[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Napoleon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 11.jpg (3 MB, 1417x1675) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
3 MB, 1417x1675
>Support French citizens in a Revolution
>Become dictator anyway
>Conquer Europe
>Defeat coalition of other nations
>Create code of civil laws
>Create metric system
>Be amazing military leader
>Get exiled to comfy island to die

Is there a more interesting & influential leader in world history than Napoleon?
>>
>>81362780
Napoleon was maybe a dictator, but he was such a genius that you couldn't be against him if you lived in France
>>
>>81362780
as french I would say Napoleon was awesome. Charlemagne was too.
I would add in my personal favorite : Julius Ceasar
>>
>>81362956
I heard that in votes for him, the amount of total people voting was lied about but the actual votes to make him consul for life / emperor were overwhelmingly in his favor.

Then again it wasn't a secret ballot so maybe people were scared.

Still, he was only exiled to islands. Twice. By his enemies! Maybe even they didn't hate him so much.
>>
>>81362780
And today we have Hollande and we are not allowed to defend ourselves
Literally worst time to be French
>>
File: Napoleons_retreat_from_moscow.jpg (281 KB, 800x570) Image search: [Google]
Napoleons_retreat_from_moscow.jpg
281 KB, 800x570
"The most terrible of all my battles was the one before Moscow. The French showed themselves to be worthy of victory, but the Russians showed themselves worthy of being invincible."
>>
File: Murat2.jpg (155 KB, 613x708) Image search: [Google]
Murat2.jpg
155 KB, 613x708
>>81362780

>France had the chance to become a based Constitutional Monarchy with an Emperor/Empress
>resorted to being a shitty Republic
>death of patriotism
>military reduced to cuck levels

Europe is dying. CIVIL WAR NOW.
>>
>>81362780
no, greatest of all time, although hes not my favorite french ruler
>>
>>81362780

MANLET
A
N
L
E
T
>>
File: 1449025547450.jpg (56 KB, 464x404) Image search: [Google]
1449025547450.jpg
56 KB, 464x404
why do the Russians always have to ruin everything?
>>
>>81364293
Average male height for his time.

>>81364209
Who is?
>>
>>81362780

Meh. Martel was better.
>>
>>81362780
>be born to rich family that isn't as rich as they once were
>get caught by pirates, laugh in there face and doubles the ransom himself
>tells the Pirates he'll kill them and he actually does, the absolute madman
>becomes military lease, wins many wars
>defeats Gaul, the people start to love you, but the elite want you to be arrested for war crimes
>let a very rich old man marry his only daughter for an alliance
>crosses the river Tiber and becomes dictator of Rome
>get stabbed in the back by Roman cuckservatives
>adopted son becomes emperor
>Rome is now an empire and name lives on forever
>napoleons becomes inspired by you and tries to relieve your life

Is Caesar the most powerful and interesting person ever?
>>
>>81364506
my top 5
Louis 9
Capet
Philippe 4
Napoléon
Philippe 2
>>
>>81362780
He was pretty great. There seems to be a tendency to try to represent him as a proto-Hitler.
>>
>>81363203

Louis IX , don't forget Louis IX
>>
File: marcus-aurelius.jpg (161 KB, 715x988) Image search: [Google]
marcus-aurelius.jpg
161 KB, 715x988
>>81362780
Napoléon was a great conqueror and like all great conquerors he was greedy of fame and territories which led to rapid collapse of all his conquest.
Marcus-Aurelius was probably the wisest and at the same time most capable leader the western world ever seen (maintaining an Empire is harder than creating one).
There are too many great leader in western history to try to rank them anyway, we just need one right now before everything goes shit and muslims become permanent part of Europe.
>>
Do people like Arthur de Gobineau who at least partially blame the French Revolution for the downfall of Europe like or dislike Napoleon?
>>
"Si quiconque s'avise de médire de la foi chrétienne, il ne faut la défendre qu'avec l'épée, et on doit donner de l'épée dans le ventre autant qu'elle peut y entrer."

“En effet, j’ai regardé et examiné son Alcoran et je n’y ai vu qu’ordures et impuretés, tandis que d’après les sages anciens, voire même les païens, l’honnêteté est le souverain bien dans cette vie”

My english is very bad , but if a frenchmen with a nice english speaking can translate those quote of Louis IX
>>
>>81366793
Pls.
>>
>>81365410
>be jew bitch born in some english shithole
>spend whole life collaborating with chads to swindle their anglo seamen
>years of dude glue abuse to the trachea
>ends up being able to sing like a woke queen
>gets famous
>people rip on her for being an ugly soot
>russell brand tells her to take heroin
>she does it, the absolute madman
>media truns on one of their own
>dies
>media changes their tune

Is Amy Winehouse the most powerful and interesting person ever?
>>
>>81369081

I will try to translate the first one

"If anyone insult the christian faith , we must defend the christian faith with the sword , and hit belly with the sword as much as we can hit"

And the second

"In fact , i've examinate his quran , and i see in it only garbage and impurities , while according to the old sage , and even pagans , honesty is the most important possession in this life"
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.