[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GMOs are bad!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 17
File: 1466791996240.png (408 KB, 452x497) Image search: [Google]
1466791996240.png
408 KB, 452x497
>GMOs are bad!
>>
>>81358444
Explain this image

Its not necessarily GMO's that are bad, it's ingesting a plant that grew up in a pesticide bath
>>
>>81359854
those were watermelons, corn, bananas, eggplans, carrots, and cabbages in their wild form before ancient humans started inbreeding them (aka manipulating their genetic line) for better results (aka what they are today)
>>
>>81360051
But the process of selective breeding isn't considered a GMO.
>>
>>81360051

Genetic manipulation isn't even remotely close to GMO's.

Not that they're inherently bad, but this is a very poor comparison.
>>
>>81358444
That's not only GMO.
Human selection is also at stakes.
They didn't have GMO in the 1800s but their fruits looked the same as ours. [spoiler]Well, they put theirs in asylum but you get it[/spoiler]
>>
>>81358444
>flowersinIsrael.com

Nice try merchant
>>
>>81359854
you must be a retard
>>
>>81358444
>bacteria doesn't attack and degrade it
>insects don't eat it
>everything that isn't human, avoids it like wildfire

It's safe to eat it goym!

Also
>its seeds cannot be planted for the next season
>become entirely depended on that company which produces these seeds for food
>must buy the seeds every year

Idiots
>>
>>81360505
>>81361599

It's GMO.

Inserting and rearranging new genes in freaky ass high-polyploidy plant genomes is a very good comparison. Plants do this by themselves, of course, but very early on in agriculture people discovered cool shit like self-pollenization, cloning, grafting. Having a human direct this process to accomplish specific goals is really the same thing as transgenics. It's how the common cultivars of bananas lost their seeds and became a monoculture (the common one, Cavendish, is all the same individual).

The only difference is the 'trans'-genic modifications, instead of cis-genic. There's no reason to assume cisgenic recombination and hybridization that happens of it's own is for some reason more safe than specifically engineered transgenes.

There is 100% nothing wrong with GMOs.
>>
>>81359854
GMO crops require far less pesticides than organic crops desu.

> No, organic does not mean "no pesticides"
>>
>>81363220

I work for those companies so buy up and I get a big bonus mate
>>
>>81358444
The process of GM is fine.

The problem is when companies TM a plant and sue people for growing it.
>>
File: cruciferous.jpg (30 KB, 527x427) Image search: [Google]
cruciferous.jpg
30 KB, 527x427
it's pretty neat how many vegetables came about from one single plant: the wild cabbage.
>>
>>81358444
If greenhouse gases are so powerful, why do we still need to build houses around the gases?
>>
File: lC5tPnx.jpg (20 KB, 409x352) Image search: [Google]
lC5tPnx.jpg
20 KB, 409x352
>>81358444
GMO's themselves aren't bad. It's the pesticides that they use on them and the concept of 1 year terminal death seeds that took me a bit to understand
>>
>>81363427
Fuck off monsanto. Who has put insect genes into corn before your company?
>>
>>81358444
The issue of GMO's is fundamentally a math problem.

On the one side, you have GMO foods that feed a given number of people. Yields go up, and more people can be fed.

Take away GMO's and fertilizers and pesticides and insecticides, and yields will go down. This means that the number of people who can be fed declines, so more people will starve.

Pick one side of the equation.
>>
File: argentina flag poo.jpg (128 KB, 570x762) Image search: [Google]
argentina flag poo.jpg
128 KB, 570x762
>>81358444
Selective breeding and genetic modification are not the same thing. Just like the Falkland Islands and Argentina are not the same thing.
>>
>>81363220

Well to be fair, if we are to use GMOs, then infertile seeds are pretty much mandatory to prevent them from leaking into the wild. The consequences of that could be potentially catastrophic.
>>
File: Golden_Rice.jpg (246 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Rice.jpg
246 KB, 640x425
Not all GMO's are bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rice
>>
>>81363220
Farmers never replant seeds anyway. Even if they aren't GMO. Trust me, I live in rural Missouri, the state where Monsanto is headquartered.
>>
File: jewop.png (225 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
jewop.png
225 KB, 800x764
>>81358444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_DbVdVo-k

EAT YOUR HEALTHY GMOS, GOYIM!
>>
>>81359854
THIS GUY THINKS PESTICIDES ARE GMO
>>
If gmos aren't bad, why does Monsatan astroturf the entire internet to convince people?
>>
>>81359854
Genetic modification is used because some areas are requiring incredibly large amounts of pesticide use. Brazil, for example, has terrible pest problems because they don't have a winter.

>>81363220
>bacteria doesn't attack and degrade it
What?
>insects don't eat it
No, they try to eat it and they fucking DIE because they insert a resistance gene that fucking kills the specific pest.
>everything that isn't human, avoids it like wildfire
Not true

Also
>its seeds cannot be planted for the next season
>become entirely depended on that company which produces these seeds for food
>must buy the seeds every year
You made the same point three times.
H Y B R I D S D O N T B R E E D T R U E
THE FARMERS PLANT HYBRID SEED TO EXPLOIT HETEROSIS YOU FUCKING MONGOL.
Farmers haven't been using their own seed in western countries for literal decades. They buy from these companies because the companies are very effective at both conventional plant breeding and GM.

>>81368553
Didn't stop Greenpeace from destroying fields multiple times.

>>81369707
The Organic label is pretty worthless IMHO. It doesn't mean what people think it means.

>>81370007
>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill.

Have you been on normie social media? They all hate Monsanto. Monsanto has a team of people working to shill for them online and they haven't been able to do shit for the company's image.
>>
File: Greenpeace is retarded.jpg (87 KB, 949x528) Image search: [Google]
Greenpeace is retarded.jpg
87 KB, 949x528
>>81370120

Greenpeace is fucking retarded.

>Let's deface the fucking Nazca lines!
>>
Honestly, with very few exceptions, traditional plant husbandry is just better than Genetic Modification. Mostly GMOs are just used to breed in a kill switch that goes off unless an agent is introduced so that they can prevent other farmers from getting their hands on their breed of crop.
>>
>>81358444
But GMOs aren't bad but people let the media convince them they are.
>>
>>81370580
>used to breed in a kill switch
Sorry, mixed my wording a little. "used to splice in a kill switch"
>>
>>81364044
This

My dad is a farmer and he says he sprays more shit on the organic stuff then he does his normal stuff.
>>
>>81360505
>But the process of selective breeding isn't considered a GMO.
Despite selective breeding being the genetic modification of the organism.
>>
>>81364044
THIS SO MUCH
>>
>>81363427
Shill faggot.

Selective breeding is not fucking Gene replacement.
>>
why can't you grow potatoes like weeds in your backyard yet. why does the shit that grows fast have to be shitty shit.
>>
>>81371082
>Selective breeding is not fucking Gene replacement.
The term is GMO not GRO.
>>
>>81369510
If anything, paying double for your precious organic foods is succumbing to the jew
>>
>>81371082
We're talking about Genetic Modification, not Genetic Replacement. Don't move the goalposts.
>>
>>81358444
>selective breeding and hybridization is the same thing as bombarding embryos with copies of exogenous genes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_gun
you should really at least google it before spouting off about scientific topics like an ignorant pleb
>>
Most tards buy organic for either three reasons

1) they believe no pesticides are used (kek)

2) they convince themselves they are morally better since they believe they are saving the world

3) they have no thoughts of their own and let the media control what they purchase
>>
>>81358444
>1 post by this ID
>>
>hippies would rather eat food that has literally been poisoned than eat food that scientists spent billions of dollars developing so they produce the maximum amount of nutrients for us

LMAO
>>
Exogenous gene transfer occurs in nature on a regular basis Mostly due to viruses mostly, but there are even fucking bacteria which do this shit in nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrobacterium_tumefaciens
>>
>>81371323
Selective breeding is NOT Gene Modification. It's farming (or, more specifically, husbandry). No one but that one weird guy who never wears shoes believes that plants just popped out of the ground perfected. Stop re-defining terms.
>>
>>81371283

If that helps you sleep at night, okay.
>>
>breeding is the same as splicing fish genes into plants
>>
>>81371082
Selective breeding through man is considered GMO, leaf.
>>
>>81372886
Sauce?
>>
>>81372324
The end effect of both is to change the genetic makeup of the plant.

How is that not genetic modification?
>>
>>81373403
He is making reference to a test to see if you could cross genes from plants to animals. It was never more than a research project.
>>
>Picking the sweetest, most bountiful crops for seed
>Splicing genes for botulinum toxin into corn
>Believing this is somehow comparable
>2016

Nigga
>>
>>81360505
>>81361599
>Genetically modifying an organism is not genetically organizing an organism
>It only counts if it fits my cartooney vision of evil hunchback scientists injecting poisons into food and putting it on shelves with a gigantic nosed ceo laughing maniacally while riding around in his limo made of literally $100 bills
I'm not saying Monsanto and such are good, because they sure as shit aren't, but you're also fucking retarded
>>
>>81371283
>paying double for your precious organic foods

Paying? For plants, roots, and twigs? How blue-pilled do you think I am? I grow my own garden and store vegetables for year-round personal use.
>>
>>81363427
Fuck this. When was the last time some gardener was able to put a strain of another organism into a carrot, deprived from a jellyfish, to better withstand some toxins?
This comparison doesn't hold up.
>>
>>81361599
>being this deluded

Go drown in kool-aid, cumstain.
>>
>>81372324
I'll stop redefining terms when the list of sexualities goes back down to two.
>>
>>81360051
Oh I see, you're retarded.
>>
>>81358444
go away Ilan you fucking idiot
>>
>>81374227
Ebin man. Have fun with all that time spent tending to your garden
>>
>>81363427
no, selective breeding isn't GMO. nobody thinks that but you and your vocabulary dosent make your nonsense persuasive. opinion discarded.
>>
>>81358444
Come back when you can gmo argentinians to be white
>>
>he thinks selective breeding and genetic modification are the same thing

Fucking shills.
>>
lots of kikes and niggers and spics itt
>>
File: 1462090495853.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462090495853.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>not a single argument against GMOs other than "l-le frankenfood!!"
>people who think GMO = monsanto

Nice to see that /pol/ is on the same level of vegan numales
>>
>>81373458
Doing so and letting the natural process do its work over a thousand generations is not the same as using bacteria to inject genes to allow a plant to become immune to a herbicide.

GMO is fucking cancer, there is a reason we Jews do not eat it.

Stupid fucking Goyim.
>>
>>81375418
SAVAGE
>>
>>81375729
>is not the same
The process is different but the outcome is comparable.
>>
>>81358444
it's shame about those bananas. the seeds ruin them, but they taste so much better
>>
>>81370580
this. shamefully we have turned over traditional practices, which were MORE productive per acre, healthier, and sustainable - actually improving the land with time - in favor of the invasive parasitic jew that is agribusiness.
>>
>>81370402

Did they actually do this?!
>>
>>81375957
>immune to a herbicide.

>Higher yield over time

If you are actually this stupid, you deserve whats coming.
>>
>>81376386
Do you think that in time you couldn't breed or just have natural selection create a plant that's resistant to herbicides?
>>
>/pol/ intellectuals
>>
>>81373458
because the term genetic modification implies genetic engineering and specifically excludes selective breeding. it would be completely incorrect to call your heirloom chicken brood "genetically modified". your definition of "genetic modification" would include all forms of natural evolution and degeneration of DNA, including aging and getting a sunburn. you better put on your sunblock or you'll get genetically modified!
>>
If you oppose GMOs, then you're literally greenpeace-tier.
>>
>>81376661
Of course, eventually just like the weeds roaming around that we cannot kill anymore.

Nature finds a way. The entire concept is fucking retarded and is causing cancer. So keep eating your peasant food Goyim enjoy your bowel cancer.
>>
>>81364826
>the concept of 1 year terminal death seeds
What's that?
>>
>>81360505
GMO and trans-genic are different things
People against gmo's without knowing basic biology is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>81377065
>because the term genetic modification implies genetic engineering and specifically excludes selective breeding

Selective breeding is genetic engineering.
I see no reason why the term genetic modification excludes the first successful means of genetic engineering; selective breeding.

>>81377510
>Of course, eventually just like the weeds roaming around that we cannot kill anymore.
So in other worlds you are 100% correct but I'm still going to be a bitch about it?
>>
These semantics are retarded. You're truly falseflagging if you're seriously trying to argue that selective breeding is anywhere close to what jewsanto does
>>
>>81376665
>leaf intellectuals
>leaf in charge of hitting repeating digits
Flush yourself
>>
>>81377892
Does the method matter?

That's what's being argued for, and is full retard.
>>
File: 1425090132007.png (15 KB, 469x331) Image search: [Google]
1425090132007.png
15 KB, 469x331
>ITT people againts GMOs but demand cheap and good looking food at the supermarket
>>
>>81370945
>>81373660
>>81363427
Selective breeding allows nature to take its course and we simply allow what we don't like to die.
GMO refers to the direct modification of genes using a "scientific" technique, for a lack of better words.

We were able to do selective breeding for thousands of years. We just recently started to use GMO techniques. Understand the difference?
>>
>>81361599
A FUCKING LEAF!
>>
>>81378221
So since we recently started we should stop?
>>
>>81376066
Yup
>>
>>81378221
>Selective breeding allows nature to take its course
No, that's exactly opposite to what it means.

>We were able to do selective breeding for thousands of years.
>We just recently started to use GMO techniques.

Selective breeding is a GMO technique.

>for a lack of better words.
For lack of the proper technical terms because you are both ignorant and lazy. I say lazy because you could look up the correct term in less than 60s.
>>
>>81378840
No. What makes you think that?
>>
>>81370120
Organic is hilarious. Number one seller is also number one non organic seller. Vast majority comes from china.
>>
>>81378894
>No, that's exactly opposite to what it means.
>Selective breeding allows nature to take its course AND WE SIMPLY ALLOW WHAT WE DON'T LIKE TO DIE
Fucking leafs, man.

>I say lazy because you could look up the correct term in less than 60s.
>but I won't do it myself so I'll just pretend like I know it
Okay, leaf.
>>
>>81378965
>We were able to do selective breeding for thousands of years. We just recently started to use GMO techniques.

Strongly implies we shouldn't use those methods simply because we have been using selective breeding for so long.
>>
>>81358444
selective breeding and GMOs are two different things monkey

reported for bait shill troll sliding turk nigger shit
>>
>Cheap Food
>Food produced without GMO, pesticides

Pick one.
>>
>>81379276
>selective breeding and GMOs are two different things monkey
Yeah; one is a method the other is the outcome.
>>
GMOs are just speeding up selective breeding
>>
>>81379268
I'm not against GMOs. People just need to understand the difference between GMOs and selective breeding.
>>
>>81377843
>Herbicides

>Natural

My sides.
>>
>>81379806
Yes, sorry for misunderstanding.
>>
>>81379968
So your argument is in fact 'I'm ignorant of the world and within my limited understanding I'm right and everyone else that does actually know something is wrong.'
>>
File: 1455331529577.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
1455331529577.gif
2 MB, 360x414
>>81380174
No problem, man.
>>
>>81360051
SELECTIVE BREEDING IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS INJECTING A VIRUS THAT ALLOWS YOUR ORGANISM TO SURVIVE IN LEVELS OF TOXICITY SO HIGH THAT IT GIVES WHATEVER EATS YOU CROHN'S DISEASE

THANKS OP YOUR SO SMARTTTTT
>>
>>81369046
>Monsantos main business is basicially GMO
>pulls every dick move in the book to discredit GMO´s

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>81380491

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: IMG_0362.png (172 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0362.png
172 KB, 501x585
>>81358444
>selectively breeding and gene splicing are the same thing
Shoo, Shlomo.
>>81379363
Obvious shill. Making a pro-GMO post in a pro-GMO thread without responding to anybody. You're just pilling on the propagranda.
>>81379694
With outside genes, sometimes to strengthen them against pesticides so that farmers can use more.
>>
>>81358444
>>81363427
Patenting plant genetics (even ones only achievable artificially) is wrong.

Until that is banned, I will use it as a wedge to argue against GMO (towards the end of getting it banned, not out of scientific opposition to GMO.)
>>
>>81379135
That leaf is right, you dumb fuck.
>>
>Guys, did you hear? GMOs cause autism like flu shots! They're also putting a hole in the ozone layer! And if you say "GMO" in the mirror 3 times, one will appear and kill you!
>>
>>81366109
It's so the corn will eat the locusts, Turk. You're only against it because if it gets to livestock the goats might start fucking you back.
>>
There are two perfectly good reasons to oppose GMO:
>patenting genes
>feeding the third world instead of letting them starve down to sustainable levels
>>
File: image.jpg (875 KB, 2384x3179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
875 KB, 2384x3179
>compare by gcms
>same chemical signature
>fed to millions over decades
>wheres all the problems
I have heard though, that in some instances, theres a different ratio of omega-6 to omega-3, but unless thats all youre eating you should be fine.
>>
>>81381120

what's funny is the hippies won't let perfectly safe gmo rice be distributed. they're actually causing millions of children to go blind every year.
>>
>>81381082
But he isn't.
>>
>>81376066

Never underestimate the stupidity of Greenpeace.
>>
>>81381120
>feeding the third world
They always use this argument when it comes to GM, but if it's so wonderful (yet controversial in the west) why not only let the third world people living in countries with governments that would legalize anything for a $50 bribe eat it?

if you want to feed poor people, fine, go feed them your GM products. that doesn't mean i have to eat them too.

(the intuitive answer is that they want to make profits instead of get in a circle and sing "we are the world", but when you say that you obliterate the pretence of kindness.)
>>
GMOs are an incredible achievement.

Unfortunately, companies have so far only used it to Jew hardcore.

>hurr you can only use our proprietary herbicide on your corn. Sign this contract goy!

Meanwhile, they still haven't made catgirls for domestic ownership.

What an awful world.
>>
>>81381831
>Unfortunately, companies have so far only used it to Jew hardcore.
oy vey goyim you dont have a license for those seeds

were going to have to fine you
>>
>>81381017
>Until that is banned, I will use it as a wedge to argue against GMO.

Why?

Hey look we have this process that was super fucking expensive to develop so we are going to use the laws of the nation that allow us secure a period of time of exclusion from other manufactures copying out methods.

Nope you can't have that, so throw it away and everyone can do without!

What possible reason would a company have to develop a process that could be copied for a fraction of the development cost if they were not granted a period of exclusion?
>>
File: 1349584140769.png (173 KB, 316x330) Image search: [Google]
1349584140769.png
173 KB, 316x330
>>81379135
>>
>itt: degenerates trying to justify cucking themselves with intentionally poisoned pseudo-food
>>
>>81382267
Did you really get on your phone just to post a response from a different ID? >>81381082
>>
>>81381626
>what's funny is the hippies won't let perfectly safe gmo rice be distributed. they're actually causing millions of children to go blind every year.

Except that's bollocks. Millions go blind every fucking year? Have a word with yourself. See this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIXER_yZUBg

3:33 to the point about vitamin A in that rice. It didn't work, would have to eat 20+ bowls of rice a day to fill their needs, OR...they could just grow some carrots, squash, yams, mangos and so fucking on.
>>
kek. you fucking two-tooth uneducated retards. eating a plant with genes from a fish or insect spliced into it isnt going to fuck with you. when's the last time you ate an ear of corn and thought "oh shit, i hope those corn genes arent going to fuck with my body".

Crash course biochemistry: when you eat food, you start digesting it from the moment your saliva touches it. you are breaking these massive complex foods down into parts your body understands what to do with and you shit out the stuff it doesnt need. your stomach is a giant fucking blender that breaks highly ordered molecules and structures down to building blocks that your body uses to make shit you need, like energy, muscle, fat, etc.

you arent going to grow a pair of gills by eating a monsanto strawberry.
>>
>>81359854
This guy gets it.

>>81362305
Actually, he is spot on, the problem with GMO corn and soy is not the genetic manipulation itself, the problem is the herbicide round up that is used on those resistant-crops to clear weeds, gliphosate is highly carcinogenic.

You simply can't spray carcinogenic substances in your food and expect it not to give you cancer.
>>
>>81380206
By all means, keep killing yourself Goyim.
>>
>>81382787
Yes, anon, what you eat has no effect on you health.

Ignore the fact that most GMOs are modified specially to tolerate higher levels of glyphosate, and ignore the various health effects of glyphosate consumption.

When your mouth-breathing son tells you he's actually a girl and wants to chop his dick off -- ignore that too. Ignore the cancer and various diseases, ignore the decimation of natural food webs via systemic endocrine disruption, and ignore the wholesale sterilization of humanity -- just eat your cheetos and drink your pepsi, there's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>81382696
>3:33 to the point about vitamin A in that rice. It didn't work, would have to eat 20+ bowls of rice a day to fill their needs, OR...they could just grow some carrots, squash, yams, mangos and so fucking on.
Which is why they made a Golden Rice Mk2.
>>
>>81358444
GMOs are not the problem. the problem is them being turned into junk food like doritos and shit.

Most of if not all of your corn is genetically modified
>>
>>81383883
did i ever say that?

pesticide use is not a genetic modification. you can modify the genes to tolerate glyphosate levels all you want. ingesting glyphosate will harm you.

what makes something dangerous upon ingestion is when it reacts with your body in a manner similar to the building blocks I was talking about. glyphosate is one of those things.
>>
File: 1468567966343.png (51 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1468567966343.png
51 KB, 1000x1000
>>81370402
that's not just text on the image? They actually went and painted it?
>>
>>81379968
Many herbicides are naturally derived from plants

You are ignorant
>>
File: 1463194074621.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1463194074621.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>>81384351
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30422994

yes its tru
>>
>>81381999
It would still take a lot of effort to replicate their environment and reverse engineer their gene substitution routine to accomplish the same thing as them.

Just like computer companies are doing research in maths/computer algorithms and everyone else can use that. Yet they're still doing that.
>>
>>81358444
modern fruits and vegetables arent GMOs, their genes werent spliced, etc. they are selected. learn the difference you brain dead libtard.
>>
>>81358444
>selective breeding is the same as GMO

nice memed my friend
>>
>>81377613
Farmers can't use their own seeds, seeds resulting from gmo crops are sterile, so they need to buy seed from monstanto every year.
I don't know if they do it on prupose or it is an inevitable result of genetic modifications.
>>
>>81363427
Sure, but you couldn't breed in the traits of plants outside the same family let alone virus's and animal dna.

GMO experimentation is risky, we have no idea the long term effects it will have and the fact we've all just been exposed to it without consideration is wrong.

Also cross contamination with the diverse species we have, for example corn, is destroying genetic variability. We could possibly wipe out genes necessary to protect the plants from future virus variants.

Just look at what happened to the Irish when they all grew the same potato.
>>
>>81386841
its probably part money grabbing and part preventing a genetically engineered superplant getting out of hand and destroying the ecosystem by accident.
>>
File: engage-gm-decision-5-638.jpg (111 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
engage-gm-decision-5-638.jpg
111 KB, 638x479
>>81358444
bait/10 or youre just retarded.
Plants have the ability to grow in different forms but the genetics are intact. There is a plant around this giant sinkhole that at the top is a small fern, the same plants seeds fell down the sinkhole and the ones down there now grow to look like trees. The situation activates different growth patterns. Breeding corn like this is just exploiting that mechanism.

GMO on the other hand is fucking with the actual genetics. It is removing whole sections of dna, and inserting stuff that doesn't belong, like tomatoes having bacteria dna in them.
The outcome of this on our bodies has not been tested enough.
The thing that concerned me the most is wether or not the new dna will stay intact for the next million years.
If we contaminate all corn dna with this shit genetic engineering, is it a possibility that the modified sections of corn dna will, at some point a million years from now, start to unravel and cause the complete inability to grow new corn?

Imagine this on a global scale with every plant and animal we depend on? Imagine our food sources just dropping off left and right. The timeframe doesnt have to be a million years, it could happen next generation.
>>
>>81377613
Most GMO plants are infertile - they do not produce seeds or their seeds become infertile after one or few generations. The farmers have to buy new seeds from Monsanto and the likes, which can make a very nice political pressure instrument.
>>
>>81384266
But anon, when you make the plantresistant to glyphosate they can spray it year round not just after growth stops and 4-7 weeks before harvest.

The plant absorbs the glyphosate into itself. It's literally in the food. Pigs fed GMO feed had a large increase in miscarriage and deformity.

http://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/detection-of-glyphosate-in-malformed-piglets-2161-0525.1000230.pdf
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.