[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does pol think consciousness work? Growing up I always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: thedoor.jpg (2 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
thedoor.jpg
2 KB, 309x163
How does pol think consciousness work?

Growing up I always thought it was weird how you never remember falling asleep. Its like you wake up the next day with no memory of losing consciousness.

If you took a person and removed their ability to sense light, taste, touch, or sound would they then lose consciousness? Or can the mind exist as something other than sensation, as just thoughts and memories?
>>
see Alan Watts
>>
>>81369092

"Consciousness is an operation rather than a thing, a repository, or a function. It operates by way of analogy, by way of constructing an analog space with an analog "I" that can observe that space, and move metaphorically in it." "The Origin Of The Consciousness In The Break Down Of The Bicameral Mind" Julian Jaynes p. 65.
>>
>>81369092

Really good questions you have there i highly recommend you to read the book i mentioned.

He will answer all you question! Furthermore the book will change your whole preception of consciousness!

The human being and every other higher developed mammal can learn, react be rational and almost every other mental process without being conscious at all. Hence whole civilisations existed without being conscious in terms of having a "mind space" where they could assess, observe realtiy metaphorical.

The consciosness in logical conclusion is without any limitation and so may are its powers.

The daily life and habbits are consciousness numbling but you can ascend the state of consciousness to a level you could call "divine". In this regard Jesus Christ had these state of mind.
>>
>>81369092

The process of the origin of consciousness is clearly the brain but its place does not necessarily has to be the body. There are plenty "documented" cases of out of body consciousness e.g. while death experiences or psychoactive drug use.
>>
>>81369645
>>81370953
thanks
>>
You are more than welcome anon! You are one the right way! As you may want learn "more" about consciousness you may watch after your physical health e.g. the calcification of the pinal gland trough fluoride, calcium, drinking, sugar etc. This may seems a bit out of context now but if you want to "ascend" your consciousness to a higher state it is necessary that start to be the creator of a better version of yourself in every aspect possible. Improve your knowledge, your health - everything. Stop being an "automaton"
>>
>>81369092
You would go into a dream state yes. What's strange is when I lose consciousness I can still hear things.
>>
>>81369092

This is really a very good example of consciousness itself or how it works you start to question something that you dont have words for and therefore need to use advanced language, metaphor, analogy to assess your "problem". Consciousness is like a deep see. And you just dived into.
>>
>>81369092

Also the image is very related to your concerns in terms of the symbolically and metaphorically meaning to consciousness itself!

10/10 Thread
>>
>>81369092
Godel Escher Bach will help you clear this question up.
>>
>>81369092
>If you took a person and removed their ability to sense light, taste, touch, or sound would they then lose consciousness? Or can the mind exist as something other than sensation, as just thoughts and memories?

Yes, look up sensory deprivation.
>>
>>81372320
>Jesus Christ had this state of mind.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>>
>>81377751
>Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Not an argument my friend!
Though i may be wrong about this due to some interpretation from my side. I know for certain JC was a real person and had somethink in terms of his consciousness that made him extra ordinary and he got this "ascended" mind so to speak from within.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.