[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok Britainons... Red pill me on the UK. I'm tired of messing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 13
File: UK.png (264 KB, 2000x2778) Image search: [Google]
UK.png
264 KB, 2000x2778
Ok Britainons...

Red pill me on the UK.

I'm tired of messing up and looking like a fool when I have a conversation in real life with a British person.

What constitutes a person to be British? Is it true that there is a City of London within the actual city of London? Is Wales a country? How big is it compared to England? Why does everyone hate Irish people? Where do the Scottish stand between the Irish and the British?
>>
>>81348975

>What constitutes a person to be British?

Not giving a shit
>>
Which kingdom was the most powerful in British history?? Does the queen still have actual power even though she may be paraded off of tradition?
>>
>>81348975
Wales isn't a country, more of a myth from the merlin and King author stories. There is a small place in West England called Wales though, it's basically a small sheep producing village, not quite big or relevant enough to be called a city.
Irish people are the fucking worst that's why we hate them. Fucking IRA terrorist attacks on Britain and shit.
Scottish are alright though, kinda irrelevant.
>>
>>81348975
To be British you must be gay and drink as much tea as you smoke tobacco
>>
>>81349355
That's interesting, Wales is practically nothing. This one guy was all proud of being from Wales that I met, made it sound like a big strong country. Is the IRA comparable to Al Qaeda then??
>>
>>81349129

Wrong

Your blood and heritage - something you wouldn't understand Sambo
>>
>>81349227
England, always.

She has powers, but if she ever used them she'd probably be dethroned by parliament.
>>
>>81349851
Would you say that the Roman migration thousands of years ago could be considered heritage?
>>
>>81349355
Northern Irish are worse than the Irish. Northern Irish loyalists murder civilians on purpose, don't give a shit.
>>
>>81349788
No, the IRA tend to give warnings before attacks, and tend to target military and police targets as opposed to civilians.
>>
>>81350050
There's been some talk that she wields a lot of financial power given that many countries such as Canada and Australia are part of the commonwealth of the crown, and she collects land taxes each year from all of those countries.
>>
>>81350114

they weren't romans, they were auxes
>>
>>81349227
Wessex, it eventually essentially took over Mercia, Anglia and Northumbria.
>>
>>81350349
It almost looks like mafia business in a way, but at a more major political spectrum. Are these targets that the IRA go after mostly corrupt at least?

If not then I absolutely 100% agree they should be taken down.
>>
>>81350349
While the loyalists chimp out at everything. They are the niggers of the Celt-Anglo Isles
>>
>>81350643
They are a glorified gang now. They mainly goo after drug dealers.
The only good IRA was the one in 1920.
>>
What has happened recently in the UK in regards to the refugee crisis? Has anything improved or gotten worse?
>>
>>81350840
Yeah that's dumb, I agree then that people should have an eye on the IRA and make sure they do nothing else.
>>
>>81350871
The highstreets just kept getting busier and busier.
>>
File: 23353454351.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
23353454351.png
1 MB, 900x900
>>81348975
Nothing these days

> Is it true that there is a City of London within the actual city of London?
Yes, but it's full of lawyers and kikes

>Is Wales a country?
No, its a meme

>How big is it compared to England?
Like England is to Russia

>Why does everyone hate Irish people?
Because they're traitors

>Where do the Scottish stand between the Irish and the British?
Most Scots hate celtic fenians, all Scots hate the English
>>
>>81350459
She does personally get to keep all the money and spend it on hats and champagne.
Their are rules.

Recently there was talk of a royal property being rented out of bring in some extra cash.
Imagine being able to say the Queen is your landlady.
>>
>>81349788
>Is the IRA comparable to Al Qaeda then??

IRA phones ahead to warn for their bombs like any decent British terrorist would.
>>
>>81349851
>muh heritage

Kek. We killed Germans for trying to fetishise that bollocks. Multiculturalism is the future, inshallah.
>>
>>81351449
>all Scots hate the English

nice meme
>>
>>81351676
Scots hate Scots too, fucking Scots

THEY RUINED SCOTLAND
>>
>>81348975
>Red pill me on the UK.
They killed France and lead the whole world to the chaos.
>>
>>81351526
Huh, I had suspicions that she may have been at the tip top of the power pyramid but I guess I was wrong.

>>81351449
Crash course

>>81351587
You're a cheeky one, Rory.
>>
>>81348975
______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|]
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)
>>
>>81349355
Wales is the strongest Kingdom in the union and the only reason you wankers left the EU
>>
>>81351587
>We killed

That when your dad was still sucking off goats in the Punjab?
>>
>>81349788

You Eternal Anglos are hilarious!
>>
>>81348975
Heritage
>City of London
Yes also the Queen has to ask before entering, it's full of bankers and shady people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc
>Is Wales a country?
Of course it is.
> How big is it compared to England?
look at a map
They don't.
In Scotland?
>>
As recent expat (aka migrant) from US to Europe, I'll give my fellow Burgers a rundown:

Europe is not like America. People here are intensely proud of their shit-little region. Imagine if everyone had the stick-up-their-ass attitude that Texans had, only instead of being proud of a big region like Texas, they are proud of a region the size of Delaware. That is all of Europe.

So you have the UK where nobody really thinks of themselves as British, because they are all proud of their tiny little sheep hamlet. People from Wales, which is literally a tiny little sheep hamlet, are intensely proud of the area. They even have their own language, that nobody really speaks, because it's completely useless. Doesn't mean they're not proud of it.

Same with Scotland.

Same with Ireland.

Same with every tiny little town in England. Heaven forbid you accidentally say someone is from York, when they're actually from Bumfuckshire, which is a town 15 minutes from York. Oh and a "town" in the UK is equivalent to a collection of houses in the middle of a farm field. Imagine the stereotypical "main street" USA, only 1/2 the size and much sadder, and you have all the towns in the UK.

Repeat this same petty attitude and behavior in France, Spain, Germany, etc, and you can see why Europe will never, ever compete with America.
>>
>>81352638
I meant diplomatically. Would you consider Scots to be bros or do you dislike them for any reason?

Btw I just had a commercial truck captcha.. kinda spooky.
>>
>>81348975
You are British if you are in Britain so if you are born in England, Wales or Scotland, you are British.
>>
>>81351852
She's not even the richest Briton.
There might be some Illuminati pyramid she's on but I'm just a pleb so not privy to such secrets.

In terms of visible power she doesn't have much beyond giving the seal of approval to the acts of parliament.
What might happen if she refused is only ever described as 'a constitutional crisis' no one knows what would happen.

Technically she is at the top of the pyramid but ever since the bill of rights, the power of the monarch has slowly be given over to parliament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_of_Rights_1689
>>
>>81352892
>US to Europe
but why?
>>
>>81349851
How much of your blood?
>>
>>81352892
Thank you
>>
>>81353073
No one has ever went through a Constitutional crisis?
>>
>>81353313
Most upper-middle class Americans dream of being able to live and work in Europe because it is "sophisticated" and "cultured". Which it is, compared to America. Don't think I can do it long term, but so far living the dream here, lol.
>>
>>81353338

All of it nigger
>>
>>81351449
>Because they're traitors

And with every fucking reason. The Irish got treated like shit by the Brits for hundreds of years why should they want to be ruled by them.
>>
>>81354082
>Celts without Anglo
Dirty sheepfuckers
>Celts with Anglo
Civilized dirty sheepfuckers
>>
Man I would love to go to America

I'd buy a white Barracuda, eat some of the best tasting food ever and go hunting. Shit would be cash. I have Irish family in Queens. Everything is superb. Times square is fucking neat. But I also really want to explore rural America also. In a Barracuda.
>>
>>81353671
No one knows what it would look like in UK if the monarchy tried that sort of thing today.
So long since anything like that has happened.
>>
>>81348975
Being a degenerate, liberal, anti-catholic dirt and proud of it. This is why this country is doomed
>>
>>81354720
Then why does half of your population live here? Are they going to leave soon??
>>
>>81354082
>Why should THEY want to be ruled by THEM
You've slipped up there Ahmed. Come back when you find yourself in an argument you have stock in, or anything sensible to say.
>>
>>81354082
#ILM

Sit down faggot.
>>
>>81354459

Dude have you been to England Anglos love dirty camelfuckers theres millions of them here is that civilized?

>>81355195

My family is Irish
>>
>>81354720
Catholics are shit and they know they're shit. Go tongue your cuck Pope's arse you Eurotrash cockmonger.
>>
>>81355010
>half of your population
kek
>>81355010
>Are they going to leave soon??
Yep. I guess as soon as Britain starts to crumble, which is inevitable
>>
>>81354720
You forgot your proxy.
I disagree with your sentiment, if Catholicism is so great why is Trump so keen on trying to keep out Mexican immigrants?

I mean Mexico is the most Catholic place I know of besides Vatican city.
>>
>>81355395
Then say "We" so us Brits can know you for the whining traitor that you are. Fuck off back to Paddyland, or fuck off across the ocean to join the rest of the trash in South Boston.
>>
>>81354720
can you get your family to fuck off out of england then please
>>
Is Wales a country?
>>
>>81355637

I was born in England so no you fuck off paki.
>>
File: IMG_0856.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.gif
11 KB, 501x585
>>
>>81355473
See. This is what I was talking about. They're proud that their king literally robbed the Catholic Church and gave it to other robbers. And still they call themselves "free" when they're proud of the fact that their king fucked in the ass a whole system of charities for the poor, that were legally owned by the Church. You better watch out with your edginess son or your liberty loving country might check whether you don't violate hate speech laws. Britons shall be slaves
>>
>>81355734
Yes. Well, sort of
>>
File: Based Boris.jpg (325 KB, 591x770) Image search: [Google]
Based Boris.jpg
325 KB, 591x770
>>
>>81348975

I'm sorry Ameribro but you and every other nation on earth just don't get what it means to be English

You simply dont hate yourself enough nor complain enough

Plus banter goes right over your head
>>
File: brexit results.png (47 KB, 744x927) Image search: [Google]
brexit results.png
47 KB, 744x927
>>81352267
Nope, England had a higher percentage of out than Wales did.

Please do your research in future.
>>
>>81355734
It's treated as one, even if it isn't one on paper.
>>
>>81355552
>Mexico is the most Catholic
Mexicans lack public virtues and public obligations. They're half-catholic. Any moron can shout he's catholic and show off with crosses and such, but in Poland it is obvious that you can't be a catholic only in private, which is why Poland is still catholic and the corruption rate is systematically dropping and is already lower than in Spain or Italy
>>
File: huw.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
huw.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>81348975
>Is Wales a country? How big is it
Clearly you don't watch enough BBC. Wales is SI unit for geographical. For example, Russia is 823 times The Size of Wales. It makes no sense to ask how big Wales itself is. It's just 1 times The Size of Wales.

>l2geograhise
>>
>>81356035
i believe you mean Gary Busey
>>
England is the Fatherland, at least to a true New Englander. The rest of Britain is full of shiftless Celts
>>
>>81356311
They don't use SU units.
American need countries expressed in units of Texas.
Texas is 33.5 times the size of Wales and has almost 10 times as many people.
>>
>>81356164
do you have source for that?
>>
>>81356131
We were bombarded with propaganda about how much gibs we get from the EU and we still voted leave.
>>
>>81355734
It's more like a large pub.
>>
File: wales.jpg (59 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
wales.jpg
59 KB, 640x447
>>81355734
Eeeeh kinda most people here in Wales seem to not mind England apart from a bit of banter here and there where as the Scotish ffuuuucking hell
>>
>>81357375
Scottish*
>>
>>81352267
>Kingdom
I thought Wales was a principality?
>>
>>81357187
Only look at their state? They're fucking corrupt and lack any political thought. As for corruption in Poland you can go to Transparency Int
>>
>>81350840
most USA FUNDED IRA crews were child rapists gangs .. well known know .. FACT RECORDED
How does that make you feelz Burgers ..?
>>
>>81349851

Not giving a shit and stiff upper lip is our culture. It IS part of our heritage.
>>
>>81358051
Oh I know you guys carried the vote and I love you for it. I'm still proud we did our part though. The fucking propaganda was insane leading up to it
>>
>>81349788
Wales is strong... when anyone tries to take their sheepfus away.
>>
>>81348975
It's only 5 minutes, and well worth a watch if you don't know shit about the UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10
>>
>>81354583
>neat
nice proxy chad
>>
>>81348975
If this thread doesn't give you an idea of Britain anon, then you're a fucking yank.

In short - we all piss of each and banter, but we love one another in the end really... except the Scots - fuck them.
>>
File: uk.png (65 KB, 605x585) Image search: [Google]
uk.png
65 KB, 605x585
here you go confused americans
>>
>>81358839
>CPG Grey

REDDIT IS AN AMAZING PLACE WHERE YOU CAN DISCUSS HOW YOU PREP YOUR BULL AND MEET OTHER KEKS

He's a nigcuntfagcuck
>>
Most of it is a dull shithole that will make you want to kill yourself if you stay here more than a few weeks.

Only the countryside redeems it.
>>
>>81357875
To be fair, the Catholic church has had a lot of shady dealings in Italy.
We're not doing too bad corruption wise either.
Looks like maybe the UK isn't as bad as you say it is.
http://www.transparency.org/country/#GBR
>>
>>81359137
It's ok dad. Go have a cuppa. Everything will be fine. Yes, I know you used to rule the world. Ok dad.
>>
>>81348975
>Irish
>People
That's where you fucked up anon
>>
>>81359535
>Go have a cuppa
I will... you bastard child of thine.
>>
File: Low Quality.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Low Quality.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>81356803
Norgway pls
>>
>>81359637
The Irish are awesome (except Northern Ireland-that's a dump). This is why the United Kingdom is only 'United' on paper as everyone hates each other. We are truly a divided kingdom.

Any idea how to solve the England-Scotland problem now that I think of it.
>>
>>81360059
Free crumpets and baco - oh wait
>>
>>81359137
not true faggot
I browse reddit from time to time and I am STRONGLY against the degeneracy that is "bull prep-ing", "cuckoldry", aswell as the "leftist movements"
>>
>>81352892
>The US doesn't have town wars were folks from different towns beat each other up over a footie game leading to a hundred arrests and several dead.

Fag.
>>
>>81348975

to be born a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This includes dependent and overseas territories like the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and all those other tiny litle chunks of the British empire that still exist.

>Is it true that there is a City of London within the actual city of London?

Yes. The City of London is the original city, before all the small towns that existed along the river Thames merged together to become districts in a massive conurbation called London. It was a walled city that had been the financial centre of the British isles. It still has a semi-feudal and autonomous status in the unwritten British constitution, and it functions as massive offshore tax haven and micro-state for the world's finances.

>Is Wales a country?

It is a former country now considered a principality of England, (ie they don't have a King, but the heir to throne is the Prince of Wales by tradition, think Dorne in Game of Thrones) however Wales does have a distinct national identity of it's own, it's just been utterly crushed into submission by the English, more so than even the Scots and the Irish (despite what many think) This is why they don't have the Welsh Dragon on the Union Jack.

>How big is it compared to England

Read a map you lazy wanker

They don't. There's been centuries of war and colonialism between the two countries, but on the whole they're very closely related cultures and peoples.

Mixed. Some Scots have a sense of "celtic brotherhood" and shared oppression with the Irish, and Scottish Nationalists certainly sympathise with Irish republicanism, but at the same time Scotland did it's fair share of imperialism and pillaging in Ireland too, and a large chunk of the Northern Irish population is of Scottish Protestant heritage and are staunch British loyalists.
>>
>>81348975
>Is Wales a country? How big is it compared to England?
What the fuck man, just look at a map.
>>
>>81360059
give us back everything north or Newcastle and you got yourself a deal
>>
>>81360259
You're a fucking retard.
I don't even hate Reddit, and I wasn't trying to insult Reddit in my post (I was insulting CPG Grey). But you mentioning you go on reddit on 4chan is a death wish.

>>81360751
He's American
>>
>>81360838
Deal. I honestly hate how shit England treats the other areas of the United Kingdom. I mean I can understand Northern Ireland due to republican and loyalist terrorists but Wales is a close neighbour and Scotland were one of the original founders of the union.

This Brexit has exposed the divide to the normies.
>>
>>81349227
>Which kingdom was the most powerful in British history??

Usually England, but it depends how far back you wanna go. Lots of different countries, empires, petty kingdoms, tribal fiefdoms and principalities have existed on this little chunk of land in the sea over the centuries. Prior to England for instance there was the "heptarchy" - five Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, where the biggest most powerful one would have suzerainty over the others and be "Lord of the Isles" or some such. Then we have the Danelaw period, a few hundred years of Danish and Viking occupation, where Yorkshire and Denmark effectively constituted a single proto-nation over the North Sea, which only ended after William the Conqueror united England in 1066 (which is "Birth of England" so to speak)

>Does the queen still have actual power even though she may be paraded off of tradition?

Yes, although she wisely only uses it sparingly. The constitution of Britain is unwritten and based on a deliberately confusing mess of conventions and unspoken assumptions. The tradition is that the Crown Powers are exercised by Parliament. There is a Sovereign, a privy council, a landed aristocracy with representation in the main parliament and whole structure of knights, yeoman, Anglican ministers and othersuch relics that formally hold power, but they exist in a sort of stalemate whereby they can kind their titles and property if they agree to defer to parliament. Despite this, they're not totally powerful, and there's probably the deepest "deep state" of any advanced industrial nation in the world, which is why our current constitutional and political crisis is so unusual in our history.
>>
>>81361460
>heptarchy" - five Anglo-Saxon kingdoms

Oops, seven I mean
>>
File: The First King of England.jpg (89 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
The First King of England.jpg
89 KB, 768x1024
>>81361460
>William the Conquer united England
NORMAN PROPAGANDA REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81361212
The union was always one of convenience. Not because we were friends.

Scotland fucked themselves up and ended looking to other countries for support.
England didn't want Scotland allying with France so they entered a union.
Wales was seized earlier on by the king of England and as far as I know, the idea behind Norn Ireland was to protect Irish Protestants or something.
>>
>>81361212
A kind of post-imperial self-loathing and disgust towards all displays of sincerity and overly emotional behaviour.
That and complaining about everything but never actually doing anything about it, which can be positively manifested in stoicism and stiff upper-lippedness but usually involves watching a tramp having a wank on the tube but thinking it would be rude to tell him to stop.

https://youtu.be/SdVnEbHZjzo
>>
>>81362774

Also - by closing off the final land border between England - Scotland, it meant both nations could reduce the size of their standing armies and go off colonising shit together getting rich (including, for the record, Ireland)
>>
>>81348975
Someone born in Britain is British unless they're a paki or a plumber.
Yes but you can just say London and most people will know what you're talking about.
Wales is the big that looks like a pigs head in the southwest of the UK.
Because pikies are basically niggers.
The Scottish are deep fried baby eating degenerates.
>>
>>81363084
fug, meant
>>81348975
>>
>>81363084
>A kind of post-imperial self-loathing

A post-imperial sense of denial and identity crisis about our declining global status is probably more accurate.
>>
>>81362774
Same, I see the whole thing as tactical. Wales was small enough, Scotland was larger and had had more value and Ireland had the most value as it was much larger so they shipped colonists over to take it over (also to stop Spain and other countries from using Ireland as an attacking area). That failed with Ireland getting independence and to stop Island violence; Northern Ireland was created.

However, Northern Ireland and Scotland are proving to be a huge pain to keep and Wales might as well be England 2.0.

The future should be interesting. Brexit needs to be sorted soon before people get restless.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme
lol this is so scottish it hurts
>>
>>81364083

Top kek
>>
>>81363084
>A kind of post-imperial self-loathing and disgust towards all displays of sincerity and overly emotional behaviour.

so true
>>
Get in this fucking thread, Britbros:
>>81364494
>>
File: stream_img.jpg (48 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
stream_img.jpg
48 KB, 680x382
>>81358839
>However both the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom are both members of the European Union...
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.