really intelligent man who just sounds retarded. A lot of what he says is true and accurate. He just says it in an off color way. He's been the realest candidate so far and means what he says, unlike Hillary who can delete e-mails and can get away with not being indicted because she's not some sheboon.
>>
>>81412702

The Saudis are also responsible for funding the Muslim Brotherhood.

They're literal behind ever major Islamic terrorist group of the last 30 years. The US isn't serious about terrorism or they would have cut the Saudis off long ago.
>>
>>81403138
Better a joke than a legit evil woman,
>>
I'm voting for Trump because I believe that he is a divine being sent to us to save us and secure our future for us and our white children. Without his saving grace the world would plunge into a dark ages that humanity would probably not emerge from ever. Thank you God/Emperor Trump, we are not worthy.
>>
>>81413499
You;re just sexist and jealous that a woman like Hillary Clinton was accomplished in so many things
>>
>>81415201
>was accomplished in so many things

Yeah, one of which was not getting indicted, and possibly leaking highly confidently information to our enemies.

Oh, I feel so safe with you, Hillary.
>>
>>81402229
“Don’t ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up”

I'm skeptical that the consequences of removing Saddam weren't anticipated. Diplomats and foreign policy wonks think in geo-political terms 365 days a year, and we're to believe they couldn't see what was coming when they removed Saddam. It was a disaster in the making. Removed Iraq as a threat to Israel though, so I guess we can be thankful for that.
>>
>>81399474
The biggest mistake we made in invading Iraq was the decision to take down a secular dictatorship that kept sectarian nutjobs on a tight leash and controlled all their wannabe terrorists.
Replacing Saddam with ISIS was NOT a smart move.
>>
>>81405111
>what is China
>>
File: 1465656556136.jpg (446 KB, 1110x741) Image search: [Google]
1465656556136.jpg
446 KB, 1110x741
>>81415201
You were doing alright up until this point. Mentioning Newtown as a terror attack was an immediate red flag, as was your statement about no longer posting on the_donald with the tacit implication that others should do the same. This post broke the facade.
>>
>>81411549
Yes
>>
>>81404282

unfortunately with an oil reserve aka money to fight over, that was never going to happen.

if there was no oil, all the tribes would have gone their seperate ways.

Kurds would have stayed their own nation until it minority pops in turkey and iran reached critical mass, the shia would have probably joined iran and the sunni joined saudi arabia
>>
>>81416855
US administrations have an history of not giving a single fuck about what would happen 10 years later just like most democratic government.
"Not my mandate ? Not my problem !"
>>
>>81404947
I don't get this, it's not like any of the other candidates were hard to understand.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.